Longing for a Longines

Hi Oh supremely talented face makers! (Easy Doons, it sounds like your buttering them up"! “Well of course I am you Twit! I want to get a watch face”! :crazy_face:) I was lucky enough to finally snag myself Longines Oposition Chronograph watch this week (Been after one for a good few years now!) It is a plain looking watch…but it has that distinctive feel of “Longines Class”
Anyway I was really taken with the way the indices are handled. They slowly rise as they curve upwards towards the outer edge of the watch face…it looks quite impressive. Anyway I was wondering if one of you supre…opps I’ve done that bit! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Er…I was wondering if one of you talented people could make a face of this that I could use on my Kospet Hope with Standard Launcher?
I have no idea what you could put in the place of the sub dials…battery? Steps? Heart rate? Anyway I have included a few photographs of my watch and a pic that shows the dial in greater detail. Many thanks in advance for anything you guys can come up with! Cheers, “Why didn’t you ask them for a James Bond Omega…you don’t have (And will never have! :woozy_face:) one of them”!, :rofl:, Doons

Mine:

Clearer shot of the face:

Credit:
https://www.longines.com/en-au/watches/selector?gclid=Cj0KCQiAhf2MBhDNARIsAKXU5GSLl–xtHs1ceWQSoSVnjXmdzP1btY25fjNBNmN2xx5202iS6CYwikaAjobEALw_wcB

2 Likes

Probably this one: Longines Opositon

I can take a look. But since I have little time at the moment and I am of the opinion that simple watches in particular require great care, other designers will certainly be faster than me…

2 Likes

@none ? Nope, mine is a 2003 model L3.618.4.726 Calibre 538. It came with the original box, papers, warranty cards, receipts. It also had a receipt detailing the cost of a full service performed on it on 21-10-21 at a cost of $290 (My own watch maker confirmed that it had been fully serviced and the case and bracelet had been re polished) Not that it matters, but it was also cheaper than the one in your link. Cheers, Doons

P.S. Now I understand your post @none ! Sorry for the long (Useless! :woozy_face:) answer! Cheers, Doons

Thanks @G1NT0N1C I myself was thinking that trying to re create the indices would be tricky. But you guys certainly know more about it than I do…or ever will! :woozy_face: :rofl:, Cheers, Doons

Someone asked for the exact model, but deleted the post afterwards.

1 Like

Sorry @Jj_Gallais I thought your post was deleted! here are the details…
Longines Oposition …2003 model L3.618.4.726 Calibre 538. Cheers, Doons

1 Like

thanx i found others pics… i take a look…

1 Like

Congratulations for your new purchase, nice gift. I will try … :wink:

1 Like

Hi @vladimir_lutzu ! Thanks very much for that mate! :+1: :+1: Yes, I was over the moon to get this beauty…I really have been after one for years…never thought I’d get one, let alone a Chronograph. Interestingly it has 4 main hands (Apart from the sub dials) Hour hand. Minute hand. A Chronograph “Sweep” hand and a Chronograph minute hand…all on the main stem! And they are all exactly the same in appearance (Except that the chronograph hands are a fraction thinner than the time hands) …so when you have the chronograph going it is a little difficult to tell which hands are the main time hands and which hands are the chronograph! :woozy_face: But in a way that makes it that little bit more interesting…because people passing by are treated to the sight (And sound!) of this old Bugger peering at his watch and mumbling…“Is it 20 past 10…or is it really 10 to 4”?!! :crazy_face: :rofl: Anyway, thanks again for the offer to make this for me mate…very much appreciated! :+1: :+1: Cheers, “Who turned the chronograph on”?!!, Doons

1 Like

hope u like…sorry no white hand…
clock_skin_model

1 Like

@Jj_Gallais It looks really good mate! :+1: :+1: I don’t know how you did it…but both you & @vladimir_lutzu managed to get the minute markers looking exactly like they do on the real watch! The look like they are raised off the face. Your sub dials have different operations fromhis, so I can keep both these faces on my watch. Many thanks for the time & effort you put into this…much appreciated mate! Cheers, Doons