Official support thread for the Prime S 1+16gb Android 9

The Prime Pro will be available in coming months.
It will have 3gb ram and 32gb storage and will be running on the Unisoc chipset with Android 9.
Similar to the Prime S but with the different specs I have mentioned.
I suspect that the camera will be 5mp up scaled to 8mp.

Hello everyone!!!
the other week my lemfo lem P (1/16) is arriving which I think is the same kospet prime S my question is how compatible is UL with this version of android? since I have a large collection of .watch faces that I find more useful than clockskin faces.
thank you very much for your help.

Well I installed UL on the Kospet Prime S and it works fine. However, I could imagine that some very complex “.watch” dials cause problems due to the smaller RAM.

1 Like

I STRONGLY advise you to open the settings first and leave them open in “recent tasks”. In the event of problems, this creates a kind of “emergency exit”, access to the settings via long press of the start button. This makes sense because flashing these watches is so complicated it is actually not an option.

I would go a step further and advise that people do not install UL

This is 1gb of ram we are talking about here. As @G1NT0N1C has said and as I have been saying since release:
It is a low budget design for people who “just” want a smart watch without loading lots of apps.

Just the OS and play store use up almost all of the available ram…

So it is fine running the built in apps and making a few calls etc…

Anything else and it could end badly.

2 Likes

I want to add to this with my own experience - I can’t recommend UL personally for this watch, however if you insist on using it, keep the watch faces lightweight and you should be fine. For example - this watch face is a no-go. Vacheron & Constantin Grand Complication 3600 however most should be fine. I’m kind of using that linked one as a reference point.

Playing games has been fine so long as I completely stop the app after I am done using it. I haven’t encountered many issues at all with simple apps like music, GPS, PlayStore itself, and even a remote mouse app I downloaded from the PlayStore, but as everyone is saying above, keep in mind you won’t be able to do any multi-tasking and you’ll need to make sure you close those apps.

1 Like

The truth is that I have been using full android watches for almost 5 years and I do not use them to run heavy applications, their main function is to measure my movements by bicycle and the occasional walk. I only install UL, watchdroid, maps, myrunning app, some applications for the gps signal and some multimedia player such as youtube and mx player and they work for me without any problem, they generally use almost half of the ram memory but in A9 I don’t know how. memory management or how many resources this new operating system has to load on a clock.
thank you very much for your help.
I will be telling you about my experience with the clock when it arrives, I already looked at the guide and it is already in my country in about two or three more days it should arrive … :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Only? :joy:
For a watch with 1gb ram…lol
It’s a budget watch not a media centre :grin:

If you load these apps I recommend that use recent apps and shut everything apart from the app you are using at the time. Otherwise you may end up unhappy.

We will be interested in hearing about your experiences with the new watch :+1:

They are the ones I have always used from A5.1 through A6, A7 and A7.1.1 almost all of them have been with 1/16 and I have not had delay problems with these applications.

Yep… Android 9 and 10 require a little more ram.
Still, be interested to see how it works out for you :+1:

Look in your last used apps list if you can go to settings to reset your watch.

3 Likes

It has a recovery but you will be unable to execute any option that you choose.
You can only try to flash the firmware.
If you are interested?
If not, then you have to return it.
It is not the same as MTK when it comes to flashing.

This is why I made a fuss about being careful with these unisoc devices.

1 Like

But I would like a few details first.
Were you using universal launcher and a watchmaker face?
Or just a regular xml watch face?

Thanks for the update.
Can you show me where you download it from please?
Unless it is from the watch face store on the watch.?
We need to examine it and understand what the launcher does not like about this face.

Cheers

Hi, so can you share the firmware somewhere? Sending back/forth is quite tedious and I would rather just flash myself.

Thanks!

The flash process of these Unisoc devices differs significantly from the Mediatec devices. Only the firmware does not help you in this case.

Why does that matter? Flashing is a tedious process right, regardless of the SOC? If there is a 1.4 firmware that resolves some of the issues, I would love to see it published please.

You do not understand what I am saying. Flashing a mediatec watch is child’s play compared to this. I flash the firmware of a mediatec watch in less than a minute. Here we are talking about a multi-step process that takes over an hour and enables a multitude of devastating errors. I don’t have complete instructions for this process myself. We will check whether a comprehensive guide can be created. However, if we come to the conclusion that we are doing more damage than good with such a manual, we will not publish it.

To put it simply: if 10 people destroy their watches and only one person is successfully, we have won nothing. I recommend waiting for OTA updates.

2 Likes

If you can still access the watch storage via MTP, check if there is a folder called CrashLog.

Edit:
It is this watchface?

1 Like

Please give us the face link. The one found by @none is a huge and complicated UL face, no way it can work on the stock launcher.

1 Like