Prime 2 gps problems

I ask for help, in using the fitness stock application I noticed that the measurement of the distance covered gets very high. every 10 steps marks me 100 meters and I am not a giant. it often makes me travel 1 km when I have only done 200 meters at the most. has anyone had the same problem or can you help me?

All GPS devices needs time for settling, until that, they show big deviations, because they do not yet have a proper GPS fix, and haven’t been able to calculate precisely where you are.
So a good idea is to switch on an app using GPS some minutes before you need it, and watch it stabilize, by showing the precision getting better and better. And then you can start the activity, where you need the GPS to be precise. Also, GPS doesn’t work good inside a house or under much tree cover and can even have problems between very high close houses, as they need a clear path to a big part of the sky, so you need to be outdoor when priming the reception/precision. It will also help, if you have an active data connection while the GPS is priming, because it will then be able to download data about the satellites position on the sky, greatly helping it to calculate your position.
I am telling you this, without knowing if you have experience with other GPS devices, so I excuse if you already know all this.

Another question is whether you have enabled the GPS, as you have to do this actively in the fitness app, otherwise the watch will have to guess your position.

1 Like

Are you sure it’s not using the steps to estimate the distance ? You have to enter your size, gender in settings for this distance to be estimated.

thanks for the advice, in the end by installing the faw firmware both on the prime 2 and on the lem 14 both gps now seem to work very well, maybe it was a firmware problem for both

1 Like