Problem solved with D5 firmware

Hi, 

Looks like the big problem with the D5 firmware 160915 is solved : N°1 has relased a new one .

If anyone can test…

+Jorge Mundt 
Quote:

I installed last ota 3 days ago, before reading your warnings

I downloaded 55 faces to my d5 in different sessions. No problems until now.

About batery drain. After ota installation I made no reboot. After overnight charging, 6 hours with communications off, I had 40% remaining. More or les your numbers.

I put the D5 charging to 100% on power off 2 days ago. Now I’m on 54%, 48 hours later 
plus.google.com/+AndrewDavis-the-omnipotent/posts/Kg75JzvsTgM

Will you update yours?

Everyone seems to be frightened.

He didn’t update to the newest firmware yet,so? anyone?

Yep - I have tested it and it seems ok.
But -

URGENT WARNING !! - DO NOT use the add watch face option at the end of the installed watch face chain which is an + symbol.
The server used to host the faces available through this option is hosted in China and has terrible trouble delivering the face to the watch.
This quite often ends up with a half installed watch face which then corrupts the launcher database.
It ends with the watch failing to boot correctly to the launcher and the only solution is to flash the watch with original firmware (a scary process for some ! )

In this version it does not work me is GPS. GPS Status indicates that sees 11 satellites but does not fix any.
I only fixes the position if I’m home with the connected wifi.
With Imperium Rom which is what I had before work perfectly.
Something must be configured to work?

any improvement about phone bug and connections issue ??

help !! please, i tried the ota firmware and… it’s still the bad one… my watch is now with a black screen…

I tried to flash with the flashtool but the download doesn’t start when i press the download button !
Anyone can help me ?

Follow the flashing guides and report back.

Sept 30, 2016 0:21:46 GMT 1 cvsa said:
help !! please, i tried the ota firmware and... it's still the bad one... my watch is now with a black screen....

I tried to flash with the flashtool but the download doesn’t start when i press the download button !
Anyone can help me ?

This is not the firmware issue,but the failure of OTA Update.
Just Loki said,follow the guides do a wired flash.

I have a problem with synchronization on google account on firmware 20160918 . It synchronized only once. Do you have the same?

Sept 30, 2016 3:37:05 GMT 1 smith said:
Sept 30, 2016 0:21:46 GMT 1 cvsa said:
help !! please, i tried the ota firmware and... it's still the bad one... my watch is now with a black screen....

Anyone can help me ?

This is not the firmware issue,but the failure of OTA Update.
Just Loki said,follow the guides do a wired flash.

Great , At first flash didn’t work (download was not starting) but i reboot the computer and turned my watch off before connecting it and … it worked !!!

thanks again

a new firmware has been realeased drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Ay_s354RncZjFnR3pwT3NROGM/view

you can also make the update via OTA.

No problem noticed till now 

Thanks.

Oct 11, 2016 18:08:33 GMT 1 cvsa said:
a new firmware has been realeased drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Ay_s354RncZjFnR3pwT3NROGM/view

you can also make the update via OTA.

No problem noticed till now 

Can anyone tell what the changes/improvements in this version.

sorry i didn’t notice any… and N°1 didn’t edit any changelog…

Sept 26, 2016 11:51:42 GMT 1 periquin07 said:
In this version it does not work me is GPS. GPS Status indicates that sees 11 satellites but does not fix any. I only fixes the position if I'm home with the connected wifi. With Imperium Rom which is what I had before work perfectly. Something must be configured to work?

I have a similar problem, did you finally solve yours?

In my case the clock is new and I have not managed to make the GPS work properly.

With the last update to improved the operation of the GPS, but it is not so fast fixing satellites as it was with the Imperium.
I usually have to take my watch off my wrist and use GPS Fix to set up satellites.