New Lem T sound

I bought mine from the lemfo store via aliexpress, they have accept a return but I’m considering getting the kospet prime if I can get it at a good price. what I cant figure out is why the sound will improve after rebooting 4-5 times but still bad on making a call?

1 Like

I got mine from Ebay. They’re cool with me returning it but I’m weighing things up. I’m trying to work out if the sound is just poor on the unit as a whole or I have a faulty one. The more I use it I’m thinking that they will all sound like this. Maybe the sound is worse than a LEMX. It’s just about functional (tested on Facbook video and skype yesterday) but I’d say about half the quality of the LEMX. Also I’m wondering if the OS needs a bit of work as some sounds play loud then settle down after a split second which says software. For gaming the watch is great for quite a few games. I made a video showing the watch as a gaming device. Not the best quality because wearing a watch, sitting on a selfie stick and playing one handed is kind of tricky Oh and I’m visually impaired so throw that in for good measure :smiley: https://youtu.be/qRR-izviybI :slight_smile: I guess I just wanted someone to describe the audio as all reviews etc just show the lovely display and hardly anyone discusses sound. Even the youtube link only skims on it. :slight_smile: I’m just out to get input to make a final decision. I did think about factory resetting to see if it helps and am curious if a firmware update can improve the audio. Thanks again for all your thoughts. Is there a list of the best android watch apps to get somewhere?

Actually I was watching mr tick’s review on youtube and when he switched the watch on and it did that bootup sound it was very tinny so it may be a design fault, the sound is nothing compare to the lem4 pro (dm98) but apart from that I liked the watch, If it was less expensive I would have kept it and find a bluetooth solution, seen your youtube videos and saw a few classic games I use to play, If you intend to play alot of games then the sound issue wouldnt be much of a problem but I want it as my main and only phone so I need to understand what the callers are saying when they call. I was thinking about getting the kospet prime but heard one on a youtube review and it seems that the best so far soundwise is the lem4 pro, I havent actually hear the sound from the lem x

Hi there. I solved the issues about the low sound on the Lem T with the Engineering Mode MTK app that can be downloaded on the Playstore. There are many possibilities with this app but…i worked only on the sound, it’s a nice tool but need to know what we are doing with it . Btw, apart the sounds rpoblem everything else is great on my device. Te best i had. About the Kospet, i had the Optimus Pro and the microphone didn.t work at all in a very few time…and the battery last not long.

Are you saying the sound parameters were not configured properly? The kospet prime battery is about the same size as the lem4 pro so I would see me getting exactly the same operating time from it 2.5 days. Aliexpress should refund my money - postage when they recieve the watch but my dilema is do I reorder and chance playing around with mtk which might make it worse or get the kospet prime which even have screenlock installed as default? apart from the sound every thing else eventually works but then there were the concern that 2 people raise about the back of the watch breaking, I can see this happening if you put it in your pocket. The sige of the screen is ideal, its a pity they(lemfo) didnt use the same design as the 4 pro no that would definite ly be the watch for me, a larger 4 pro with a side camera

@danny all i am saying is that with the MTK app i could adjust and increase the volumes level on my Lem T. With the Kospet Optimus Pro it doesn’t fix anything because the microphone is defected, and anyway the battery life in standalone mode was very poor. And as the back cover…mine has no problem so far, maybe because i don’t put it in the pocket or a purse…it’s sort of a smartwatch…i keep it on the wrist.

1 Like

Something is definitely strange here. I had super quiet sound until I opened the sim tray and put it back. Pressure on the back was causing super low volume. I’m curious, moni, have you put a sim card in your watch and if not have you tried taking off and putting back on the sim tray on the back? I’m also curious if you pull lightly on the strap or lightly press on the bottom does the sound change. :smiley: I think you either have one extreme or another with these watches. So far the back is ok on my watch (hope it stays that way) But I have girly hands / wrists so maybe that helps :smiley:

