ordered a new watch ferace 3 Android 6.0, qualcomm chipset

This is a wear platform that does not belong here - correct me if I am wrong?

From the website

FERACE uses the Qualcomm Wear 2100 chip that offers a complete experience, as well as the first 4G smart sports watch that can support all networks. FERACE has an independent SIM card slot that allows users to make and receive independent calls and supports more applications like offline payment. This sports watch is not limited to being simply a measuring device. This smart watch is a smart tool that can be used like a mobile phone and supports a wide range of applications.

Jun 3, 2018 4:36:44 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
This is a wear platform that does not belong here - correct me if I am wrong?

From the website

FERACE uses the Qualcomm Wear 2100 chip that offers a complete experience, as well as the first 4G smart sports watch that can support all networks. FERACE has an independent SIM card slot that allows users to make and receive independent calls and supports more applications like offline payment. This sports watch is not limited to being simply a measuring device. This smart watch is a smart tool that can be used like a mobile phone and supports a wide range of applications.

So I\m correcting you.

It uses full android. As far as I saw the system files, they use some apps actually designed for wear, but the system is full andoird (let me know if you want a fw. etc.)

The chip is Qualcomm 2100, also thats right, still the operating system is full android (6.0.1)

Seb84
Can you give us the specifications of the watch, it looks like little bulky, it’s all plastic the body what about the ring bezel, it’s edge to edge full screen, you said it’s a little bit bigger than the regular android smart watches, yeah I believe so is full android OS they don’t have the license for Wear OS.
I suppose this chipset it’s like 20% more expensive than the MTK.
Seb84 what about a video review please thanks
what about the stock launcher and Eric’s launcher 

Jun 15, 2018 13:12:14 GMT 1 leafar said:
Seb84 Can you give us the specifications of the watch, it looks like little bulky, it’s all plastic the body what about the ring bezel, it’s edge to edge full screen, you said it’s a little bit bigger than the regular android smart watches, yeah I believe so is full android OS they don’t have the license for Wear OS. I suppose this chipset it’s like 20% more expensive than the MTK. Seb84 what about a video review please thanks what about the stock launcher and Eric’s launcher 

Ok.

The watch is based on the 8909W chipset by qualcomm. Videos are not my thing, but will post pictures again.

no edge to edge screen, has a bezel (about 6mm bezel). The watch is 2" wide, Screen is 1.39" and quite bulky ~16mm high.

Uses 26mm Straps, that can be exchanged (I’ve done that already).

4GB internal with 512MB Ram. Big advantage is, that it is waterproofed (and yes it works, i’ve tried on a few occasions). Case is made from some compound, bezel etc. too (just say PLASTIC all over).

For the price it look a little cheap, but the overall quality is very good.

Problem for me is, that it wont work with Gapps nor, did i get root on it until now (need to make a TWRP what is still undone.

Standard launcher is good, but very limited. The software to use it with your phone is horrible, but now an english version is out. but still it is hard to register (needs wechat or chinese phone number) in the connect app and overall app offer is bad.

After flashing an older fw i lost my sim settings and it seems, that i cant connect to thai networks anymore (i see it has it seems a restriction, to use only chinese networks).

i give more details later. ask what you want

Thanks Seb84
I did try to order but to much hassle and I thought the same thing about the body material and look and about the software wise I doubt it .
It would be nice if someone or company use this chipset, but I think they are some restrictions and the price

leafar this chipset does’nt mean better preformence of battery usage or even software. as we can see it on Wear watches which has similar chipset. i myself never took the SGNote series that came out with this chipset company but only the ones from samsung itself.

Is definitely better than MTK , but software wise not I live in USA and we have the monopoly of Qualcomm chipset and carries,it’s no other way, it’s better because that chipset is updated latest OS android and maybe Bluetooth 5,0 I am not sure, that’s is the difference between those and what about google certification I don’t say that MTK chipset are bad, we can see from xioami stratos and tick watch, really good piece of hardware

Jun 19, 2018 13:10:16 GMT 1 leafar said:
Thanks Seb84 I did try to order but to much hassle and I thought the same thing about the body material and look and about the software wise I doubt it . It would be nice if someone or company use this chipset, but I think they are some restrictions and the price

chinese fw is really an issue for me… i tried to extract the system.img, but it is segmented and i didn’t managed it to get it together until now, it seems to use different compressions for some segments of the system.img… anybody here has experience with those things?

@sonia are there programmers on this forum working on such things?

seb84 we have great developers but no they do’nt.

pablo11

ricktop

nameless

Jun 21, 2018 19:38:57 GMT 1 seb84 said:
Jun 19, 2018 13:10:16 GMT 1 leafar said:
Thanks Seb84 I did try to order but to much hassle and I thought the same thing about the body material and look and about the software wise I doubt it . It would be nice if someone or company use this chipset, but I think they are some restrictions and the price

chinese fw is really an issue for me… i tried to extract the system.img, but it is segmented and i didn’t managed it to get it together until now, it seems to use different compressions for some segments of the system.img… anybody here has experience with those things?

you can try this
www.hovatek.com
don’t know nothing about it. I just follow his videos

Jun 22, 2018 2:12:39 GMT 1 leafar said:
Jun 21, 2018 19:38:57 GMT 1 seb84 said:

you can try this
www.hovatek.com
don’t know nothing about it. I just follow his videos

That is a good site and there are a couple of others too.
I also have difficulty with the non standard way that Android 7 has been deployed for these watches.
Various changes to SE Linux and other issues.
I have no problem extracting and modifying but there are problems with repacking.
A good example is if you try to use Magisk to modify the boot image on the new A7 watches.
Magisk patches it but after repacking it the boot image is useless.
I am waiting for a modified boot image from the firmware team.

Jun 22, 2018 2:12:39 GMT 1 leafar said:
you can try this www.hovatek.com don't know nothing about it. I just follow his videos

That is a good site and there are a couple of others too. I also have difficulty with the non standard way that Android 7 has been deployed for these watches. Various changes to SE Linux and other issues. I have no problem extracting and modifying but there are problems with repacking. A good example is if you try to use Magisk to modify the boot image on the new A7 watches. Magisk patches it but after repacking it the boot image is useless. I am waiting for a modified boot image from the firmware team.
If I upload the frimware, would you mind to have a look at it? I really like the watch