My Running app - support thread

Yeah, it appears that they have gone.
Shame, it was/is a good app.

2 Likes

I have this latest version installed on my lemfo lem P (1/16) and it does not sync with google fit, another version that I had before if it did.
What am I supposed to do now?
Will it be that if you look for an earlier version if it does?
Or should I do a different configuration in the application or in google fit?
thanks for your help.

Im not sure if you can sync anything right now as the app was removed from Play Store and everywhere else. I noticed that Strava sync is failing, so I assume it’s true with Google Fit as well

True . Nothing will sync

1 Like

Strava hasn’t fixed google fit privacy so everyone has issues. In order to have strava send something to google fit:

1. Go to activity in Strava
  2. Edit the activity (no changes at all are necessary)
  3. Save the updated activity and watch it appear on google fit.

limitation; no map view as of now.

you’re welcome @Dr_Andy_Vishnu @LordSithek @Alexander_Gutierrez @pablo11

2 Likes

Thanks @R_Sauvalle.
Yes that is a permissions (supposedly for security reasons) dependence in the newer versions of Android.
Good to know that you have a work around.
I guess it means that app devs need to look at the installation permissions…
I wonder if it works correctly on a regular Android 10 phone, for example…?

1 Like

Strava said they fixed the sync issues for most users almost two months ago but clearly that’s not the case.

I’ve tried using web based Strava and fitnesssyncer and still no go on the sync. I’ve gotten 3 syncs to show up properly on Google fit last week but I don’t know how I did that

2 Likes

Thanks @R_Sauvalle
It clearly does not have the correct write access for storage in A10.
This is my opinion anyway…

Problem seems global to me. I’ll keep u posted in any findings.

1 Like

You mean same in Android 7.1.1?
Thanks @R_Sauvalle

For those who want to keep Strava and Google Fit sync in some form:

I found a workaround using this app:

It allows to sync workouts between different platforms AND with the file directories (PRO version is paid, but allows to do the sync automatically in a time interval). Which means you can just export your workout from MyRunning App as gpx or tcx file, then in the SyncMyTracks app you are to choose the directory in which gpx or tcx files are being saved, and connect it with Strava or Google Fit (or other fitness services).

NOTE: I haven’t tried SyncMyTracks app on a Full Android Watch, but I assume it should work fine. On the phone it works well

NOTE 2: In order to SyncMyTracks app recognize the workout type correctly, the gpx or tcx file should contain a specific phrase in the file name (see FAQ of the app). Otherwise it will be recognize just as workout. I use Tasker profile to rename the file as soon as it is exported. If anybody is interested, I can share

2 Likes

Nice find.
Please share any further information for those who use the fitness stuff :+1:
Thanks

3 Likes

Ok, here’s the link to my Tasker profile:

It’s not really my invention - thanks to the courtesy of one of the more experienced Reddit user :wink: https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/comments/pe0ew5/automatically_rename_a_file_whenever_it_appears/

In the Event/File Modified context you can choose the path were the workout files are exported, either gpx or tcx. In the task, action 2, “Replace with” field, set the workout type name. Now its “run”, you can change it to another type according to SyncMyTracks app’s FAQ. Then the appropriate suffix will be added to the workout file’s name as soon as it appeares it the chosen loaction.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks very much indeed :+1:
Have you tested this on Android 10 watch…? @LordSithek

1 Like

No, sorry. You can test SyncMyTracks in free version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.syncmytracks.free&hl=en&gl=US
If syncing is working with free, it will work with pro as well

1 Like

Thanks but I am mostly concerned that permissions will prevent this from working on Android 10 internal storage.

I see. But I use this app on my phone with Android 11 and all is ok, would it be different with A10 watch regarding permissions?

1 Like

Oh ok, so the renaming using tasker on your A11 phone works ok?

Or is happening on your watch.?
Sorry, just wanted to be clear…

No problem :slight_smile: On my Android 11 running phone, and yes, renaming is working fine. As I stated previously, I didnt test all of this on the watch yet, but I expect it to be working. Would be great if somebody else could confirm it though :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, that is good news.
At least no root or anything else needed.
Maybe someone will be able to test it soon.
Cheers
Pablo11

1 Like