Piaget Altiplano Tribute

Ok G1N, So I won’t get to use this one (No UL) but I can still admire the work that went into it! :+1: :+1: It’s a great looking face…but the idea of using the Spring tension as a battery indicator… It is so subtle…using a working part of the watch as the indicator, rather than something separate from the mechanism…is pure imaginative genius! :+1: Now you and the good @Dr_Andy_Vishnu would know that I hate praising the Mods for anything (Except for @Eric_Crochemore …he is a nice guy! :woozy_face: :crazy_face:) But when you guys turn out faces like this…wow! Cheers, “You called G1N a “Genius”? Oh God! We’ll never hear the end of it now”!! :crazy_face: :rofl:, Doons

1 Like

Many Thanks. In fact, I already did most of the work 2 years ago. together it was more than 60 hours of work. Maybe I can also do an SL version, I’ll take a look at it again.

2 Likes

Hi G1N…say don’t go messing with a SL version just for me mate (Lets face it, I gotta be the last member of the Forum who still uses SL, right? …Well maybe @Dr_Andy_Vishnu too! :crazy_face:) I’ve downloaded the face…who knows? I might be dragged…kicking & screaming :woozy_face:… into the “My watch uses UL” brigade one day! :rofl:) But truly G1N…using that spring tension as a power indicator is I think the most imaginative idea I have ever seen on the forum. Cheers, “You still use SL Doons? Man I thought that was against the law” :woozy_face: :rofl:, Doons

For God’s sake- no, Doons. If I should do it, I won’t do it for you. To be honest, you’re way below my houseplant on my priority list. :wink: And it’s almost dried up, which is amazing considering it’s a cactus… :cactus: If I do it, I will do it solely for myself. On the one hand because I want to prevent you from wondering for the rest of your life how you can ever pay this debt - and on the other hand because I am a self-confessed egoist and love myself the most of all people on earth. At least that’s what my boss told me last week when I refused to work more than 60 hours a week. :dizzy_face:

3 Likes

You put in a lot of work, it has a tailor-made result :clap: :+1:. Exceptional! Do you have any other hidden jewelry? The idea of power using a spring is super cool. Congratulations, added to the collection and to one of the watches.

3 Likes

:woozy_face: :rofl: Well G1N…I’ve been compared to a lotta things in my day…Sean Connery…Paul Newman…Tony Curtis, etc…to mention but a few :crazy_face: …but running second to a dying cactus house plant is a first! :woozy_face: :crazy_face: But I’ve said it before (Often to @Dr_Andy_Vishnu!) …and by golly I’ll say it again…as a Moderator G1N might be a dead loss (Total agreement from @Eric_Crochemore here I might add! :woozy_face: :rofl:) and a “self-confessed egoist and love myself the most of all people on earth” (Hell no false modesty there Fellow Forum, members!) But at least he tells it like it is! :rofl: Ok G1N, I’ll suffer in silence (Yeah right! :woozy_face: :rofl:) about owing you a debt that can never be repaid! Cheers, “Doons, are you really gonna shut up?! Oh get real”!! :rofl:, Doons

1 Like

Thank you @vladimir_lutzu . In fact, I’m not hiding anything, I post all the finished work here. Ok, some difficult projects are still waiting for problem solving before I can publish it. In fact, I already posted this idea with the spring as a battery indicator 2 years ago.

1 Like

Ok, I have made some tests. I’m quite sure that I will be able to create a full functional stocklauncher version of this face. For stocklauncher 7.1 and higher. :blush:
I’ve already done the most of the work. I’ll need some more time…

2 Likes

Oh Boy! I’ll bet your Cactus is jealous that you are doing something for someone else (Oh why pretend Kiddies, he is doing it for the ole Doons! :crazy_face:) rather than sitting and staring intently at it…and waiting for it to die! :woozy_face: :rofl:, Cheers, “So G1N, what will you do when your Cactus is dead”? “Oh there are plenty of Flies to pull the wings off”! :woozy_face: :rofl:, Doons

felt like nobody noticed this:

-Martian Notifier Smartwatch

You might have a look at it. It is a running text that changes.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yada, Yada, Yada…UL this & UL that! Boy! Just because I said I am thinking of downloading UL, all of a sudden G1N parades an endless…er…parade…of UL faces!! :crazy_face: Alright already! So the Martian Notifier is a great, innovative face! :+1: :+1: But I am willing to be that the only text that comes across the screen is " I am a self-confessed egoist and love myself the most of all people on earth…signed G1N’! :rofl: Ok G1N, so I downloaded this one too…for the day I go “Techno crazy” Cheers, “I’ll bet @Eric_Crochemore is paying G1N to post UL faces to make sure Doons downloads UL”! :rofl:, Doons

1 Like

Yes, I knew about it :ok_hand:, as @Doonsbury said, an innovative concept :+1: :+1: :wink:

1 Like

Ok, I have spend some hours to realize that I’m not able to make it fully work on stocklaucher. I’m sorry. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

It’s a plot! I tell Ya fellow Forum members…it’s a plot to get Doons to use UL!!! :crazy_face: :rofl:
Say G1N…not too worry mate! I appreciate you at least trying to make it work for SL…and yes, I will be using UL in the near future…so I’ll still get to see that fantastic face! :+1: :+1: Cheers, Doons

1 Like

I’ll try to make a “.watch” version that allows for a dim mode.
@Doonsbury :However, UL will be necessary…:grin:

2 Likes

Ok, I just finished the “.watch” version. I just have to add a dim mode. I’ll try to publish it tomorow.

3 Likes

A well known member, who wishes to remain anonymous (Rest assured @Dr_Andy_Vishnu , I shall respect your desire for anonymity! Opppsssss :woozy_face: :crazy_face:) asked me to post this for him. It purports to show @G1NT0N1C busily working on a watch face while two Forum members…tentatively identified as @pablo11 & the lovable ole Doons await the outcome of G1N’s labors! Cheers, “I wonder why the good Dr wouldn’t post this himself”? :rofl:, Doons

4 Likes

Thats funny :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Glad you liked it Andy! :+1: :+1: It hangs on the wall of my Watchmaker and I thought, this belongs on the Forum…the guys will get a laugh out of it! So I took a snap of it with my phone and got written permission from my Watchmaker to use it ( :woozy_face: :crazy_face:) and “Thar She Be”! Cheers, “He’s had your watch HOW long”?!, :rofl: Doons

2 Likes

I just added a “.watch” version with nightmode. Enjoy. :grin:

3 Likes