My Running app - support thread

Hi there, I am new this ! Is Myrunning app multisport ? or just running ? I am asking because I can’t download App to try. TX

Hi . Yes it is :+1:

2 Likes

Many thanks. I’m still waiting for my Kospet Prime SE, my first Smartwatch.
I’m already reading you guys reviews and posts and colecting info.

1 Like

You will love it . A great watch

1 Like

I made a post on Reddit regarding MyRunningApp, basically it’s about Wear OS version which I use on my second device too, but maybe it will help to promote this fantastic app a little bit :smile:

2 Likes

sad to hear this app will be discontinued would it be possible to improve the app that comes with the watch or is it the same issue 7.1.1. becomes too old ?

We are working on an update for the the stock app.
It’s difficult to work with the Google api when you are really not supposed to be using Google at all…

5 Likes

are they using google auto imei?

@R_Sauvalle No

Ok. Just Spotify keeps defaulting to Google auto mode, that’s all. Anyway good thing they have most things working as intended anyway

Gr8 yeah i understand . I have noticed GPS on google maps on the genesis is spot on, havent found
a fitness app with the same accuracy. The perfect solution would be to get these watches on the latest adnroid version but i have read many articles all got to do with licences and big money . fair enough pablo.

@Glitterfart
It’s a whole nightmare unfortunately.
Simply because Google does not allow the use of their framework on any wearable device apart from their own registered customers of WearOS.
It’s a very sad situation and a lot of work is going on in the background to look at options.

2 Likes

yeah i remember you explained it before. would be a huge leap if we could get to terms with Google which is a keep on dreaming situation. Anyway so far im happy with the genesis performance I use it as a daily standalone driver ,and for sport activities i use samsung gear S3 . Still my perfect watch would be the genesis with gear s3 sport functions

@pablo11 should i install My running app on the watch or in the phone ? i Have try in the phone and it does not reconized the watch !?!?! there’s no heart rate sensor :frowning:

You should install it on whichever device you want to use it with

of course not, like most other apps, it’s not made to make use of other devices than the one it’s installed on. An example: when you’re listening to music, it’s android, and not the music playing app, that decides whether to use the onboard speaker or a bluetooth speaker or something else. You can’t select another speaker from the app, and it’s the same way with “My Running app”, you can’t choose to use other sensors than those made available by android. Spotify is one exception from this rule, but then you have to have it installed on both devices.

2 Likes

many thanks @noidremained that make sense :wink: but the samsung for instance, conects the watch with the mobile phone and the app is on the phone, rigth ?
i’ll try the app WiiwatchII
allready buy the premium of the Watch Droid. Anyway i’ll keep on trying. TX

Firstly, watches with tizen or android wear is something else than watches with full android. Tizen and android wear watches are made as companion devices whilst our full android ones are focused at being standalone. Secondly, you will most likely have one version of the fitness app on the phone and another version of it on the samsung watch.

I don’t believe wiiwatch will help you either. For it to be possible to control the workout from the phone while using the sensors in the watch, you could make a fitness app that installs on both devices, you could modify the bluetooth stack of the watch so that it can connect as a heart rate monitor, or, more realistically, you could use a remote controlling app. If what is important is to get the data from the workout onto the phone, I believe you can use google fit for the purpose(there should be some mention of it earlier in the thread).

Top !!! Info. Thank you

@Dr_Andy_Vishnu good afternoon to all.
This weekend i tryed my Running App
But i couldn’t find a way of turning on the built in heart rate :frowning:
Can you help me please.

Tx in advance

Yes . In watch settings ( not my running app ) . Look for " sensors " and enable HRM for the app . Then turn on HRM in the app

1 Like