Need to know information about Full Android smartwatches

Knowing is half the Battle
Need to know information about Full Android smartwatches

Applies to all full Android smartwatches
1- While able to run almost any app, most apps do not format to the screen properly (small text, hard to access buttons, slide menus often difficult to access)

2- Small batteries, so these are not heavy use devices and on average should get you through a work day with some battery to spare

3- No always on display or tap to wake (but wrist rotation to wake on all watches)

4- “OK Google” does not work, you have to open the app to use Google voice commands (it’s a Chinese watch thing)

5- NOT WEAR. So thinking these are Wear, or Wear like, will frustrate you to no end

6- Their primary function is as a standalone device, not a companion.

Companion Mode
1- Cannot use watch’s speaker/mic for calls

2- App notifications are simply that, notifications. So no reply options, open on phone, etc… (M2D does help get around some of this)

3- Remote control of phone’s camera/music/etc is limited

Standalone Mode
1- Cellular reception will not be as good as a regular phone (tiny antennas)

2- Will require a BT headset for calls in noisy conditions

Firmware
1- Update support is a not limited to brand but individual models of watches. This means that just because one watch from a a brand was well supported does not mean the other are.

2- All firmware should be considered late stage beta at best. This means that there are almost always bugs. Sometimes obvious ones, and sometimes far more subtle but still not so nice ones.

3- Porting Wear MIGHT be possible but would eliminate almost all standalone capability, which is their primary function. So the RASC Team will not explore this possibility.

Watchfaces

1- Cannot use Wear faces natively (early support for WatchMaker faces can be found in Eric’s Universal Launcher)

2- ClockSkin watches (X1, X3, X5, Q3, LEM5, etc) cannot use APKface watches faces (KW88, I2, I3, Blitz, LEM3, etc)

3- The same applies for APKface watches and ClockSkin faces

4- Extended info like weather, and so one are not possible on custom APKface faces

5- Detailed info like notification counts and such are not possible on ClockSkin or APKface faces

6- Advanced capabilities like shortcuts are not possible on on ClockSkin or APKface faces

Customization
1- No watch found here offers full launcher customization. This means widgets are limited to stock widgets only.

2- App drawer sorting is limited or non-existent.

3- In the case of the X5+, quick apps are locked

Water Resistance
1- By design, the watches with a one piece case back can/should offer better water resistance.

2- Despite what marketing may claim, none of these watches are swim capable. Not even the Blitz.

3- IP54, 55, 56 watches are not rated for immersion of any kind, accidental exposure only

4- At best, IP67 is accidental immersion only

5- No IP68 watch is truly swim capable as there is a 30 minute time limit to exposure. IP68 also has no specific depth rating, it’s whatever the manufacturer wants.

Thanks for this great info… I have a Y3 and I can’t for the life of me figure out how to change the weather from C to F any ideas

Not possibile with current firmware / stock launcher

Mar 9, 2017 20:07:50 GMT 1 Ciro Danise said:

Hi, I’m curious if in these smart watches, if we get notifications, is the screen will be on and display the message or just sound notification

Thanks

Mar 23, 2017 10:15:35 GMT 1 mimi666 said:
Mar 9, 2017 20:07:50 GMT 1 Ciro Danise said:

Hi, I'm curious if in these smart watches, if we get notifications, is the screen will be on and display the message or just sound notification

Thanks

no, just sound and the notification will be on the notifications bar, i use Nils for turn on the screen.

Mar 23, 2017 14:35:46 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Mar 23, 2017 10:15:35 GMT 1 mimi666 said:
Hi, I’m curious if in these smart watches, if we get notifications, is the screen will be on and display the message or just sound notification

Thanks

no, just sound and the notification will be on the notifications bar, i use Nils for turn on the screen.

Ok thanks

… and i tried to make shortcuts in the launcher…

well i might have read this here earlier. thanks to erics launcher i could make some widgets instead

I have been searching. does anyone know how to change a lemfo lem5 from celsius to fahrenheit ?

Jul 23, 2017 6:19:25 GMT 1 thecodewarrior said:
I have been searching. does anyone know how to change a lemfo lem5 from celsius to fahrenheit ?

you can't but ask on Eric's launcher you might but not sure.

I find it strange that full android smartwatches can not do more that push notifications (answer calls, reply to messages etc) but android wear devices can even though they are technically just restricted android OS.

Is it just a case of a manufacturer needing to include in firmware or is it due to the physical components of the watches?

Aug 9, 2017 21:37:28 GMT 1 aronclarke7 said:
I find it strange that full android smartwatches can not do more that push notifications (answer calls, reply to messages etc) but android wear devices can even though they are technically just restricted android OS.

Is it just a case of a manufacturer needing to include in firmware or is it due to the physical components of the watches?

the main reason is that google will NEVER support this watches  because of the Andorid Wear watches which have open sources and these watches depand on mtk so you’ll never get what google offers, cheap smartwatches have these capabilities because they do’nt have android system so they do’nt have to be careful not to piss of google:))))