Prime SE issues

I just got a prime se and did pair with my phone via bluetooth using wiiwatch as well as watch droid. Actually my main aim is to use sim card and power the watch as a standalone phone. So far below are some issues which I encounter and hopefully can get some answers here:

1. Tried wii watch and did received notification from phone whatsapp, sms, phonecall etc. However I cannot receive any notification from the sim card which is inside the watch itself such as whatsapp(messages or calls or video calls), sms and calls. I mean I installed whatsapp in the watch itself linked to link to the sim card that’s inside the watch, but can’t receive any notification unless i open up the whatsapp application.

2. Tried watch droid to pair with phone. Only receive notification when my watch is inside the watch droid application, when i exit the app or when the watch screen is off it doesn’t work. Some actions of the watch droid requires the paid version thou but so far still puzzled why when the watch screen is off the notification doesn’t comes up.

3. Still trying to figure out a constant heart rate monitoring to display on the watch face. Heart on top seems like it needs to get the paid version to work and not sure how to get it to constant display on watch face.

4. Watch face is round but can switch to “square” mode however some buttons near to the edge will face difficulties pressing them.

First of all, wiiwatch must be completely uninstalled for watchdroid to work properly. Furthermore, please make sure that watchdroid is excluded from energy saving on your mobile phone as well as on the watch. This solves problems 1 and 2 …:wink:

1 Like

Will try your method of uninstalling wii watch then install watch droid but I think it still doesn’t solve the issue of the notification from the whatsapp installed in the watch itself when running with sim card.

Besides that, is there a way to use whatsapp with the same number on both my phone and the watch. Reason being I will want to continue receiving messages/calls on my watch when my phone is not anywhere near. When I tried to activate whatsapp on my watch with the same handphone number as my phone, it automatically disable the whatsapp on my phone.

Ah ok I did not understand that we were talking on whatsapp on the watch.
Whatsapp on the watch works without any problems. But you have to make sure that it is exempt from energy saving.
Furthermore, the normal mode must be set in the quicksettings in order to receive notifications from whatsapp.

With a sim card in both watch and phone - only one can have Whatsapp installed.
The other device needs to receive notifications.
Whatsapp only allows one “active SIM card account”- if that makes sense…
Otherwise it automatically disables one of the Whatsapp apps.

… but of course it is possible to use 2 different accounts on the watch and on the mobile phone.
There is also an app called tablet messager. This enables you to read and answer whatsapp from your mobile phone on your watch. It uses whatsapp web for this.
Unfortunately, this app recently had a problem with the active notifications on the watch. I’m not sure if this will work again now.

1 Like

I’ve discovered other issues on Kospet Prime SE and try to solve with Kospet for nearly 10 days but no luck.
1) Heart rate monitoring does not work on brown or tan skin but work on white skin.
2) I installed Line app (Free calls & Messages) on my Prime SE, I can do text chat and voice call with my friends but unfortunately the Kospet Prime SE does no ring when my friend call me via Line app especially when Prime SE is in sleep mode.

After update firmware from v1.5B to v1.6B as advised by Kospet, there is still no luck on both issues.

Your advice on these issues is appreciated.

Thanks

Hi . The heart rate monitor i cannot help you with . However all apps you want to work in sleep mode need to be turned off under battery and data saver . They will then work silently in the background . Thanks

Here is a example

Have you checked the firmware thread?
It has a firmware update that is supposed to help with the heart rate issue with darker skin.
What version do have at the moment on the watch?

1 Like

Thanks for your advice,
Now It works, here are my setting :
battery saver is turn off,
background cleaner is turn off
unrestricted data is turn on for Line app,
standby intelligent power is turn off
battery optimization in Line app is set to not optimized,

1 Like

Thanks for your advice.
I will check the firmware thread again.
I’ve just online updated firmware from v. 1.5B to 1.6B yesterday