Problems flashing newest firmware to kw88

Hi all,
because I have problems with connect my new watches kw88 via bluetooth to phone, I decided to update my current firmware 20170328 to KW88_CS1_B_GSM_PHT_20170518(SDK). Because this firmware is not available OTA, I find the other way. Here are steps, I have made:

1. Did the factory reset of the watch
  2. Downloaded and unpacked firmware from this server KW88_CS1_B_GSM_PHT_20170518(SDK)
  3. Downloaded and install VCOM drivers for windows 10 (Windows+10_MTK+VCOM+USB+Preloader+Drivers.zip)
  4. Didn’t restart after drivers install (due to forced no need driver signature)
  5. Downloaded Smart Phone Flashing tool SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1636_Win.zip  (this version was recomended in several instructions I found)
  6. Run the SP Tools as administrator
  7. Connected turned off the watches to computer via supplied cable (but I couldn’t see any sign that it was connected - with exception, that watches started recharge)
  8. Found the scatter.txt file in the unpacked firmware (MT6580_Android_scatter.txt)
  9. Unchecked preloader in the SP Tools table.
  10. Pressed Download in the SP Tools
  11. Nothing happens.
    In the point 11 it should upload the firmware to the watches, but I waited more than 10 minutes and nothing happend (although the SP Tools looks like it is something doing)

Please, can you help me? I’m really didn’t found the reason, why it do not work.

You first click download THEN connect the watch.
And since this is Windows I’d restart it after installing drivers … it’s still not mature enough system :wink::wink::wink::wink:

I tried it again (without installing drivers) but it still do not work. I suspect, that there is something wrong with the drivers. Is there a possibility to see, if they work properly (something when I connect mobile via cable the computer make a sound and I can see it in device manager)?

Solved
Everything was correct (maybe with exception of order of connecting watch - I used the recomended order :slight_smile: ). But problem was in my USB port on my laptop. Now I successfully flashed the latest firmware and I’m just testing it.

Jun 14, 2017 11:05:22 GMT 1 lada said:
Solved Everything was correct (maybe with exception of order of connecting watch - I used the recomended order :-) ). But problem was in my USB port on my laptop. Now I successfully flashed the latest firmware and I'm just testing it.

When you test it can you please tell us if the bluetooth is working now? Does it send notification of voice calls when connected to android 7.0? Thanks

I installed on my mobile wiiwatch and notification works. Also I bought new mobile phone with android 7.1.1 and it works.

I managed to flash it in but is your bluetooth unstable? Cuz mine it always disconnects and reconnects a period of time. I noticed connecting the watch with Wiiwatch the bluetooth icon is green ticked in the same screen as the sim icon screen