Optimus 2 Official support Thread - Updated 26/06/21

Nothing new.
Just some minor bug fixes.

1 Like

Will the the new FAW firmware fix the text-to-speech issue? (so that when tapping the keyboard’s mic icon you can verbally speak a text message) :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry - FAW version - yes.
I thought you were asking about stock :slight_smile:
It will be ready soon

1 Like

I use Gboard and it works fine. Just tap the mic icon and start speaking.

1 Like

@Duarte_B … thanks for that. I was using Gboard on mt Prime … didn’t think of that. Cheers.

The International version is ready

4 Likes

my optimus 2 has a gps that works well with google maps, but when it comes to using apps to monitor walks like runtastic it has a very bad fix and accuracy, with absurd tracks even with clear skies. the prime 2, on the other hand, is very precise. who has the same problem?

the link doesn.t work

The link to the app is not working?

Edit, yes you are right. The link is broken for the myrunning app.
@Dr_Andy_Vishnu can you re-post the apk file on that original post please?

1 Like

excuse me, this link. error 404 not found.
despite many tests my gps with the original firmware version works well with google maps, but very badly as a fix and track with other apps including the one present in the smartwatch, absurd and very inaccurate track

Yes, see I edited my post above.

thnks and excuse me, do you have suggestions to fix my problems with gps?

Yes, use the International firmware from the post up above.
Almost all apps available will be unable to read information from the GPS in the stock firmware.
The stock firmware is designed to work with the built-in apps. Third party apps will not work properly if they need access to sensor or location.
However, if you allow the app to access your location and enable Unrestricted Data in the watch permissions - it might help.

The myrunning app is the best solution regardless of firmware.
It will be available on the thread again soon.
@Dr_Andy_Vishnu has a copy he can post.

@dragonwar this is the post I mentioned for the international firmware. No flash tools needed.

thanks a lot

people seem very keen on this runtastic, does it have VO2max testing, and if so is it over a set distance, or any distance you run, subject of course to a measurable effort ?

personally i’m no fan of these smartwatches for health and fitness purposes, i usually freeze the relevant apps and use a separate dedicated device, in my case a huawei fit watch

so i’ve just run a geekbench 5 test on my device, i’m still on firmware v1.4, having frozen a few of the health/fitness apps, and the adups.fota software, results are:

single-core 142
multi-core 795

i’d be interested in any score against the v1.6 firmware, or even, if somebody is brave enough to hold pablo11’s feet to the fire, against the international firmware ?

Updated . New link now working :handshake:

1 Like

Runtastic i have tested also . Trust me MRA is the best on A7.1.1 and the FAW firmware . It is the only fitness app that uses the in-built HRM .

What is it in particular that you are asking?
Power consumption ?
If you use the International FW with power saving enabled (as the second launcher does in “light mode” you will be able to use the watch for a very long time indeed. Longer than stock.
Even in regular mode - International v1.2 is better than regular mode and almost as good as light mode.
But why are you asking ?
You can test it yourself.
It is not like you need to flash anything after all.
It is an update zip file that is used be the built in OTA app on the stock firmware.
The only difference is you change the OTA app settings to “local storage update” and select the zip file that you have uploaded to the watch storage.
Use v1.0 if you are running stock Opt 2 FW or v1.2 if you have already updated to v1.0

1 Like