Notifications disappearing?

I saw many cases of double notifications, and people wanting less, I write about opposite…

It seems that my notifications dissapear ?
I get a notification about updated app from play store or message from WhatsApp. I can see them if I look at the time they arrive, but if I look later I see no other notification than the permanent weather notification.

Is this normal, or could there be a setting I set to get this behaviour ?

1 Like

Are these apps from your phone? If so which app are you using to connect to your phone? I use Watch Droid version 9.0 and unless I directed the app to be removed it is stored in the Watch Droid app on my watch.

No, just notifications from watch own apps.
I also have watchdroid, and for those notifications I easily find old notifications in the watchdroid app.
But for the watch own notifications, they seem to dissapear after a screenlock cycle…

1 Like

It’s a while since I last got a whatsapp notification so I can’t say anything about that, but the notifications for app updates has changed for me as well. Now, when an app gets updated, I will first get a lot of notifications when it downloads, maybe one for every 5 or 10 percent downloaded, then a last notification when it starts installing the update. The notifications disappear when the next one comes and the last one disappears when the app is finished updating. These notifications only gives vibration and no sound.

Actually that sounds normal to me. I have never experienced any of my watches where I knew that the watch notifications were stored. There is a file in the file manager for notifications but I’m guessing if you dismiss them, which I always do to get them off the screen they are gone.

1 Like

Nope, if I dismissed them, why would I expect them to still be there ?
What is the filename ? Perhaps I could look in that file as a workaround…
It’s the first watch for me, which don’t keep notifications until I dismiss then. Garmin keep them, Wear OS keep them and even Fossil Hybrid watch keep them. None of those are a full Android watch, I know, but why wouldn’t a full Android keep the notifications just like a phone ?

File name is “Notifications.” From what I remember on my watches if you don’t dismiss them they don’t go away and I would have to scroll through them until they were deleted/dismissed. Until I would think you turn off or reboot the watch. I’ve just never paid that much attention to them. They are not something generally important. They are only kept on the phone until you delete them, which again you do to clear your screen. You would not want them there forever. The notifications in Watch Droid are different they are either text messages or call notifications.

Same for me on the watch, since it’s got stand alone SIM and WhatsApp, I would like a notification to stay until I dismiss it, as I might miss the notification at the time of its creation or be busy with something.
I will look for that file :ok_hand: