Reboot loop on Kospet Hope

Ok, please disconnect the watch and wait until the battery is dead again. Then coose “firmware update” in this case and press download again. Make sure that the contacts on the backside are clean, you might use alcohol to clean them. Make sure that the watch is connected to the dock properly. That is a little bit tricky sometimes. At last, connect the USB cable to the computer. Then the flashing process should work.

I have chosen the firmware update option and managed to get this to happen. I will now work on ensuring contacts are perfectly aligned and clean as I am sure this may be a source of my issue of charging.

1 Like

Congrats, you’ve done it. Now charge your watch and then let us pray that your problemsare solved. By the way: No factory reset needed in this case.

1 Like

Cheers buddy! I will keep you informed

1 Like

Yes I should have mentioned it before.
Firmware Upgrade option in the flash tool is needed for a situation like this.
It clears old (possibly corrupted) data and system files…
Very glad you are sorted out now…
Will you please let Kospet know if you have emailed them.?
Thanks

Thanks. I will let Kospet know. However I have now been encountering “device not recognised” issue. I have tried all the windows troubleshooting, cleaning contacts and repositioning watch/dock. Its like the connection is there between the ‘object’ and computer but it doesn’t know what is connected to it. Shall I assume that my charger/cells have deteriorated as suggested by another member on my original post? Overheating Kospet Prime 4G - #15 by Alvaro28
Capture1 Capture2

This watch does get warm though but remains at 0 charge…

Ok, this is what I feared. I don’t think we can save the watch. We have now tried everything. You should contact Kospet now as @pablo11 suggested.

I agree.
However a couple of points to consider.
@wmchikwanha This model has been out of production for a while now.
This is a 3 + 32gb Prime right ?
How long ago did you buy the watch?

If you are technically minded then you can remove the rear cover and disconnect the battery for a few seconds and then reconnect.
This generally unlocks the Pre-Loader and then you should be able to flash again.

Do you happen to know the details of the original firmware that was on the watch when you got it?

This is very important because it is unusual for the device to become unrecognisable unless the firmware you flashed is not quite right.

I believe that if you have proof of purchase which shows that you purchased the watch less than 12 months ago - it may be better to ask for a refund or a newer model - even if you have to contribute towards the cost of the newer device.

3 + 32 gb bought Feb 2020 from Aliexpress. No details of the original firmware. I have only ever flashed once ie yesterday with the firmware this group gave me on this thread.
I can open to disconnect the battery and do the simple stuff.
Its been more than 12 months so I guess I am pretty much stuffed on the refund issue.

Ok yes, more than 12 months is past compensation unfortunately.
So I believe that trying to carefully try the battery disconnect and checking connections etc is best.

To be honest I suspect that a new device is on the cards…

Last hope salon is open this and disconnect battery and connect

I have been in touch with kospet and they say its best to get it repaired. I like the Prime 2 though. Thanks a lot for your time!

Now its my turn to go through this boot loop rubbish with what looks like no chance of a happy ending :frowning: Although I have had it more than a year I have only used it for like 6-8 months at most.
Does anyone have any recommendations for something more reliable?

First, try to let it run dry completly and charge it afterwards. If it doesn’t work, you might try to flash the firmware.

1 Like

Dont give up . Very often a fix is possible . Do what has been suggest above ( both methods ) . If you try and flash it make sure there isnt a ounce of battery power left . Keep pressing the power button on over and over so it doesnt even partly start up

In flash tools select " firmware upgrade "

2 Likes

OK. stage one, it has run down and I have it on the charger…but it is displaying boot screen and not usual charging display…flashing firmware I have never done but I am sure there are instructions to find here in the posts

I will just say how much I love my Kronos Genesis. Not a single issue with regards to build quality so far. I had hoped Kospet would be on a par but maybe I am just unlucky. I am tempted to open it up and look at the power switch like xcvi96 did earlier

I have just posted the instructions above ?

You have been lucky with the Genesis and unlucky with the Kospet as its a great watch . DONT open it up until you have tried flashing

1 Like

This is extremely unusual for a KOSPET Hope.
Can you let us know if it is 3gb ram and 32gb of storage or is it the 1gb ram and 16gb storage model?

I’m also curious to understand how it got into this situation?
Did it get damp at all?
Did you install something and then the boot loop started?

It is just easier to help if we know what happened…

Cheers

2 Likes