Looks like the fun is over

My screen has started flickering, so I guess that was all I could get for those :moneybag:
A sad day, it was a nice watch :ok_hand:

2 Likes

A sad day indeed. Who’s going to do my KP2 FAW 1.3 RC testing now?

1 Like

Ahhhh @onourwatches someone said you were the soul of compassion itself! :woozy_face: :crazy_face: Thats what I love about our little tight knit Forum…when something happens to one of us it’s heartwarming to hear someone say “Oh well, now I have to find someone else”! :rofl: Warms the cockles of this ole heart to know what the reaction will be when I fall of the perch! :woozy_face: :crazy_face: :rofl: Cheers, “Is Doons a great big Budgerigar then”? Doons (Who’s a pretty boy then! :crazy_face:)

Sad to hear that @Dotsfar always a pain when a good watch goes down the drain mate.

1 Like

As I recall, a couple of days ago @Dotsfar posted that he had 3 FAW watches and that nothing was wrong with any of them. So as far as I’m concerned he jinxed himself. No sympathy from me. :sleepy:

1 Like

As you have nothing to lose why not open it up and see if screen connector loose ?

4 Likes

I am not sure I have the skills and tools to do that.
But at the moment the watch is without flickering for a bit more than a day, so I am hoping it was some software blurp.
I did try to reboot when it happened, and that didn’t help, but perhaps the running out of power (it also used unusual much power that day), and recharge helped.
I will see…
Crossing my fingers :crossed_fingers:

Also go try factory reset when that seems like the last option or even back to RC1.

4 Likes

No problem . The screen connector is a push fit so no tools required apart from taking the back off

2 Likes

Hi Dr Andy,

I’m glad you mentioned taking the back of the watch and the fact that the screen connector is a push fit as this tells me you have experience with the watch innards, so that brings me to two questions. First though is that I live in the USA and as you can understand, virtually no one here has seen these types of watches, let alone work on or repair them so it’s difficult to get mechanical help with them. Kospet sent me parts to repair two other Prime 2’s I have, locally, in the event I could find someone even willing to take repairs on and after many attempts and fails, I did but the big question will be the cost to remove the faulty parts and then put in the replacement parts. Obviously it doesn’t make a lot of sense to spend a lot of money for the repairs so I’m wondering how involved they truly are. I’m hoping you have some idea. I do admit though that I pulled the back off one them just to see if I could figure it out but with the battery being connected the way it was. I left it alone.

One watch has problems with the power on/off button and the other one has problems with the camera so they sent new ones. They both look like they’re plug and play but I’ve never dissected a watch like maybe you have so can you tell me if they are simple fixes, any ole Joe can do or is it better to leave it with the Pros?

I appreciate your help, as always.

Anthony

Just a short update:

Regarding my screen flickering, it hasn’t happened since that day, so I am still having fun with my Prime 2 :smiley:
I am beginning to think that what I saw was a possible firmware error. The way the screen was flickering was like something made repeatedly tiny swipes up or down. Reboot didn’t help, but running out of power, and booting up next day, I haven’t seen it since …
I am running the FAW RC2, which has been cancelled, so I am on my own here, and I recognize that my way out, if it starts happening much, should be to flash an other version and factory reset, and then verify whether the error is there.

2 Likes

Hi . To be honest it is so easy to damage and ruin these watch if you are not skilled in doing so . Pushing connectors back in is one thing but replacing parts is a different complicated matter . Trust me i have ruined a few watches digging to deep into them . Personally from what i have read i wouldnt attempt anymore without risk . I would see if you can get someone to do this for you ( camera / button repair ) . The button repair is very difficult ( i tried and failed ) with the optimus 2 blue button . Sorry i cannot be much more help with this

2 Likes