Official Support for the Rollme S08

I tried to upload a face on the watch my this current situation can you please help. Also am not able to exit from this screen so how can I hard reset the watch

Press and hold the power button to switch the watch off. Then press power to turn on again.
During the boot process you have to swipe quickly and continuously to the right side where the appdrawer is located. If that doesn’t work right away, try again. When you have managed to switch to the Appdrawer, go to the filemanager and delete the face that is causing your problem.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ulysse Nardin Classic Minute Repeater Voyeur

I’ve had my Rollme S08 for a few months now and I’m super happy with it! I too initially had trouble connecting it to the PC via the USB cable. I tried cleaning the contacts with alcohol etc to no avail, but then I discovered that a quick spray with my son’s Servisol electronic cleaning solvent (both the cable and the watch contacts) worked an absolute treat. Since then I’ve swum in the sea, river and pools - even phoned my wife after I swam across a lake to some waterfalls so I can vouch that (mine at least) is waterproof (unlike my Finow X7 which I accidentally swam in a pool with - but that’s another story!) But I haven’t had to re-clean the contacts - it still connects perfectly.

I’d also like to thank everyone for all their time and effort - especially with all the wonderful watch faces. I’m not very tech savvy, but one of these days I might be able to work out how to make something and contribute.

It took me quite a while to get sorted, but running UL connected to Watchdroid works well for me (now that I’ve worked out that the files for each clock skin need to be in their separate folders (but not in any sub folders) within the ClockSkin folder), and I needed Yahoo weather to make the weather in the skins work. I still haven’t quite worked out how to get the steps on the skins to match the steps recorded by the health widget…but I’ll get there. I normally have it on aeroplane mode + bluetooth most of the time and only enable everything including the GPS when I go for a run…and the battery lasts all day easily. (I use Strava for running but I haven’t managed to get Strava to recognise the HR sensor - maybe it’s not possible…)

Thanks again and sorry for my long winded reply…hopefully makes up for my lack of input thus far!

3 Likes

Good to hear your positive feedback . I also have this watch with no issues at all . As for running i would recommend this

The inbuilt heart rate sensors works fine . You need to turn on under sensors first then in app

2 Likes

Dr_Andy you are brilliant! Thanks for putting me onto MyRunningApp. I’ve just tested it and it syncs to Strava perfectly! I had to enable the HR monitor in the app permissions in the normal settings, as well as in the UL settings before the tick box ungreyed-out in the MRA settings. I had been using an aging Garmin with the straps held on with bits of wire for the HR - so now I won’t have to wear 2 watches when I’m running!! Thanks again :smiley:

2 Likes

Your very welcome

I think it is important to recognise their presence here on the forum as well - great people

My Running app - support thread - Android Software & Development - Full Android Watch

3 Likes

Hi, I received my Rollme S08 one month ago and enjoy it as my first Android watch. I primarily use it for running or biking so I can listen to music and track my fitness at the same time. However, Strava or Trailforks won’t let me play music through Spotify at the same time, so I’ve resorted to using the original Fitness and Music apps which do work simultaneously. But then I can’t find the Fitness app data to export to Strava…

Can anyone recommend a fitness app that works simultaneously with Spotify?

Or, can anyone tell me how to export my Fitness app data?

Search on this forum for the " my running app " thread . Awesome app on A7.1.1

Hopefully this will work with spotify

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, I saw your previous posts about MRA, but it doesn’t work simultaneously with Spotify. To do anything with MRA I have to exit Spotify and then restart the Spotify app to get back to my music. However, MRA does work with the Music app, so I can continue listening to music while using the MRA.

Is it possible to export my saved data on the Fitness app?

Unsure as i dont use strava etc but i know a man who does

@R_Sauvalle

Maybe he can help

@uk762 you should exclude spotify (and other apps you want to be able to run in the background) from the battery saver, then it will work together with any app

3 Likes

I think he means the intergration of spotify through MRA but i could be wrong :+1: . I’m sure it was mentioned before this was a issue but i could be wrong .

1 Like

Just FYI all…
We are getting the solution provider to look at applying our ideas for the international firmware to the S10 Pro.
(LEM14 and S08)

I will keep you posted about this.

Cheers

3 Likes

Great news! Just a thought: The S08 has Android 7.1. Does that open the door to international firmware to other Android 7 smartwatches?

Yes, I just realised my mistake…
However, we look into the possibilities of an Android 7.1.1 version.
Cheers

Thanks, I’ll try that. Where can I find the battery saver?

Settings, Apps, List Apps, click on the app in question and set the permissions for always run in the background…

@George_Papadopoulos you should ask your question here please.
Cheers