Optimus 2 Official support Thread - Updated 26/06/21

Just 2 MB in my Optimus :frowning:

exactly, you should install open camera from play store and enable camera2 api in settings and change to higher resolution and see if it is working like i did post earlier. … thank you

1 Like

Yes I made this but apparently this is the bigger video resolution

so im not the only one having this camera resolution bug with a maximum of 2 MP for shooting videos while the official website claims it to be 13 MP.

Now you would think the bug has reported by many users the bug would be fixed by a software update like big brands would do to fix known bugs and problems but with this watch you could forget about operating system aftersales support.

I was in shock too when this was told me on this forum.

Hi everyone,

I absolutely love my O2 but I did not want to install any new launcher on it because of possible battery drain. I was wondering if there would be any chance to hide apps (not uninstall) that are system apps like the “Breath” app. I do not use them at all but cannot get rid of them and scrolling to the apps I need is a hassle when I have more than 20 apps installed. This might be the reason to get root to remove these apps alltogether of at least freeze them with titanium. Also do you guys use any shortcut helpers cause any links on the watchfaces do not work for me and I would love to have custom shortcuts directly on the watchface itself.

many thanks in advance for all your help and this great community!

You might have a look at this:

-How to delete installed Apps on Android 10

The Apps are not deleted, a factory reset will bring them back.

5 Likes

Hi again All,

So my camera has now stopped working completely. This is the error message I see whenever I open the camera app or try to use the camera in WhatsApp:

The flashlight/torch function that uses the LED camera flash has also stopped working (I had double press of the back button mapped to turn on the flashlight - and it’s not just a problem with the button - using “Hey Google” then “turn on flashlight” also doesn’t work - Google responds as expected with “turning flashlight on”, but the flashlight doesn’t turn on).

Is there any known software fix for this, or is it almost certainly a hardware problem, and hence I will need to send it back to Kospet? (it’s still under warranty).

If I have installed the FAW firmware build number FAW-OPTIMUS2-V1.3-RC, will they tell me my warranty is void though?

Thanks,
Benson

Have you tried a factory reset already?

1 Like

No, but the same thing happened to my Prime 2 and a factory reset didn’t help anything (and just created a whole lot of hassle).

The only way I know of to launch apps from the watch face is to use a face with touch points. There are many here on this site for download. I use the wheel launcher to launch apps from a trigger on the watch face. I don’t notice any battery drain. Back button anywhere is an app that puts a touch point on the face that lets you map actions to it. Also don’t see any battery drain.

2 Likes

Sorry, but before we think about a return, we need to rule out the simple bugs.

1 Like

Good thinking and excellent advice @G1NT0N1C :+1: :+1: Cheers, Doons

1 Like

@Benson_Wallace if you do end up returning it, you will have to flash back to stock firmware or they will probably blame you for this.
A factory reset should definitely not be any cause of hassle :thinking:
It is simply going to Settings and performing a full data wipe.

By the way, have you been able to remove the rear cover and check the camera connection to the main board?
If you are not comfortable doing this then you should get a phone repair guy to do it or just return it.
Contact is after-sales@kospet.com or go to the official Kospet Aliexpress store.

2 Likes

This is why I believe that the physical connection to the camera module is the problem.

1 Like

Wow! Your answer is pure gold. This app basically makes the watch 100times more useable. Even adding media controls was a breeze and I immediately bought the full version. Only one problem left. Whenever I switch the watchface off and switch it on again, the app is gone from the watchface. I also made sure to put it on the list of apps not to close. Am I missing something? Again big thanks for your suggestions.

Edit - I just forgot that the switches are inverted and I turned power saving on for the app. Now its fixed and the app stays active. Amazing!

2 Likes

Don’t forget to disable the “clean task” option in the “Optimisation” app which is in the main app list :+1:
It kills any running apps when the screen goes off - if left at default settings.

2 Likes

One more follow up question. As I own two other kospet FAWs I am wondering if the radio on the O2 is less powerfull. When I am connecting my BT headsets I always have the problem that I cannot let my hand down besides my body since this will create huge connection issues. I basically have to keep my hand in front of my body and doing this while jogging is really hard after an hour. I now tried to use different kinds of headsets connected via BT but I am wondering if the radio signal from the O2 can be boosted somehow maybe even via root?

And one last question. On my Redmi Note 9 phone I can go into the battery settings and define a wake up and shutdown time for the entire phone. That would be a great function for the watch to shut it down at night. Is anything like that possible or is this hardware bound and not OS specific?

Many thanks for the help in advance you guys have allready made this watch 200% better for me!

Pretty sure the RTC (chipset in charge of hardware timing, including powering on and off) must be compatible to support scheduling.

Mediatek usually is very friendly with this feature.

2 Likes

Yep, it wouldn’t be a problem from the hardware capability point of view.
Just that they are not going to change the firmware for this model.

3 Likes

I was able to fix the bt-radio issue by testing several true wireless headphones. Samsung Galaxy Buds did not do the trick but Redmi Airdots are awesome. No more connection issues even when 2 apps are running.