Mod of KW88?

Hello, since my watch didn’t include a camera, so isn’t “stock” of what a normal KW88 Pro usually is, I thought it would be best to ask you in private.

Which program do you recommend to alter the watch’s Android (or is that done via an .apk file)? I wish to delete the icon concerning the camera, as I do not intend to add a camera into the watch (I am not a tinkerer, just a technology geek). Where I work, doesn’t allow a camera inside the room I work in, anyway.

Hi, with root access, you can remove the camera app.

Thanks for the quick reply! I do have some root experience with a few prior Android smartphones, but I didn’t know the smartwatch could be rooted as well! As I mentioned in my first thread, I am not a developer, but I will trust the knowledgeable developers who have tested their work on their devices. With that said, I am a word person, so if the software developer sets up the code with a grammar mindset – not a programmer mindset – I could be dangerous, lol.

Back on the original question, I was hoping to have a professional set it up for me (so that I don’t “brick” my smartwatch). However, I’ll be more than happy to do so for myself, provided that there’s a backup ROM available, in case that I do change the settings incorrectly.

I did read another member mentioning sending the .apk to the smartwatch via Bluetooth; is that possible to alter the smartwatch’s settings via Bluetooth, or is connecting via the USB hardwire (laptop to smartwatch) the safest option?

You will need usb access to remove it via she’ll commands. There’s also some apps that use root to do it for you, I’m not an expert, so I put this public.

Hi. To remove camera app from smart watch use following commands.
From watch using Terminal Emulator:
su -c rm -rf /system/priv-app/WearCamera

From PC using ADB:
adb shell su -c rm -rf /system/priv-app/WearCamera

Or you can use special app with root access to remove system app.

Warning! Before make this operation, make backup first.

1 Like