Rollme s08 screen flickering and gets black

Hi Guys, I received a brand new rollme s08 stand alone watch. Charged to 100%, turn on the watch and the screen was flickering then hold still and turns on. Now two days, the watch won’t turn on untill several attempts and when on, the screen flickles then goes off. Also when turn the watch on, it attempts to start but only a white flash comes on the screen then the watch goes off. I checked and the firmware was up to date. Am so disappointed as this was supposed to be a premium watch. I can’t even use this watch. Any help or any one with same issue would be appreciated.

I would suggest to take a movie of this behavior and return the watch to the seller.

2 Likes

Normally when watches are older we can make the usual suggestions , factory reset , flash firmware , open up the watch as a last resort etc but as your is broken from new i would return asap as @ eric suggested . Through experience the longer you leave it the harder this becomes depending on seller

1 Like

Just curious. You said you charged the watch to 100%. Two days later the watch won’t turn on. Have you tried to re-charge the watch? Two days depending on how it was used is probably at or near the battery life of most of these watches.

1 Like

Same problem…
I bought a watch after 25 day the watch now die and not on if plug in a charger. After die the scren flikering bootlogo scren show logo (Rollme)

Hey, sorry to hear that. My Rollme S08 started flickering 12 hrs after i received it. I am soo dissapointed with Rollme. I had to spend more to return it. I dont think there is anything you can do about it. Maybe check to see if you can send it back for another one or atleast, get some money back

1 Like

Have you tried flashing the firmware ? Would you like help with this

1 Like

Hello. My roll me S08 start flashing the logo after i went for a surf session, it was my first use of the smartwatch (yesterday)… then it start flashing the logo, and the last thing i saw, was the screen with the battery low (in red)… and turned off… and know it wont recharge, or i can’t restart or nothing… it is “dead” … how can i bring it to life, again? I tried to press the power button for more than 15 seconds, 1 minute… both buttons at the same time, etc…
It wont respond when a connect the USB charger… the computer don´t react… what can i do? Any suggestion? There are any page, or place for tips of troubleshooting?
please, i need help… Someone?

Try cleaning the connectors and check cable.

And let it charge longer, for 10-15 minutes.

1 Like

Thank you for your replies… I appreciate.

I already did that… I cleaned the connectors and i cheked the cable…
When i connect the rollme S08 with the USB cable to my computer (windows 7)… i receive the message: “USB device not recognized”.

I already let charging hours, but the charge won´t even start… If it starts it will appear the battery in the smartwatch screen…

When the smartwatch started blinking, it took about 4 or 5 hours to drain the battery completely… After that went “dead”…

Any suggestions?

Do you have the charging dock also? If yes, charge it completly and try to charge the watch with the dock instead the charging cable.

1 Like

Hello, thank you for your reply…

I already tried to charge with the charging dock… i charged completely the charging dock, but the result is the same… nothing… don´t even give any signal of life…
i´m frustrated because i bought it yesterday, it was working just fine… i charged until 100%… and i went to my daily surf session… i asked my wife to call me when i was in the sea… and surprise for me: it worked… after an half hour i enter the sea i asked my wife to call me, to test if it works… and perfect… i must say that i was more or less 50 meters inside the sea, sitting in my surfboard, waiting that phone call, and it happened… i already dived several times in the water, and i was struggling to catch the waves, and i receive and talked with my wife with no problem… she recorded our conversation in her smartphone, and later i heard it and it was clear sound…
so for about an half hour inside the sea, at the sea surface, the ROLLME S08 worked like a charm… but about 1 hour later it happened what i described… it start blinking, i get off the water, dry the smartwatch, went home, and after 5 hours he stopped blinking and went “dead”…

When i´m surfing i can´t miss some professional phone calls… i´m not saying that i answer inside the sea, sitting in my surfboard, but i could get out of the water and make a phone call, in the sand, and trying to avoid replying phone calls after 1 or 2 hours of surfing…

I searched in the internet extensively, and i could not found a watch with a properly waterproof and shock resistant with a sim card slot, or with a e- sim (virtual)… i think apple watch series is capable of waterproof IP68 and e-sim, but not 5 ATM waterproof, and shock proof… i think samsung as also something similar…

I was thinking, now the ROLLME S08 has proven not to be capable of they say (diving, swimming, etc)… to buy a smallest phone, and close it in a plastic bag and put it vibrating mode inside my surf wetsuit pocket…

But i won´t quit awakening that ROLLME S08, that , for what i see, gives a lot of problems to those who buy it… perhaps a fibrillator???

I’m sorry, but I suspect water has entered. To save the watch, you can try the following: Open the SIM tray and put the watch in a bag with rice in a warm place for 1-2 days.

2 Likes

I suppose you are right…

I’m sure that’s what happened … But it wasn’t supposed to, I think …
I will try what you suggested…
I will come back to say something…

By the way do anyone knows a official ROLLME page with tips for troubleshooting?
If it’s written in Chinese, it doesn’t matter, I use the online translator. Anyone?
The official ROLLME page does not mention anything about troubleshoot and tips…

This is the official Rollme support site.
Same as Kospet and Lemfo etc…
What exactly do you need to know?

1 Like

Hello!

I was just trying to find out if there was someone else to whom the same thing happened to me, and if it managed to resolve …
Perhaps someone may find other testimonials on other online sites, in other languages.
Worth trying.

thank you very much

To be honest you are the first we know of . I would try what has been suggested above and report back . Thankyou

Hello again…

It passed a week.

I left my ROLLME S08 inside a rice bag, and today i tried to bring it to life…
I left charging about an hour, but it didn´t worked…

Certainly entered sea salty water inside, and it was the end of it. It lasted about an hour inside the sea water…

The promotional video of ROLLME shows a scuba diver diving in the ocean with the ROLLME S08… It is said that can go to 50 meters depth…It´s fake… I was surfing, and i didn´t even gone 2 meters depth… Don´t even try to take it to sea water…

In attachment i uploaded a video so you can see my dead smartwatch…
See in another life…!!!

You can see youtube video that i made in:

Thank you very much.
Goodbye.
Pedro from Portugal

1 Like

Rereading your initial post it suggests, at some point while the watch was exposed to salt water you probably actuated one or both buttons. Everything I have ever read about using these watches while in a shower or swimming is to Never operate the buttons. Because while wet, it may allow water to easily enter the watch. This is further reinforced by your comment that about 1 hour later, it happened. Especially salt water because of its increased conductivity, it acts very well as a good electrical conduit. I deal with this all the time spending my life, on a boat, constantly immersed in salt water. It is a constant challenge to prevent damage to underwater metals from electrolysis.

2 Likes