Over 24 hours battery life

Hey all,

Just a quick update on my Thor Pro. I fully charged it yesterday and strapped it to my wrist at around 7:30am. I’m currently using it for notifications/texts, paired to my ZTE Axon 7. Running stock v1.5 firmware and the latest version of UL.

I’m happy to report that over 24 hours later, my watch is still up and running with 41% battery left! Really impressed with this. Tomorrow I’m going to see how long it lasts as a standalone phone.

It’s now 3:05pm. Almost home time. Had a couple of texts come in. Battery still at 31%. Highly doubt I’ll get this performance once the SIM is in, but we’ll see.

Oct 16, 2018 21:11:09 GMT 1 sully008 said:
It's now 3:05pm. Almost home time. Had a couple of texts come in. Battery still at 31%. Highly doubt I'll get this performance once the SIM is in, but we'll see.

when sim inside the watch go to google gesture locate data usage and stop any app that uses data connection over 3g which you do'nt need to run the whole day like google services, apps...that helps alot.

Oct 17, 2018 1:48:42 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

when sim inside the watch go to google gesture locate data usage and stop any app that uses data connection over 3g which you do’nt need to run the whole day like google services, apps…that helps alot.

Thanks for the tip, Sophie. I’ll download that app and play around with it. But first I’m going to use the watch like I would normally use my phone and see how long it lasts.It’s now almost 8pm and I still have 21% left. I’ll let it run down to 5% and plug it in for the night.

_

[/quote]

sully008

so now you are using only bt? or also wifi and gps?

Hi the watchface is very nice where we can find it?

Oct 20, 2018 10:31:15 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:sully008

so now you are using only bt? or also wifi and gps?

Hi Sonia,

The day I had the SIM in the watch I used it as I normally would use my Axon 7. So GPS, 3g were on when I went to work. Wifi was on when I got home.

Needless to say battery life wasn’t nearly as good as using it for BT only. I think I managed to get about 12-13 hours out of it. 3g really eats the battery (I was using Waze to/from work). If I didn’t use Waze I probably could’ve gotten a few more hours out of it.

Oct 20, 2018 19:08:11 GMT 1 soniccm said:
Hi the watchface is very nice where we can find it?

I can’t remember where I got this one from, but I can email you the zip file if you pm me and address.

I realy confuse with my Thor pro.

I have charged from 15% to 100% about 3 hours (normally)

Then I use until 0% (i forgot to not until 0%). I’ve charged over 3 hours and the battery is stag at 83%. Then I turn on the watch and waited until 4 hours and it’s still 83%. Ok I give up and plug off the charge.

Then I used until 31% and I’ve charged that little guy. I’ve wait for half an hour. It’s still 31%.
OMG…I really confused. Then I plug off and on again the cable. Still not increased. Then I turn it off the watch. I charged again about 15 minutes. Still not increased. I plug it off the cable and plug on again…the percentage imediately increase to 43% and until 85% is still charged. I waited again until 15 mnt, still 85%. Than I turn on the watch and charged again. But it’s auto turn off the watch and charged itself. OMG…Now is 100%.

Please help me how it happened and what should I do with this my new friend.
Thanks

Nov 14, 2018 8:20:39 GMT 1 suryo7 said:

1. reset the watch.
  1. make sure the connectors on the watch are crystal clear.

2. make sure the cable are good.

3. do a sycle of charges from 0% to 100%.

if you still having issues might be a problem with battery.

**i had issues with charging after the last update i’ve done could be the same.

Then I use until 0% (i forgot to not until 0%). I’ve charged over 3 hours and the battery is stag at 83%. Then I turn on the watch and waited until 4 hours and it’s still 83%. Ok I give up and plug off the charge.

Then I used until 31% and I’ve charged that little guy. I’ve wait for half an hour. It’s still 31%.
OMG…I really confused. Then I plug off and on again the cable. Still not increased. Then I turn it off the watch. I charged again about 15 minutes. Still not increased. I plug it off the cable and plug on again…the percentage imediately increase to 43% and until 85% is still charged. I waited again until 15 mnt, still 85%. Than I turn on the watch and charged again. But it’s auto turn off the watch and charged itself. OMG…Now is 100%.

Thanks

I think it would help troubleshoot if you would use an inline voltmeter while charging. It would allow you to see if the watch is actually charging. Then you can compare the actual voltage and current being supplied to the watch to a known good reading  (Ave voltage 4.75V current .2A or 200Mah). These averages are about the same for all my Android watches. For example if your dock or cable is malfunctioning no current or less current would flow in the circuit. It would give you the same indication as if it had a poor connection or was not connected. I find it is a big help to know what it is doing whenever you charge the watch and become aware early if you are experiencing a malfunction. 

Thanks

If you have root, delete the battery calibration file in /system (batterystats.bin / dailystats etc)

[/quote]I think it would help troubleshoot if you would use an inline voltmeter while charging. It would allow you to see if the watch is actually charging. Then you can compare the actual voltage and current being supplied to the watch to a known good reading  (Ave voltage 4.75V current .2A or 200Mah). These averages are about the same for all my Android watches. For example if your dock or cable is malfunctioning no current or less current would flow in the circuit. It would give you the same indication as if it had a poor connection or was not connected. I find it is a big help to know what it is doing whenever you charge the watch and become aware early if you are experiencing a malfunction. [/quote]

It means that i should have the inline voltmeter to do that. Ok thanks for your information.

Nov 14, 2018 13:47:46 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

1. reset the watch.

1. make sure the connectors on the watch are crystal clear.

2. make sure the cable are good.

3. do a sycle of charges from 0% to 100%.

if you still having issues might be a problem with battery.

**i had issues with charging after the last update i’ve done could be the same.

Ok Sonia, I’ll do that when my watch reach 0%. Thanks yo

Nov 15, 2018 5:27:31 GMT 1 seb84 said:
No...I have no root. Not yet