Official Support thread for LEM14

Done - check it out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello Dear Pablo11 :bangbang:
Thank you very much ! This is really a perfect job! :watch::watch: I’m right: patience creates ⚘ or a super system upgrade​:watch: Everything works perfectly :watch: I’m really happy :rofl::fire::rofl::fire::rofl:
You are the BEST :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:
Best Regards :wink:
Michel56

3 Likes

Friends, one question
I am interessted in this watch because of the waterproofnis

Is there some feedback about battery life with the following use of the watch:

• no bt on
  • no step counter on
  • no wifi on
  • no gps on
  • 3g active (12 hours per day / in the night => switch to airplane mode)

Thanks a lot
Regards

The question cannot be answered. It depends a lot on how good the 3g reception is where you are.
And- more important- are we talking about the original firmware or the international firmware?

2 Likes

Ok thanks for you answer
I live in Germany
I thought (as a rough indication) it would be possible
Thank you

Recently purchased LEM14. They show a fake pulse, even when the watch is removed from the hand. What should I do to fix this?
Are there any new firmware versions after 21.01.2021?

Did you factory reset before first use ?

Try it

1 Like

With my LEM14, I have never been able to get a good heart reading (I now use a BT heart monitor pair to my watch when I go running).
As for the firmware, I suggest to install the FAW firmware, you will get a better app compatibility and the battery last longer.

2 Likes

THIS an FYI for any other AT&T folks here. This device no longer works properly on their network, even though it’s 100% compatible. They are now limiting my devices to 3G only and absolutely refuse to fix it (I’ve had 8 phone calls to them). They basically now say that they don’t really support you bringing your own device any longer (if it’s not a device they normally sell). Their system has the IMEI of these devices marked as 3G only device and they refuse to fix it. (T-Mobile does too, try it yourself here. It lists it as a Cryken S10 3G watch)

@pablo11 and @none I could really use some root here so I can change my IMEI. I now have a VERY good reason. :worried:

This cannot be resolved by root access, there are specialized tools that can help with your intent.
But you have to use google on your own as this matter can’t be discussed here.

2 Likes

@none. Thanks. I was able to resolve with a tool and successfully changed it to an older iPhone 7 IMEI I have laying around but I won’t go in to the specifics as it’s not allowed here (though not illegal in the US). I now have LTE again. F**k you AT&T. :smiley: It’s unfortunate this is my only recourse other than changing to the only other carrier here that “allows” BYOD: T-Mobile.

So again, this a warning to any one else wanting to get this device and use it on AT&T.

3 Likes

Yes, frustrating indeed and happens all over the world in various places.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

In India and a few other places it is worse because they are actually starting to ban people from using imei from China at a very high level.

Knowing this, some of the Aliexpress stores refuse to ship to some countries now.
Not good at all because then, in desperation, customers go to the ruthless “don’t give a shxt” sellers who will ship regardless.
Once sold - no recourse for the customer, who then finds out exactly why they are not sent by the official stores :frowning:

1 Like

You make some great points…including the part where you talk about "don’t give a shxt” sellers. Clearly, whatever manufacturer made this device reused IMEIs. It all makes sense now. :confused:

Sorry, I did not mean that the manufacturer reuses IMEI numbers.

I meant that regardless of the manufacturer, some countries and many service providers will not allow imei numbers that are not issued by whoever they recognise as “an official source” of registered IMEIs.

This presents very real problems for tech companies who can’t afford to go down all the federated paths to get thousands of numbers registered.

It starts to negate the whole idea of alternative, budget technology.

The problem was that a few years ago, a large amount of mobile tech was exported to several countries, from China.
Then it was realised that they all had exactly the same IMEI…

Sadly, since then, strict laws have been introduced and the country who made the mistake of selling those products in this case was China.

Of course, the Chinese guys cleaned up their act and made sure it would not happen again.

But alas, the damage was done and now all tech with cellular capability is subject to very tough scrutiny. No matter where it comes from.

The comment I made about ruthless sellers is about a few tech sellers in China and other places that will sell you the product, knowing full well that it will not be allowed on your network.
Then you realise the problem and ask for a refund - but it’s not gonna happen…
These people are not associated with any brands… They are resellers.

3 Likes

Ok, I see. So then that still leaves a bit of a mystery as to how AT&T and T-Mobile think the IMEI of both my devices here are from a Crykin S10.

I use AT&T as my phone carrier but use T-Mobile Sim cards in my watch, that I buy on Amazon. When I went to AT&T to add my Android watch to my account they said they don’t support that device. Other words you either buy one of our overpriced watches or you are out of luck. It was the same response I got at Xfinity Mobile. So my suggestion is to try one of the inexpensive $5 a month T-Mobile Sim cards and try it. I just installed it, activate online and have had years of trouble free service.

1 Like

That’s fairly simple to answer.
It is a Ckyrin S10.

They are the manufacturer and they have a factory called LW.

They sell the S10 to Lemfo and also have their own commercial brands like Rogbid and Rollme (although it appears that Rollme is no longer a brand)

So basically Ckyrin is the OEM.
All the others have just renamed the product.

Just like Domino is the OEM for the Kospet Prime S and many other products that are exactly the same as the Prime S.

2 Likes

@pablo11 It looks like there is some additional confusion somewhere.

And here is an old listing of this device for sale on Amazon in Canada.

This seems to indicate the Ckyrin S10 is INDEED a different device all together that was released back in 2018. So again, I raise the question on why the IMEI of the LEM14 comes up as this device which is much older and 3G only?

I tried to do a bit of research out of curiosity. So I don’t pretend to know a whole lot about IMEI numbers. But I did find this, " The first 8 digits (of a decimal IMEI) are assigned to the manufacturer on application to identify a particular model and the remaining 7 digits are assigned by the manufacturers.
What that leads me to believe that the IMEI number on your LEM14 was assigned to a Ckyrin S10 and misused on your watch, for whatever reason. As far as 3G only, the specs for the S10 show it was limited to 3G, which was common before 4G started to be used.
Feel free to dispute any of this information.

1 Like

Both of my device IMEI’s came back as a Ckyrin S10. One is a LEM14 and the other is the Rogbid Brave Pro (both just branded versions of the same device). @pablo11 says that these devices ARE the Ckyrin S10 but my research indicates that it cannot be as there already was a device with that name from Ckyrin so I’m still just trying to clear up the confusion. I’m guessing what’s happening is that both AT&T and T-Mobie are simply seeing the the manufactuer as Ckyrin and assuming that it must be the Ckyrin S10 as they obviously did sell that direct without rebranding and the mobile carriers are just dumb. The only question remaining is why @pablo11 says this is the S10 too?