Real Bluetooth phone calls from your watch running Android 5.1 ONLY

OK, expecting something really astounding now!

That aside, do you have any timescales on when we might know more?

Nov 3, 2017 19:25:06 GMT 1 tedted said:

i believe before the end of the month but doā€™nt forget it will be part of the FW so they doing the best that it woā€™nt have any bugs or problems (doā€™nt forget the problems with wiiwear and wiiwatch) to give the best usage of the capability for BT calls.

i hope finally get some sort of FW update for my Y3 that missed out on any kind of update from its launch. Thx to Lemfo!!

Nov 3, 2017 19:28:33 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Nov 3, 2017 19:25:06 GMT 1 tedted said:

i believe before the end of the month but doā€™nt forget it will be part of the FW so they doing the best that it woā€™nt have any bugs or problems (doā€™nt forget the problems with wiiwear and wiiwatch) to give the best usage of the capability for BT calls.

Well actually as I said, I couldnā€™t give a monkeys about this particular functionality, but am finding it increasingly intriguing that this is an upshot of pablo11ā€™s visit to China and that there might be more to come further down the line, hopefully an android 6 device with a massive battery, Iā€™d pay decent money for that, (so long as it had a camera as well).

Nov 3, 2017 19:44:32 GMT 1 deanj said:
i hope finally get some sort of FW update for my Y3 that missed out on any kind of update from its launch. Thx to Lemfo!!

Iā€™m afraid, but I feel that our y3 will not be in the lucky teamā€¦

Nov 3, 2017 19:17:02 GMT 1 tedted said:
A lot of people seem to be perplexed and dubious about this because the opening post describes it in various ways as:-

Being here now
Available
A reality now

And yet nothing does seem to be available at this moment, and, there seems to be some confusion about how itā€™s actually going to be delivered.

I think you can understand why there is an element of speculation, (and I couldnā€™t give a toss about this feature!)

Itā€™s here now. Itā€™s available. Itā€™s real Itā€™s available in form of AllCall W1 watch (in reality itā€™s KingWear KW99 with 2GB RAM and 16GB of storage branded as AllCall).

Itā€™s available on GearBest and Aliexpress (not widespread but itā€™s there). Most probably other KingWear watches will get that too (but thatā€™s for the company to decide), most probably Microwear H2 will get this too (again thatā€™s for the company to decide). 

Itā€™s not some updated BT app like WiiWatch/WiiWear. This connects directly to BT stack on phone and registers itself as ā€œloudspeaker with a micā€. For this to work changes were needed at (lower levels) Bluetooth stack on watch. App itself is just needed to have a way of controling this but thatā€™s it (similarily Phone app doesnā€™t talk to hardware just controls it right? )

TBH I didnā€™t give a toss about that feature either but ā€¦ Itā€™s useful and works like a charm. Over last few days Iā€™ve used this more than couple of times (mostly while driving).

And please pay some respect to soniasophie9697 You have no idea how many effort and time she invested here, how many people she helped (me including). Sheā€™s heā€¦re every day and always on the lookout for poor souls in troubles.

N.

Nov 3, 2017 20:04:04 GMT 1 tedted said:

Well actually as I said, I couldnā€™t give a monkeys about this particular functionality, but am finding it increasingly intriguing that this is an upshot of pablo11ā€™s visit to China and that there might be more to come further down the line, hopefully an android 6 device with a massive battery, Iā€™d pay decent money for that, (so long as it had a camera as well).

The people who make firmware solutions for watches like the KW88, 99, 98 and LES1 and Zeblaze Thor and others decided to invest in obtaining this feature and offered it to their Customers.
So far only KingWear and Microtech have asked for it. It is an extra cost and some companies donā€™t see the point in having it.
Early buyers of the H2 will not have the firmware - as Mr Ticks will tell you.
However - I can assure that ones coming out now will have it - just like the AllCall W1 has it now.
It is not an app on itā€™s own - it is an entirely new bluetooth stack and also a couple of apps.
So you canā€™t just install it on any watch.
As soon as I have permission to release the firmware publicly - I will.

Pablo11 thanks for the update. Maybe now some of these members will moderate their postings and take a breath. It will happen when it happens and unless you are about to buy a watch and are concerned about whether to buy now or wait, others having to wait a while shouldnā€™t be a problem.

I have a smart watch GT08 has done this when connecting bluetooth to the phone long ago , just no wifi , 3g ,gps with 3 clocks only

Hi pabloā€™s visit to china was simply to get a replacement back plate for his old KW88 as Zoe Chan wouldnt send him one unles he paid a fiver lol

Nothing more

Well actually as I said, I couldn't give a monkeys about this particular functionality, but am finding it increasingly intriguing that this is an upshot of pablo11's visit to China and that there might be more to come further down the line, hopefully an android 6 device with a massive battery, I'd pay decent money for that, (so long as it had a camera as well).

