Promoting full android watches

@pablo11 , @Eric_Crochemore , @Dr_Andy_Vishnu and @G1NT0N1C

Are full android watches not worthy of critical acclaim? Search for the best smartwatches and what do you get?

Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic, Apple Watch Series 7, Fitbit Sense, Polar Grit X Pro, Oppo Watch.
Amazfit GTR 3 Pro, Fossil Gen 5. AND THIS IS ONLY ONE OF MANY SIMILAR SEARCHES, NOT ONE OF WHICH ACKNOWLEDGES THE COMPETITIVENESS OF FULL ANDROID WATCHES!

My point: I believe the forum leaders in conjunction with Mr. Smartwatch Ticks and other influentials (e.g., Kospet, Lemfo,etc) could work together on a publicity campaign to correct this imbalance. The benefits of which would be to strengthen sales, thereby further the ability to develop cutting-edge features that would acheive the recognition these watches deserve.

It’s time to think big!

3 Likes

That is a very valid comment DD and I agree!

I can’t wait to see what the esteemed leaders of the Forum think and what they will do if anything

1 Like

I was going to get a:

TicWatch3ProUltraGPS

On Prime day, usually drop the price $100, to $200 Although plastic body it has military specs. Real glass not plastic with a glass protector on it. You can make more advanced watch faces.

But then, I heard Apples new iWatch 8 may have glucose monitor. I waited for Samsung for a year and that never happened on their watch 4.

1 Like

Just an FYI - no watch that I know has been certified to give “correct” medical information.
They gives a general idea only, using software assisted basic sensors.

Due to the legal implications of potentially giving incorrect data to the customer - even Apple and Garmin etc, make a disclaimer that the readings are indicative only.

3 Likes

Oh man…oh wise and venerated Leader( :woozy_face: :crazy_face:) that disclaimer is a relief! My kospet said that it couldn’t detect a pulse a week ago and I’ve been hiding it under a rock in the garden in case the Missus found it and had me fitted for a pine box! :rofl: Cheers, “Of course I have a pulse Lil Darlin, it’s just that I don’t like to move much”! :woozy_face: :crazy_face: :rofl:, Doons

1 Like

I understand about medical/sport information not being spot on with any of these smartwatches. This is why I go to the doctor every 3 months for an A1C blood test. I was testing 3 times a day, which is expensive. I would be interested to see how accurate it would come close to my glucose monitor.

On the other hand. I’d like to have a smartwatch with better build quality from a company that doesn’t lie about the specifications to sell watches. A watch I could wear for 3 days between charging, get wet, drop without damaging, and wear on the job.

I have had the KW88, Thor 4, LemX, Kospet Hope, Prime and Optimus 2. I have never used video conferencing or heard of anyone using it, or the vast amount of memory in the newer watches. Never made a call from any of the listed watches.

I guess the biggest problem I have is seeing options come like better water proofing, imperial measurements, living wallpapers come and in the next watch the options are gone. Other things like day light savings time have never been addressed. No documentation on array types.

I do have the first Ticwatch, and yes it had problems but Mobvoi seems to keep improving on each watch model.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed having these watches when I was sick and bed ridden and had the time to look for things like array types and experiment with them. It is a great hobby. I still may get another Android watch who knows.