No.1 D7

FunOS already was on the Tenfifteen QW09
Does anybody know an Android 5.1 Smartwatch with FunOS?

good find it, what about the battery life in the device.

Thanks rax Hax Noted.
We have had the watch some time now.
We normally build the root pack just after the official watch release.
Honestly - putting 5.1 on this device would be an enormous waste of time in my opinion.
It is a cheap entry level watch with 240x240 screen resolution - aimed at using less power.
Lollipop would be pointless
The firmware which you have seen on the No1 site is not the release version - it’s for beta testers (I hope so anyway because this should not be released yet)
More and more issues are being fixed as it comes along.
Please bear in mind it has a 500mah battery - the No1 D5 and Finow X3 & X1 had 450mah battery.
It is a minor difference - please don’t expect miracles here.
The OS is specifically designed to be using less power at a lower resolution - this will be what makes the difference at the end of the day.
But how much difference - not sure really…Too early to say.

Apr 27, 2017 20:06:35 GMT 1 roundyround said:
I'm metric.

1.39" = 35.3mm
1.3" = 33mm

Is a 2mm difference really that noticeable ?

Absolutely...
It's starting to sound like it's not worth getting a D7 ?

How did you arrive at that?
As I said, it’s an affordable, entry level watch that has issues which need to be addressed - and probably will be. No1 is very committed to making this work.
The Bluetooth application is an important step forward. It is quite reliable and has features which are not available to other watches in this class.
We have to give feedback to you guys and the manufacturer. I will not gloss it over. I tell it as it is. Otherwise there’s no point. So everything I have said here has already been sent to No1 - long before now.
I believe that the FunOS is a good move. A few refinements are needed but overall - it’s a powersaving centred OS and also gives us more functionality.
So, it’s a good watch at this price point.

pablo11 AvatarApr 30, 2017 6:17:44 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
Honestly - putting 5.1 on this device would be an enormous waste of time in my opinion. It is a cheap entry level watch with 240x240 screen resolution - aimed at using less power. Lollipop would be pointless

I actually wanted to get FunOS on my Q1, a Rom from another Android 5.1 smartwatch would not work on a Kitkat watch, but special Android 5 or 6 Roms that are made for the Kitkat Kernel would work
pablo11 AvatarApr 30, 2017 12:20:49 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
How did you arrive at that? As I said, it's an affordable, entry level watch that has issues which need to be addressed - and probably will be. No1 is very committed to making this work. The Bluetooth application is an important step forward. It is quite reliable and has features which are not available to other watches in this class. We have to give feedback to you guys and the manufacturer. I will not gloss it over. I tell it as it is. Otherwise there's no point. So everything I have said here has already been sent to No1 - long before now. I believe that the FunOS is a good move. A few refinements are needed but overall - it's a powersaving centred OS and also gives us more functionality. So, it's a good watch at this price point.

If the FunOS is the reason for the good battery life, maybe porting it to other (Android 4.4) watches would enhance their battery life also

actually i like Fun OS so far but for small screen is not good, mostly like for bigger screen,the idea for NO 1 is acceptable, its has to be main for all the smartwatches the battery life, i think the resolution of the watch is to low maybe 360x360 would be ok, but Pablo you tell me about it,how it look, acceptable.
RaxHax would be great is you accomplish that.

Apr 30, 2017 20:52:56 GMT 1 leafar said:
actually i like Fun OS so far but for small screen is not good, mostly like for bigger screen,the idea for NO 1 is acceptable, its has to be main for all the smartwatches the battery life, i think the resolution of the watch is to low maybe 360x360 would be ok, but Pablo you tell me about it,how it look, acceptable. RaxHax would be great is you accomplish that.

Ok, who wants to try for D5 w812a (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B68HxS8pPZsqaUhNelo4R3ViNWM) and X5 w815 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B68HxS8pPZsqMV80a3RnamdBMmc)?

You need your watchs Firmware, your watchs TWRP, the D7 Firmware, the boot.img file for your watch from the google drive link and (working) SP Flashtool. Make a backup of your data.

Open SP Flashtool, select your watchs Scatter file and unselect everything.
Click on boot, select your recovery.img for your watch.
Click on recovery and select the boot.img file from the attachment for your watch.
Click on system and select the No.1 D7 system.img. (boot and recovery are swapped because then you will boot directly into recovery without a volume button).
Click on Download and connect your powered off watch to the computer. Then disconnect the watch from the PC and boot it. TWRP should start.
Click on wipe and make factory reset.
Then go back and click on reboot and then on recovery to start the boot.img you put in the recovery partition.
See if it boots (first boot always takes some time) and tell me if it worked.

