My impression so far

I’ve had the brand new Zeblaze Thor 4 since Monday and here is my impression so far:

_ It’s nice looking and light weight.  I wish it was stainless steel.

_ It’s quite thick.  I wish the strap was interchangeable, but there are antennas within the strap.

_ I wish I didn’t need that little screwdriver in order to insert my nanoSIM card all the time.

_ The 5.0 megapixel camera is located such that I have to orient myself “sideway” in order to take photos and record videos.  I wish the camera was situated at a 45 degree on the watch.

It’s a pain to always press the Power Button to see the time display (you can’t simply tap on the screen like an Apple Watch). In time, the Power Button will wear out.  After inserting my nanoSIM card, notifications don’t show up until after I pushed the Power Button a second time later on and the notifications arrived on my watch about 10 minutes late.  From 1:30 AM to 7:30 AM, the battery went from 100% down to 75% on LTE with no activity; that’s 25% loss in 6 hours = 100% discharge in 24 hours.

When I tethered the watch to my Android 6.0 Motorola smartphone, the connection was constantly disconnected requiring me to use the WiiWatch 2 App over and over again.  The same thing occurred when I tethered the watch with my iPhone SE. Do you think I have a defective watch or is it the fault of my IP provider?

Lastly, even though I checked the box for “Raise Wrist”, it constantly unchecked itself!  Needless to say, raising my wrist doesn’t turn the screen on.

I think I made a big mistake buying the Zeblaze Thor 4.

I welcome your comments.

More …

This morning when I raised my wrist to wake up the screen to see the time, there was a 2-second lag followed by a 2-second screen on duration. I am glad I chose a digital time watch face.

Oct 20, 2018 16:05:53 GMT 1 leo777 said:
More ...

This morning when I raised my wrist to wake up the screen to see the time, there was a 2-second lag followed by a 2-second screen on duration. I am glad I chose a digital time watch face.

Even though it’s advertised as compatible with iPhones, it being an Android smart watch, it will work best with a new model Android smart phone.

My zeblaze 4 Thor is tethered to my iPhone SE and the connection is constantly disconnected and reconnecting requires me to go through the long arduous process of initial connection! Notifications appear only once after reconnection and no longer thereafter. I am returning this piece of junk to BangGood.

Wrist gesture is Bad on all New watches, this has been discussed a lot in this forum.
For BT connection, make sure your phone is not closing the wiiwatch app for battery saving, you have to toggle a préférence somewhere on your phone for that.