microG vs. Google Play Service

I was wondering about the advantage to use microG instead of Google Play Service. How about battery usage?

Feb 27, 2018 16:58:13 GMT 1 hans65 said:
I was wondering about the advantage to use microG instead of Google Play Service. How about battery usage?

just heard about it by you today. will try and come back to you, but sounds very promising

MicroG all about privacy. It’s a much less invasive version of google play services. I use it on my Android devices that I want to get push notifications on. Otherwise, I completely remove and disable any and all google app or service. You would be amazed if you knew all the things google tracks and sends to their servers about you with google play services. Just run something like xprivacy and you will see all the things google wants access to and the ways google is trying to track you and invade your privacy even if you have things “disabled” or have “denied permissions” to it, even if you don’t use the google play store or don’t have any type of google account. google is incredibly persistent about trying to track your location, using GPS (even if you turn it off), Cell tower Triangulation and even logging and monitoring any location you search for and look at on mapping applications. google is in the ad selling business, and gathering information about you to provide you with the most relevant ads is in everything they do, Android, Chrome, GMail, etc. They have even been known to (and fined for) exploiting other browsers to gather information about you. If you value your privacy, I would recommend not using any google products (and facebook for that matter too). /Rant
I have also found MicroG increases battery life as it is very light weight and only sends necessary data to google.