1 Like

I still cant see how the sim tray affects the sound, when I first recieved the watch I switch it on and the boot up sound was a bit distorted then it improved after 3 reboots then after inserting the sim and test this with a few calls, the person I called could hear me clearly but I could hardly hear them. tried playing with the sound settings and not much differnce but someone asked if the sound was the same when playing video, I tried a youtube clip which was tinny but loud. then the phone calls were a bit clearer but only at 1/2 volume, the boot up sound then became very loud but phone call still distorted, it wasnt a network problem because I reinsert the sim back into the 4pro and that was clear as it always was. Another observation was that the web browser was default to google.cn instead of google.com, It looks like the phone dns was using a chinese server and I couldnt log on to the playstore. I disabled the webbrowser and eventually could enter my details for using playstore, I never did figure out what that was about. curious but Jeremy, if you have girly hands/wrist doesnt the watch looks way too big? mine fits my nicely but then I have biggish hands anyway

It can’t unless it’s been fitted too tightly which was my case and it was pulling on the watch (probably not doing it much good). Strange that some sounds are loud and phone calls quiet. I wish I had a spare sim to test this out (we need updated OS to allow for bluetooth calling :D). What I do find strange is that if I play a sound, like music etc for an instance the sound is super loud. It feels like it starts off at full volume then corrects to the current volume setting. Also I found it weaker on the faster on the slower BT hub connection which was odd too.

:smiley: Maybe this does look a bit silly on my wrist… But hey I’m nearly blind so it looks fine to me. I’ve never been one for fashion. :smiley:

On a serious note I really hope software updates can improve on the sound and fix some of these issues if they’re software. Battery life though on the watch seems great so far and the screen is really nice. :slight_smile: Dilberto Technology (Hope I’ve remembered that right) made a youtube video of calling via the watch which sounds really clear.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: Oh and I’m still working on the 3D print of a stand and will share when I have something that I’m totally happy with. I guess I can drop STL’s on here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

bluetooth calling doesnt work after I think its android v4 but I have a feeling the phonecall been quite is to do with the feedback circuit, if you check all mobile phones and all the other smartwatches the speaker is always placed on the opposite side to the microphone to stop whats call positive feedback but on this watch both speaker and mic is on the same side. I have a feeling that the next square watchphone will be the same design as the 4pro but bigger screen and battery

I have a sim card in, i used the Lem T only as standalone device. About the wristband i never pull it too tight ( i am allergic to most of metals so is the back of the watch, about the buttons…i press them normal i think.

Did you try with the Engineer Mode MTK? There are different sounds settings for calling-Voip calling- recorder etc etc. On mine had some improvement.

You will not get bt calling on any android 7.1 watches . Thanks

2 Likes

Can you explain what "Engineer Mode MTK? " is and how you install / access it. I know bluetooth calling doesn’t exist but it’s a shame it’s not possible. I guess it’s mostly down to security which is fair enough. Wonder what a LEMFO watch running wear OS would be like. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Playstore - Engineer Mode MTK . on YouTube you can find tutorial how to access and modify parameters of the Mediatek settings, but watch out what you are going to change…I did only about the sounds parameters :wink:

1 Like

Seems very similar to tapping a few times on the Kernel info. You can alter lots of parameters although they don’t seem to make much difference on mine. Lots of sound settings for VOIP etc. Wonder if there’s tweaks to help audio clarity :slight_smile: Will have to experiment more.

1 Like

If I take off the Sim cover the audio sound a bit better. If you cover the audio port you can hear the sound coming out of the Sim card slot

This is the joys of manufacturers trying to make the watches water proof. This and the crazy magnetic USB connectors.

Basically the sound was a very bad design, they have messed up there. the watch is designt to be worn with the sim cover on. firstly I think the mic and the speaker shouldnt be on the same side since thats going to have the feedback circuitry working fulltime to try and cancel out feedback and I think this is whats going on since when playing videos and streams the sound is okish. I’ve sent mine back to Lemfo/aliexpress and they seems to be dragging their feet in refunding me, so basically they screwed me over without vaseline since I’m out of pocket for the cost of the watch as well as the cost to ship it back to them

1 Like