The people who make firmware solutions for watches like the KW88, 99, 98 and LES1 and Zeblaze Thor and others decided to invest in obtaining this feature and offered it to their Customers. So far only KingWear and Microtech have asked for it. It is an extra cost and some companies don't see the point in having it. Early buyers of the H2 will not have the firmware - as Mr Ticks will tell you. However - I can assure that ones coming out now will have it - just like the AllCall W1 has it now. It is not an app on it's own - it is an entirely new bluetooth stack and also a couple of apps. So you can't just install it on any watch. As soon as I have permission to release the firmware publicly - I will.
Maybe its just me, but, I don't understand your role in releasing this firmware, is it not going to be an official firmware of the relevant companies, e.g. microwear hosts its firmware links on site?

OUR - role is that we officially support them and we can release firmware if they give us permission to do so.

Currently I think they are still in discussion about whether to release this functionality or not.

I have asked Kate and she has still not confirmed it - so it has not been released yet by us.

It is entirely up to you if you want get support for your watch here - or not.

All I can say in response to your question is that we are officially supporting the H2 watch and we are able to release firmware when itā€™s available.

Same goes for KingWear and Finow etc etc ā€¦

This arrangement is easier for these companies because it means that we can take the role of customer support (up to the point of hardware faults) for them.

Lastly - we only release official firmware. Please be aware though - it is a matter of choice - you are always able to go to the company website if you prefer.

Custom firmware is a totally different matter and has itā€™s own sections where relevant.

By the way - I realize that there is a need for clarity about which watches have this capability and which might get it and so onā€¦

I will make this clear on the first post very soon.

I am currently caught up with personal matters but I will give this priority.

Thanks

Pablo.

Nov 4, 2017 6:52:17 GMT 1 tranduc2812 said:
I have a smart watch GT08 has done this when connecting bluetooth to the phone long ago , just no wifi , 3g ,gps with 3 clocks only

GT08 is not Android based. It's using custom OS and yes those watches had this before. But only those When people are looking for advice about watches that particular ability comes almost always at the very top of their questions list. For some it's vital for some it's not.
pablo11 AvatarNov 4, 2017 10:43:35 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
OUR - role is that we officially support them and we can release firmware if they give us permission to do so.

Currently I think they are still in discussion about whether to release this functionality or not.

I have asked Kate and she has still not confirmed it - so it has not been released yet by us.

All I can say in response to your question is that we are officially supporting the H2 watch and we are able to release firmware when itā€™s available.

This arrangement is easier for these companies because it means that we can take the role of customer support (up to the point of hardware faults) for them.

Lastly - we only release official firmware. Please be aware though - it is a matter of choice - you are always able to go to the company website if you prefer.

Custom firmware is a totally different matter and has itā€™s own sections where relevant.

Great, I'm beginning to see the light, and fully appreciate the benefits to the companies, and RASC members, of their being a more professional level of customer support.

But the other side of the coin is fronting RASC members to the companies, (maybe you already do this), and it seems to me the two biggest needs to take android smartwatches forward are:-

1. battery capacity, which I fully accept is probably beyond the companies gift given they are almost certainly only design/software houses, and
  2. android 6, given that android 5.0 et al has probably been the worst android release to date.

Would you be able to comment on whether these things have been discussed/under consideration, when you are able of course?

Nov 4, 2017 12:53:44 GMT 1 tedted said:
pablo11 AvatarNov 4, 2017 10:43:35 GMT 1 pablo11 said:

Great, I'm beginning to see the light, and fully appreciate the benefits to the companies, and RASC members, of their being a more professional level of customer support.

But the other side of the coin is fronting RASC members to the companies, (maybe you already do this), and it seems to me the two biggest needs to take android smartwatches forward are:-

1. battery capacity, which I fully accept is probably beyond the companies gift given they are almost certainly only design/software houses, and
  2. android 6, given that android 5.0 et al has probably been the worst android release to date.

Would you be able to comment on whether these things have been discussed/under consideration, when you are able of course?

Battery life is always a major and up most important factor in the watches.
We are always striving to make better use of the technology available. As well as firmware improvements. You will start to see bigger battery capacity in the near future. Obviously the constraints are size and performance. But battery technology is moving forward so watch this space.

As far as OS levels are concerned it is a tricky subject. The more we move up the ladder the more security and permissions become an issue. However, work is progressing in Android 7 R&D and so I expect that this will be the next OS version we will see in coming months.

Cheers

Pablo

Do you have plans to do something like this on Lemfo LES1?

Itā€™s up to Lemfo to have this for its line of smartwatches.

Nov 4, 2017 17:52:44 GMT 1 nameless said:
It's up to Lemfo to have this for its line of smartwatches.

I.e. not?

We donā€™t have any info in that regard and we donā€™t really have saying in this. Iā€™m sure Lemfo knows who to talk to about that feature. And I think if owners of Lemfo watches start bugging them about this it might give them some more incentive
I can promise that the minute Iā€™ll know about any firmware updates with this Iā€™ll let you all know. At this moment I can only repeat whatā€™s been already told: most probably KW smartwatches and Microwear H2 will get this; AllCall W1 already has this.