New watch and problems list

Hi all.
I just buy and receive the watch, using in the past the polar M600 watch.

I have big problems on the watch this 1st day, and will try to list them:

I use the watch without eSIM, only paired with my phone (oneplus 5t)

• impossible to receive calls on the watch. It didn’t show me that there is a call.
  • sms is only a notification, I have no possibilities to reply. I have nothing on SMS apps too.
  • my watch did’nt sounds when I have notification. She just vibrate a short time.
  • is there a way to put vibration more long ?

The product seem to not be finish, but I will wait and support your product, because i’m sure this product can be great with more time and work.

Thanks for help.

Jérémy

Feb 11, 2019 22:10:08 GMT Xstu25 said:

Hi all.
I just buy and receive the watch, using in the past the polar M600 watch.

I have big problems on the watch this 1st day, and will try to list them:

I use the watch without eSIM, only paired with my phone (oneplus 5t)

• impossible to receive calls on the watch. It didn’t show me that there is a call.
  • sms is only a notification, I have no possibilities to reply. I have nothing on SMS apps too.
  • my watch did’nt sounds when I have notification. She just vibrate a short time.
  • is there a way to put vibration more long ?

The product seem to not be finish, but I will wait and support your product, because i’m sure this product can be great with more time and work.

Thanks for help.

Jérémy

I see your other watch the Polar M600 was running the Wear Operating System. These two watches are a lot different in how they operate.
I’ll start with this is an Full Android watch running the 7.1 operating system that does not allow BT calls. You can not receive or make calls from your phone on the watch, only with a Sim Card Installed.
You did not mention which connection app you are running, probably Wii-Watch2 which is the standard for this watch. I recommend you try Watch Droid but don’t install it from the Play Store. Download it from this link,  Watch Droid  and download Version 9.0.  There is an app for the watch and one for the phone. I recommend you download them on your computer and install from there to the watch, if you have the data cable. This way you have a backup copy. (I strongly suggest you read the information on this issue in this forum under Major Changes to App Security, at the top of the Home page and other places on the forum.) A search for BT call will provide all the reading you can handle.

I do not have this watch but I believe it only provides a vibration for notifications. I am not sure about call notifications from your phone? Watch Droid allows you to set the notification vibration time from 0 to 5 seconds.

Hi and thanks for reply.
I install it but under new version (10+). It seem to work well, but I dont have BT call (normal I think, cause google security?)

Do I need to install old version 9 like you said ?

Feb 12, 2019 13:59:09 GMT xstu25 said:
Hi and thanks for reply. I install it but under new version (10+). It seem to work well, but I dont have BT call (normal I think, cause google security?)

None of these Android 7 watches have Bluetooth phone calls.
There will be a new firmware soon with the option have the screen light up when messages are received.
It was set to keep screen of and vibrate only to save power but many have wanted the choice and so it is going to be added very soon.

Ok.
No problem, I understand that we cant make a call without sim.

I found the wear nice with Watch Droid , but I don’t understand something: when I receive notification, at first I have a nice notification coming from Watch Droid because my screen bright on.
And then, if I don’t read It or delete It, when I come back on my notification scren, I have another one screen notification, not the same like 1st.

I don’t know if you understand and I will take pics of screens.

Here are the screens.
Is it possible to keep only the beautifull one?
Why are there 2 differents notifications?

Feb 13, 2019 10:19:00 GMT xstu25 said:

Ok.
No problem, I understand that we cant make a call without sim.

I found the wear nice with Watch Droid , but I don’t understand something: when I receive notification, at first I have a nice notification coming from Watch Droid because my screen bright on.
And then, if I don’t read It or delete It, when I come back on my notification scren, I have another one screen notification, not the same like 1st.

I don’t know if you understand and I will take pics of screens.

Yes actually there are 2 notification lists: one is what you see when you do right sweep and the other is maintained by watch droid

Hi and thanks for reply.
I install it but under new version (10+). It seem to work well, but I dont have BT call (normal I think, cause google security?)

If you want to take advantage of all the features of Watch Droid yes you need to uninstall 10+ and install version 9.0. From my earlier post: (even the developer recommended doing this because of the changes Google directed.)

To me the big thing is the multiple choices you have to respond to an incoming text message. 1) With Voice (speak your response), 2) Quick Answer (you can create your own or use one of the preloaded responses, on the phone app) 3) Emoji 4) Keyboard (type in your answer) 5) Discard 6) Remove 7) Discard and Remove (removes from both devices)
It also has these features: Remote Camera: Send SMS: Uninstall apk: Command by voice: Find my phone: Flashlight: Date and Time: Information.

I have discovered that the ability to select a “contact” or access your “contact list” or make a call using the phone app has been removed from version 9.1. Not a big deal but I will look at it. You still get a call notification when a call is received on your phone and can hang up from the WatchDroid app on your watch.

UPDATE: I uninstalled version 9.1 and re-installed version 9.0. This version restored the phone features. Including the ability to select four contacts for quick call or three and your contact list, show recent calls and initiate a call on your phone.

So if you also want the call features of WatchDroid you have to install not Version 9.1 but Version 9.0 on both devices. Here is the link: WatchDroid. Make sure you select the correct version for download.

Have a good day.

In addition you need to make sure you “Turn Off” auto updates for this app or it will keep installing the latest version of 10+.

Read more: /thread/3084/keeping-track-impact-changes#ixzz5fPyG1G00

Feb 13, 2019 13:39:19 GMT capt jon said:

Hi and thanks for reply.

If you want to take advantage of all the features of Watch Droid yes you need to uninstall 10+ and install version 9.0. From my earlier post: (even the developer recommended doing this because of the changes Google directed.)

To me the big thing is the multiple choices you have to respond to an incoming text message. 1) With Voice (speak your response), 2) Quick Answer (you can create your own or use one of the preloaded responses, on the phone app) 3) Emoji 4) Keyboard (type in your answer) 5) Discard 6) Remove 7) Discard and Remove (removes from both devices)
It also has these features: Remote Camera: Send SMS: Uninstall apk: Command by voice: Find my phone: Flashlight: Date and Time: Information.

I have discovered that the ability to select a “contact” or access your “contact list” or make a call using the phone app has been removed from version 9.1. Not a big deal but I will look at it. You still get a call notification when a call is received on your phone and can hang up from the WatchDroid app on your watch.

UPDATE: I uninstalled version 9.1 and re-installed version 9.0. This version restored the phone features. Including the ability to select four contacts for quick call or three and your contact list, show recent calls and initiate a call on your phone.

So if you also want the call features of WatchDroid you have to install not Version 9.1 but Version 9.0 on both devices. Here is the link: WatchDroid. Make sure you select the correct version for download.

Have a good day.

In addition you need to make sure you “Turn Off” auto updates for this app or it will keep installing the latest version of 10+.

Read more: /thread/3084/keeping-track-impact-changes#ixzz5fPyG1G00

So nice. I will test it and come back soon to confirm what you are saying 😉