Optimus 2 Official support Thread - Updated 26/06/21

A post was merged into an existing topic: FAW release candidate 1 v1.3

I have a set of bluetooth headphones which can use the LDAC codec, what are the settings on the O2 which force the adoption of LDAC rather than SBC?

In Settings / About Watch you tap on the build version until developer options are enabled.
Then you go back to Settings / System and Developer Options are there.

Whole bunch of BT settings in there:

4 Likes

I had the same thing happen to me and got ahold of Kospet direct email, they had me send video of the problem, they messaged me back stating they would fix it no charge to myself, this was the second time I sent a watch back different models , but they were excellent. The only bad was it still cost me $30 to ship it, Guess that makes up for the cheaper shipping from them to me, lol

1 Like

Has anyone come across a minimalist music playing app that simply allows a user to browse folders and play from files, without having an over the top interface that is too cumbersome for the 02?

Also, is there a way of controlling the volume on the 02?

I use “LISNA” as my preferance for a small, simple music player.

Have a longer look at this post, if it helps.

3 Likes

You might find this app usefull

Make sure you allow this app to run in the background or it will close when screen sleeps

5 Likes

@shuei & @Dr_Andy_Vishnu the combination of LISNA and VIRTUAL VOLUME BUTTON works perfectly, you can even change the color tone of the Volume icons to match the theme of LISNA. Thanks for the recommendations!!

2 Likes

Glad it worked :+1:

2 Likes

Has anyone been able to install FDROID? I have a few apps which I’m keen to test on the O2 but the FDROID repository doesn’t seem to load in the FDROID app?

Can’t say I have ever used FDROID, sorry.
It would need background app permissions though.
I suspect that it is a permissions problem one way or the other.

1 Like

Hi there does KOSPET support sharing hotspot? which is can connect the devices to the watch for internet.

1 Like

Indeed - appears to the be the case.
No matter, I’ve managed to find a work-around for the apps I was wanting to receive notifications from using a nifty piece of software called BRIDGE:

It’s free for 7 days, if someone else is able to test it with me to see if we can get it functioning on the 02?

In a nutshell, you install it on both devices (phone, watch) and then set the watch as the “receiving only” device, and then any apps you select on the phone will send their notifications to the watch.

You can also have the notifications showing on a web-browser (ie. a PC at work).

It works very well on the O2, apart from the “reply” option in the notification area. When you tap/click that on a device (phone, web browser) a reply window pops but, but it seems to be disabled in the FAW O2. Is anyone able to test it so we can compare notes?

My advice would be to try watch droid.
It’s a similar app principle but more focused on watches.
You can reply to SMS and many other things.
The app developer has a support thread here on this forum.
It’s been tested on the O2 successfully.

2 Likes

Good info. thanks

Thanks - just tested Watch Droid but Bridge is a better implementation of notification sharing software.

Watch Droid is limited by Bluetooth connectivity, whereas Bridge will work provided there is an internet connection. There are limited reasons for carrying, say, the 02 and an Android phone around. The whole point of a FAW is to avoid the need to carry a phone? Bridge allows one to do that with relative ease, but the interface at the moment only allows one to ‘see’ a notification but not respond to it.

Test it out and see what you think, it is a very innovative piece of software - I think the ‘reply’ option is using code that is too advanced for the 02. But it might work on a newer piece of gear. It certainly works very well on the web-based viewer and any other android tablet or phone.

1 Like

Ah ok.
Thanks for the heads up about this.
However, if it’s not working on these watches, it’s going to be difficult to get into it :+1:

It’s 99% of the way there, and is awesome, you might be able to clear the final hurdle :wink:

If I have the time I will test it.
There was a similar app for tablets without Sim cards if I remember correctly :thinking:
Anyway, I will see what I can do :+1:

Just curious, for the FDROID issue - did you allow unrestricted data access in the advanced permissions settings?

Also, is it BRIDGE or FDROID that you want to be tested?

1 Like

Thanks @pablo11 you are a genius, those settings fixed FDROID - it works well.

FYI for anyone out there interested, FDROID is an app repository like the Google Play Store but offers and manages free, open source APK files. There’s a lot of great apps on it which are not available on the Google Play Store.

@pablo11 or @G1NT0N1C (or anyone else) if you are able to test Bridge and see if you can get the REPLY function working on SMS/WhatsApp etc notifications that would be great!

2 Likes