Official Break Fix Support for Kospet Hope

BTW it looks dodgy when charging - as though something is not quite right. Here’s a GIF of the charging screen:
s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/photos.neilennis.com/static/DSC03422-ANIMATION.gif

Mar 20, 2019 22:11:50 GMT neilius said:
BTW#2 - the Kospet site has a new firmware available on it dated 5 MArch 19, but it fails when I try to open it with SP Flash Tool.

Can you give us the link to either the page where the downloads are or the direct link to the firmware? It haven't shown yet on this forum... (and I can't find it on Kospet website)
Mar 20, 2019 23:06:23 GMT neilius said:
BTW it looks dodgy when charging - as though something is not quite right. Here's a GIF of the charging screen: s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/photos.neilennis.com/static/DSC03422-ANIMATION.gif

It should have worked after flashing the firmware, I'm not sure why it didn't help. And that charging screen really doesn't look good. I think I'll have to agree with Pablo and say that its time to return it.
Mar 21, 2019 13:10:23 GMT krapulant said:
Mar 20, 2019 22:11:50 GMT neilius said:
BTW#2 - the Kospet site has a new firmware available on it dated 5 MArch 19, but it fails when I try to open it with SP Flash Tool.

Can you give us the link to either the page where the downloads are or the direct link to the firmware? It haven't shown yet on this forum... (and I can't find it on Kospet website)

I guess this is the one neilius found too: bbs.kospet.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4&extra=page%3D1 If you remove the parenthesis from the folder name the scatter file loads correctly

There is a newer version as well but I have been too busy moving our Google website for the last few weeks.
I’ll be back to normal soon.
Sorry guys.

Mar 21, 2019 16:07:56 GMT noidremained said:

I guess this is the one neilius found too: bbs.kospet.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4&extra=page%3D1 If you remove the parenthesis from the folder name the scatter file loads correctly

Do you think it would make a difference if I selected the "Format All + Download" option in SP Flash Tools?

How do I return a faulty watch? Would someone post a link please?

Thanks! Upgrade went fine. No GPS in the fitness though... No issues to report yet.
Mar 22, 2019 2:28:12 GMT krapulant said:

Thanks! Upgrade went fine. No GPS in the fitness though... No issues to report yet.

When you install new firmware, which option do you take: Download Only, Firmware Upgrade, or Format All + Download?
Mar 22, 2019 2:35:30 GMT neilius said:
Mar 22, 2019 2:28:12 GMT krapulant said:

When you install new firmware, which option do you take: Download Only, Firmware Upgrade, or Format All + Download?

I used Download Only as instructed in the Kospet BBS.

Never ever use format all + download.

There are many posts on this forum about flashing firmware in various firmware sections.

It seems that people are having trouble finding these posts ?

I have contacted both Kospet and the Aliexpress dealer to see if they can help with getting a watch that actually works.
While they have politely acknowledged my message, and said how sorry they are that the watch is faulty, they have not given me any information about how to return a faulty watch, how to get it fixed, or how to get a refund.
Has anyone ever had any success in getting a faulty watch fixed?
Am I being naive in thinking I will get any after-sales service?
Thanks in advance for your replies.

Mar 26, 2019 6:32:53 GMT neilius said:
I have contacted both Kospet and the Aliexpress dealer to see if they can help with getting a watch that actually works. While they have politely acknowledged my message, and said how sorry they are that the watch is faulty, they have not given me any information about how to return a faulty watch, how to get it fixed, or how to get a refund. Has anyone ever had any success in getting a faulty watch fixed? Am I being naive in thinking I will get any after-sales service? Thanks in advance for your replies.

I will deal with this. Can you send me a pm with your order number and proof of purchase please? Sorry I have been absent lately. Google Plus closing down has made my life extremely busy the last few weeks.. In fact the whole team is busy with this... Cheers Pablo

Will send PM.

Original stock firmware is here on the forum /thread/3130/kospet-firmware-hope-3gb-32gb
I suggest you flash this neilius and see how you go.
Use the firmware upgrade option.
You have the 3gb/32gb version of the watch?

I know this is older firmware but it is the best chance to get watch back to normal drive.google.com/file/d/1ksAxntA_s1FblEA4KLDOxSx2lTB2SLvm/view?usp=sharing

pablo11 AvatarMar 28, 2019 3:37:04 GMT pablo11 said:
Original stock firmware is here on the forum /thread/3130/kospet-firmware-hope-3gb-32gb I suggest you flash this neilius

and see how you go.
Use the firmware upgrade option.
You have the 3gb/32gb version of the watch?

I know this is older firmware but it is the best chance to get watch back to normal drive.google.com/file/d/1ksAxntA_s1FblEA4KLDOxSx2lTB2SLvm/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for the info.
I checked the original purchase link and it says 3gb / 32 gb.
Is there any way to check whether this is actually what the watch is?

I got several errors while trying to load the firmware to the watch.
A couple of times SP Flash Tools froze.
A couple of times I got an error about half-way through saying:
ERROR: STATUS_DOWNLOAD_EXCEPTION (0xC005003)
HINT:
I purchased two USB data cables in addition to the one that came with the watch. I’ve tried them all and continued to have problems.
I connected to a different USB port and the firmware upgrade ran through to completion.
I’ve plugged the charging cable in, and the charging icon is being displayed, but it still looks dodgy as per the GIF I showed you a week or two ago:
s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/photos.neilennis.com/static/DSC03422-ANIMATION.gif
I will allow it to charge and let you know the outcome.

Ok thanks.
I hope it has helped

Thanks for your help, Pablo.
I think we’ve almost fixed it.
After flashing the new firmware, the watch charged.
After it was 100% charged, I disconnected it, short pressed the watch and it powered up ok.
I configured the watch, turned it off and on, and it came up ok again.
I turned off the watch, inserted a sim card, and tried to power it on. It froze when starting up.
I was able to power on the watch after a long press (> 12 seconds).
Now when I turn the watch off, I am unable to turn it on with a short press.
Sometimes it will show the Kospet logo and freeze. Sometimes the Kospet logo flashes 2 or 3 times and I get a “no command” message.
The only way I can turn the watch on is with a long press.
I’d really like to sort this out and would appreciate your advice. It’s not really working properly, so in future I won’t be able to sell it to someone in this condition.

Pablo hi!! I have the kospet brave. Can you pls come with kospet in contact and write them that i have a broken crown outside of the screen ? How can i replace it?