Prime 2 std Fitness app

Made this thread to track problems with the standard Fitness app.

1. There is still some Chinese text needing translation

2. There is a more serious problem with the history track, which shows the track of an exercise on a map. I went for a walk yesterday, and watched the history track of that one, it was ok. Then a new walk today, but when watching the history track of today, it had both the track of yesterday and today on the map! Then I went into yesterday’s history and deleted the track, and back to today’s track - but now all was gone! So conclusion seems to be that the history tracks are saved combined in one file, instead of one pr exercise!

@pablo11 please report these bugs to the firmware team.

It’s not a bug.
You have to delete the one that is finished with. Before you start a new one
It’s always been this way.

1 Like

Let’s say, it’s not how other fitness apps work :smirk:
So works as defined I guess, but not very practical or even logical.

1 Like

By the way, the Chinese text issue is also known.
It happens mostly when a customer is not using English language as default.
They are working on porting the language files.
Sorry but I did say that stuff is still being worked on

2 Likes

Yeah, true.
I guess it’s because it is another fitness app. It’s this one.

I am going to talk to the running app team about integration possibilities.
Problem is that the MyRunning is a paid application (I think)
So swapping source code may not be easy.
What I am really hoping to get is full integration with Google Fitness

2 Likes

Running app is free, but with advertisement. I just subscribed yesterday, and unfortunately it’s a yearly subscription :frowning: I’d much rather buy it once :ok_hand: The subscription only removed advertisement, no extra features.

I’m going to use My Running app, so this thread is mostly to make the watch look a nice finished product, so those features found in it looks good and gives a good experience, even if basic. Then it’s up to personal taste/requirement to add other apps for a different experience.

@Dotsfar
Just so you know, I think we might know where the problems are.
We will be trying to work together to solve them.

We have had the pleasure of working with the app developers here for quite some time.
Our mutual interests are very similar, like Watch Droid as well.
All this knowledge under one roof.

So please bare with us because we all have other commitments like, work, family and time out.

We are going to ask the solution provider to agree with our cooperation.
It takes time but I feel pretty positive about it - I think they will be up for it :+1:

It also depends on @MyRunningApp_Staff and how they would feel about sharing their source.
Many devs do not like to risk anything with their sources which is perfectly understandable.

However, if we do decide to do this, there will only be 2 or 3 of us who will work on it. So materials would be protected in the group.

Anyway, let’s see what happens.

Cheers

3 Likes