Looking for a Wifi scheduler

Does anyone know of a way to schedule 5min WiFi on each hour and otherwise have WiFi off ?

I can’t have WiFi on the whole day on my Prime without running out of battery…

hi,macrodroid or tasker can do it,or looking for a scheduler wifi app like this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gohn.wifischeduler
bye

Tasker is the perfect tool for this :slight_smile:

1 Like

currently using marcrodroid and have wifi auto turn-on when screen is turned on, then auto turns off when screen is off. using this method was able to get my optimus pro (800mah) extended to 3 days usage before charge.

1 Like

I have tried 2 different WiFi schedulers now (thanks for the tip), none of them works when watch goes in sleep mode. How do you resolve this ? I have disabled them from background cleaner and battery optimization, but apparently this is not enough. The last one had an option to make a permanent notification in the ‘status panel’ which should keep it alive, that didn’t help either and where is the status panel actually on these watches (Kospet Prime) ? There is the notification page in Universal Launcher, but where is the status panel ?

Go to settings>more>App settings>Special access>App permissions>additional permissions>wake up the phone

Mine says “No permissions” LOL! , but the term “wake up” intrigues me.

Try with nova launcher, or another normal launcher, it should show the status panel.

Or if you want to open the panel without using another launcher you could use one of those navigation control / assistive touch apps you could set one button to open quick settings / notification panel

That is not a Prime, is it ? I don’t have that setting in my menu…
I can follow it this far:
settings>more>App settings>Special access
And the settings search app has no hit on “Wake”

go directly to app permissions instead of special access

1 Like

in Prime it’s in settings,more,application setting,app setting(the first),then more or other(the lst),wake up phone.
bye

It’s an Optimus Pro

Looks like it didn’t request wake phone access, and there is no option to add apps to this permission…

1 Like

I finally found a WiFi scheduler which does the job on my Prime, after trying 4 others:

And it even has a nice interval function so you can schedule e.g. 1 min of WiFi each 15 mins (both numbers adjustable).

3 Likes

That is interesting. Can you find out for us how much it improves the battery? This would be very helpful.

2 Likes

I will surely be checking that out, that is my main purpose of all that trouble of finding a working one…
Now if only something could switch off Flightmode when my home WiFi is unavailable, or some other trigger …

1 Like

Looking forward to your results :+1:

It looks like with this app we can have WiFi almost without affecting battery life. I have chosen interval WiFi in my standard awake hours, so that is 2min of WiFi every 15mins. I receive WhatsApp in first available interval, and my watchfaces keeps updated with Weather info, which goes dead if I have WiFi permanent disabled.
All in all I am very happy with this solution :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I would be interested in how the power consumption of reduced WLAN is permanently compared to WLAN.
Can you show the same test again for “WLAN permanently on”?

1 Like

I’ve been looking at this on my phone . Looking good so far :+1:

2 Likes