Looking for a media player that supports BT/WiFi transfer of music files

I’m trying to set my watch up to take with me on runs and have been trying to find a decent app that will allow me to transfer music from my phone to my watch via Bluetooth. I just tried NavMusic and WearMedia, and those are geared entirely towards specifically WearOS. Is there a round FullAndroidWatch compatible music app that achieves this?

Trying to find something through Google or any search function on any site has been wildly frustrating because the search engines can’t recognize “Full Android Watch” properly and only shows WearOS crap.

are you talking about transferring the music files or about using the watch to listen to music that is stored on the phone or about only using the watch to control the music that is played on the phone?

Think of your watch as a phone. How would you handle it then? If you use a certain app on your phone, load it up on the watch as use it as you would as if you had your phone with you on the run. Hope this helps.

1 Like

I suppose I wasn’t all that clear :laughing: Apologies
Transferring the music files would be the main thing I am looking for, anything else extra for managing or using the files is bonus. The music player that comes with the watch doesn’t seem bad at all, I kind of like it. I just need to be able to get the music to it. I download a lot of music so it would be wicked if there was a way I could do it seamlessly.

I did go with that, but the apps that I use on my phone get cut off too much on the round face. :confused:

well, in that case you don’t need any app for it, just follow this guide:

1 Like

Doing it through bluetooth is wildly slow. I mean, it works. But to transfer just a couple hundred songs, it says will take over 4 hours. Is there a Kodi App that anyone knows of that would be good to use with a round watch?

Blockquote

I did go with that, but the apps that I use on my phone get cut off too much on the round face. :confused:

Blockquote

Wouldn’t square mode help with that?

1 Like

kodi: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.xbmc.kodi
file transfer over wifi: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.idea.share

1 Like

WiFi File Transfer turns your Phone/Watch into a portable wireless hard drive! So easy to transfer files through the webpage interface, you will be able to upload single files or entire folder structures, you can download from the Phone/Watch and browse the internal storage (if the Android Device is rooted you will also have access to the Android system)
Here is the free version: Wifi File Transfer (Free)

1 Like