My first impressions of the Lemfo Lemx!

Good morn everybody, or at least here in North Carolina, USA it is morn!

I have had my Lemx for about a week now, and with the help of several people on this forum, I have it up and running the way I want it. What I want to do is share some initial impressions of the watch, and compare it to my Samsung S3 Frontier. I have mostly good things to say, and a few not so good, but will start with the good ones!

1. The display is beautiful and large! This is the main reason why I purchased it. I have not seen any smartwatch, other than a Garmin Fenix 5x that has a face this size, and that watch cost way more than I would pay for a watch. 

2. Available watch faces. Not only have I found hundreds and free faces for the watch, but since I can connect this device to my computer and access the file system like any other Android device, I can easily back them up in case I need to reset the watch for any reason. 

3. I love the silicone band, and it is the proper width for the face. I have seen some standard large faces watches where the face is huge, but the band way too thin. I should also be able to easily buy a replacement if I need to. I have not tried the leather band, but it looks nice!

4. The watch is comfortable on my wrist

5. I like the idea that it works as a standard Android device, even though I do not plan on using apps with it other than maybe some utilities. Sorry, but a 2 inch round device does not make a good one to read emails, surf the web, etc, unless you have eyes like a hawk! 

6. Wifi connectivity on it was initially slow, but is now working great.

What do I not like about it?

1. Physically, it seems a little bit cheaply made. The bottom, sides, and the area where the band connects appear to be plastic which does not give me great confidence that it will hold up over time. I hope I am wrong on this! The S3 is steel and gives a better feel of confidence when you hold it in your hand. 

2. I cannot find out what kind of glass this watch is made out of. With such a large screen, if it is made with poor quality materials it will crack too easily.

3. The sensor that turns on the watch when you turn it towards you to look at does not work very well. I keep this off on my S3, and for now, have turned it off on my Lemx.

4. Bluetooth,  up until yesterday was disconnecting when the watch went to sleep mode. It would reconnect when I tapped the button to check the time, but would not connect back to my phone. I installed an app called Greenify that I have on all my Android devices to help with the battery life. When I removed this, it started working and has not disconnected since.

5. While I like the magnetic charging cable, I would have preferred a micro USB. They are easy to find and if I lose this magnetic cable, a replacement may not be so easy to obtain.

Anyway, if I can think of anything else I will write it down and add it to this thread!

Dec 6, 2018 16:50:25 GMT 1 cranstonsnord said:

What do I not like about it?

1. Physically, it seems a little bit cheaply made. The bottom, sides, and the area where the band connects appear to be plastic which does not give me great confidence that it will hold up over time. I hope I am wrong on this! The S3 is steel and gives a better feel of confidence when you hold it in your hand.  most likely the next generation will be made way better:))

1. I cannot find out what kind of glass this watch is made out of. With such a large screen, if it is made with poor quality materials it will crack too easily. if not mistaken gorilla glass 4 (pablo11)

1. The sensor that turns on the watch when you turn it towards you to look at does not work very well. I keep this off on my S3, and for now, have turned it off on my Lemx. i undrstood that it was fixed with the latest firmware or will be fixed. with Eric’s launcher it has way better reasoponed but i do’nt like to use it.

1. Bluetooth,  up until yesterday was disconnecting when the watch went to sleep mode. It would reconnect when I tapped the button to check the time, but would not connect back to my phone. I installed an app called Greenify that I have on all my Android devices to help with the battery life. When I removed this, it started working and has not disconnected since.yep, if you use any app for power saving it will turn off connectivities.

1. While I like the magnetic charging cable, I would have preferred a micro USB. They are easy to find and if I lose this magnetic cable, a replacement may not be so easy to obtain. 100% right, i think so too.

here in my country Israel it is good evening everyone:)

One thing to add! The Wii Watch 2 application drains my iPhone’s battery pretty fast. The application has no instructions and I cannot find a web page that would explain some of the settings, which have descriptions that are hard to understand.

Dec 8, 2018 15:25:20 GMT 1 cranstonsnord said:

One thing to add! The Wii Watch 2 application drains my iPhone’s battery pretty fast. The application has no instructions and I cannot find a web page that would explain some of the settings, which have descriptions that are hard to understand.

i have done a video and will upload it tommorrow, have you checked pablo11 instructions about the iphone? is the wiiwatch 2 is up to date? have you downloaded it via the website?

Dec 8, 2018 16:04:58 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 8, 2018 15:25:20 GMT 1 cranstonsnord said:

i have done a video and will upload it tommorrow, have you checked pablo11 instructions about the iphone? is the wiiwatch 2 is up to date? have you downloaded it via the website?

Thank you for your response! I cannot find Pablo11’s post on the forum, but will look again. The application was installed from the Apple App store and shows no updates available. I cannot find any webpage for the maker of Wiiwatch ii, only places to download it.

Dec 8, 2018 17:06:21 GMT 1 cranstonsnord said:

we can’t make test cos none of us use iphone but any issues we do inform the firmware team.

/thread/2339/pairing-ios-adroid

Just thought I would post a quick update. I have gone back to using my old Android phone, a LG V10, am am using Watch Droid Phone on it, and installed Watch Droid Assistant on the watch. This app is MUCH better, and the watch likes my old phone a lot better than the iPhone. I will have a new Android phone (LG V40) on Tuesday and that will probably work even better!

I also use the watch droid on my Lem X and think much better than wiiwatch 2.

Hello how many time the life battery lem x ?

Battery life seems to be excellent, but yours may vary depending on how you use it. I charge it fully in the morning, and by the end of the day, around 11:00 PM, it still has around 85% battery! I keep wifi off and do not have the watch enabled as a phone, so I do not make calls or use a phone carriers network. I pretty much use it for notification of calls and text messages, auto replying to texts, and of course, to see what time it is!;p). I keep the brightness on about 90%, but only because the display is not super bright to begin with. Bluetooth is always on, and I do not use the auto sensor to have the screen come on, I just use the home button. That feature does not work very well anyway. I also do not run apps on it. Even though it is a large watch, the display is way too small for me to use applications on it.