If it worked, you can root the watch with the TWRP recovery, change the DPI with UI Tuner and test the FunOS battery life with your watch. I dont have an Android 4.4 watch, so I cant try myself, but I think it should work.

Apr 30, 2017 20:52:56 GMT 1 leafar said:
actually i like Fun OS so far but for small screen is not good, mostly like for bigger screen,the idea for NO 1 is acceptable, its has to be main for all the smartwatches the battery life, i think the resolution of the watch is to low maybe 360x360 would be ok, but Pablo you tell me about it,how it look, acceptable. RaxHax would be great is you accomplish that.

Ok, who wants to try for D5 w812a (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B68HxS8pPZsqaUhNelo4R3ViNWM) and X5 w815 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B68HxS8pPZsqMV80a3RnamdBMmc)?

You need your watchs Firmware, your watchs TWRP, the D7 Firmware, the boot.img file for your watch from the google drive link and (working) SP Flashtool. Make a backup of your data.

Open SP Flashtool, select your watchs Scatter file and unselect everything.
Click on boot, select your recovery.img for your watch.
Click on recovery and select the boot.img file from the attachment for your watch.
Click on system and select the No.1 D7 system.img. (boot and recovery are swapped because then you will boot directly into recovery without a volume button).
Click on Download and connect your powered off watch to the computer. Then disconnect the watch from the PC and boot it. TWRP should start.
Click on wipe and make factory reset.
Then go back and click on reboot and then on recovery to start the boot.img you put in the recovery partition.
See if it boots (first boot always takes some time) and tell me if it worked.

If it worked, you can root the watch with the TWRP recovery, change the DPI with UI Tuner and test the FunOS battery life with your watch. I dont have an Android 4.4 watch, so I cant try myself, but I think it should work.

Hey RaxHax - very cool and all that - but why would you do this?
You would be right back at the D5 - X5 battery life …
The whole point of this watch is to save power - you do this and you may as well not bother with it at all - just saying …

pablo11 AvatarMay 2, 2017 10:20:03 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
Hey RaxHax - very cool and all that - but why would you do this? You would be right back at the D5 - X5 battery life ..... The whole point of this watch is to save power - you do this and you may as well not bother with it at all - just saying .....

If the good battery life is due to the OS, then the other watches would probably also have better battery life (if its not because of the D7s Kernel) with the D7 Rom. I ported the Kernels only to let people with D5 and X5 test the battery life and I want to know if FunOS really is the reason for the good battery life.

You said that the D7 has good battery life because of FunOS, why do you say now that FunOS would not make a difference in battery life on the D5 and X5?

I am only saying that the lower screen resolution and some auto-close on menus may be helping with battery.
To be honest - I have not noticed much difference between this and say an LES1…
It’s still too early to know - still bugs to fix and so new firmware will come…

Hi,

I’ve managed to change the language to English (it was Chinese).

When I go to Settings >> Language &

The list displayed is:

LANGUAGE English

KEYBOARD English

ANDROID KEYBOARD English

GOOGLE VOICE Automatic

And the last option is… in Chinese !!

Does anyone know what this setting does ??

Language Settings…

Attachments:

Hi. First post here and I have a generic Round Android Smartwatch question, however I’m interested in getting the No.1 D7.

I wish to understand whether clock faces can be skinned that support two timezones showing simultaneously.

ie. I want local time on an analogue clock-face with UTC time (Coordinated Universal Time) in a subset digital display. The clock-faces I see all seem to show the same time on both the analogue and digital portion.

Any links to clock-faces that do this would be appreciated.

May 22, 2017 23:14:04 GMT 1 icarus said:
Hi. First post here and I have a generic Round Android Smartwatch question, however I'm interested in getting the No.1 D7.

I wish to understand whether clock faces can be skinned that support two timezones showing simultaneously.

ie. I want local time on an analogue clock-face with UTC time (Coordinated Universal Time) in a subset digital display. The clock-faces I see all seem to show the same time on both the analogue and digital portion.

Any links to clock-faces that do this would be appreciated.

All analogue/digital clock faces can be very easily edited to show UTC on the digital display.
May 22, 2017 17:55:10 GMT 1 roundyround said:

Language Settings…

Is there anyone out there with a D7 ?
May 23, 2017 13:53:09 GMT 1 roundyround said:
May 22, 2017 17:55:10 GMT 1 roundyround said:
Language Settings......

I do !

May 23, 2017 17:34:23 GMT 1 doupi17 said:
May 23, 2017 13:53:09 GMT 1 roundyround said:

I do !

Hi,

Any idea what that setting is ?

Nope, i have it too. And i set my watch in french…

Anyone else with a D7 ??