Omega Speedmaster Apollo 13 Silver Snoopy Award

The Silver Snoopy Award is presented by the US space agency NASA to people who have distinguished themselves through special achievements.
But not only people can receive this award. Omega received this award for the life-saving role in the Apollo 13 mission. Because the on-board computer had to be switched off to save electricity.

An Omega Watch was the only instrument available to the astronauts to activate the braking rockets. After exactly 14 seconds, the braking rockets had to be deactivated again. This was the only way to ensure a safe landing.

Of course, Omega insisted on bringing out Snoopy special editions.
On the one hand there is the Omega Speedmaster Apollo 13 “Silver Snoopy Award”, where you can discover some details: Between seconds 0 to 14 there is a comic strip, including the words “What could you do in 14 seconds?” The question plays for the 14-second course correction.

In the center of the dial is the quote dreamed up by Snoopy, “Failure is not an option”. Actor Ed Harris said those words in the 1995 Hollywood film adaptation of the Apollo 13 mission.

credits: -https://www.omegawatches.com/

Download: -Snoopy3.zip - Google Drive

clock_skin_model

omega-speedmaster-apollo-13-silver-snoopy-award

15 Likes

Looks awesome mate and great for my terrible eye sight :+1: . Thankyou

1 Like

Holy Cow that looks real! Thank you!

1 Like

Love Omega watches. Great job

1 Like

Thank you all. It was fun, but it tooks some time.

1 Like

I just fixed a tiny mistake at the hour hand. Link updated.

1 Like

Many thanks for sharing this splendid watch face @G1NT0N1C :+1: …and also for that fascination little insight into a great moment in the history of Space exploration! :+1: Cheers, “Houston…we have a Peanuts”! :crazy_face: :rofl:, Doons

1 Like

Thank you @doonsbury. In fact, this fascinating history was the main reason for me to make this watchface. Besides, it’s a beauty, in my eyes.

1 Like

Thanks @G1NT0N1C !!!..looks great on my OP2

1 Like

Thank you, @Vishwas_Gujar .I’m glad that you like it.

Great job @G1NT0N1C . Congrats

2 Likes

Thank you, @Joao_Nascimento .:slightly_smiling_face:

I just published a 2nd Speedmaster Snoopy watch:
-Omega Speedmaster Snoopy Award 50th anniversary

1 Like

I just published the last of the 3 Omega Snoopy watches: -Omega Snoopy Award, black version

1 Like