PC does not detect

Hi all,
My W1 has been working fine, until today. When connected with the charging cable to PC, its screen shows “USB Connected” and it charges normally - but it is not detected by my PC (Windows 8). In Windows on PC, nothing shows at all. Has anybody seen this? Is there any other way to transfer files (my new watch faces) to the via via Bluetooth?
Thanks if you can help!

"Friendly Tip if your watch won’t connect to your computer.

For some reason my W1 wont show up on my (or any) computer. I’ve been through tech support, drivers, etc but nothing worked.

I discovered a program called “WiFi File Transfer” and it allows you to connect via ftp to the watch using wifi. There are multiple versions on the appstore but one has the button to start the program too low on the screen and wont show up on your round watch.The version by androider is the one that works."

Mar 13, 2018 18:59:20 GMT 1 esteve said:

"Friendly Tip if your watch won’t connect to your computer.

For some reason my W1 wont show up on my (or any) computer. I’ve been through tech support, drivers, etc but nothing worked.

I discovered a program called “WiFi File Transfer” and it allows you to connect via ftp to the watch using wifi. There are multiple versions on the appstore but one has the button to start the program too low on the screen and wont show up on your round watch.The version by androider is the one that works."

Hey, thanks a lot!!! That was exactly what I wanted. To be honest, I am very disappointed with this watch. From day 1 the plastic power botton (top botton) fell out (have to use blunt pin to poke in hole for long press menu, turn on/off, etc), the heart rate sensor never works; only reboots the watch, the server watch faces only go down about 30 (to a wooden face), the version update never updates, and of course the battery is almost useless with all features turned on, BUT the display is very nice, and the home-made Watchface Designer program here is fantastic for making many many beautiful watch faces (plus all the great ones on the G+ page). Basically now I just wear the watch only to see the time through the various watch faces… but if it wasn’t going to connect to PC, I wouldn’t even have that. So anyway, thanks for the good advice!

deleted!

esteve

You can’t link G+ communities here - especially ones that ask for money by default.

Accepting donations is one thing but not giving faces unless donations are made is something we cannot support.

We give the most up to date firmware and features like BT dialling long before anyone else because of our very close relationship with the companies that make these watches - and all for free.

So please accept this warning - if it happens again we will have no choice but to ban you.

Cheers
soniasophie9697!

pablo11
zsolt m
ricktop

Mar 13, 2018 8:13:04 GMT 1 davidb said:
Hi all,
My W1 has been working fine, until today. When connected with the charging cable to PC, its screen shows “USB Connected” and it charges normally - but it is not detected by my PC (Windows 8). In Windows on PC, nothing shows at all. Has anybody seen this? Is there any other way to transfer files (my new watch faces) to the via via Bluetooth?
Thanks if you can help!

The real problem is the Windows MTP driver which is installed by default.

If you change the driver to another MTP driver included in windows - it usually starts to work again.

Basically connect the watch - go to device manager and find the watch in the list - then right click and update driver from a list of available drivers and select a different one to the one currently in use.

However if all else fails Astro explorer and FX explorer and many others have a Bluetooth explorer built in and are available from the Play store.

pablo11  reply:
Thanks. I did try the device manager to forcibly detect and install the watch, but could not find it. I’ll try again. But I only need to get to the watch when I transfer some new watch faces to it; I don’t use it for anything else.
esteve  reply:
Not sure if this posting was addressed to me, but I did not link any G+ sites… but I will take heed to your warning none the less.

Mar 15, 2018 5:49:46 GMT 1 davidb said:pablo11  reply:
Thanks. I did try the device manager to forcibly detect and install the watch, but could not find it. I’ll try again. But I only need to get to the watch when I transfer some new watch faces to it; I don’t use it for anything else.
esteve  reply:
Not sure if this posting was addressed to me, but I did not link any G+ sites… but I will take heed to your warning none the less.

That warning was not for you
Cheers
Pablo 11

pablo11
Hi, thanks for that tip. You were right, because today my mobile phone did the same thing (would not connect to PC, so I installed that wifi app to it too). I found it (watch and phone) in device manager, updated driver to a different file, and both connected straight away. Thanks again!

Sorry about that.