Longines Oposition Chronograph

For @Doonsbury

clock_skin_model

CREDIT: Longines.com

3 Likes

Hi @doubledad Many thanks for making that mate! :+1: :+1: You nailed the hands! There are 4 on the main stem…2 for the time and 2 for the chronograph! The only real difference between them is that the chronograph hands are (Like your “Sweep” hand) a fraction thinner than the time hands…and believe me, when all 4 are working, it really does require some concentration to tell exactly which is which! :woozy_face: :rofl: Cheers, “Don’t EVER turn the chronograph on”! :woozy_face:, Doons

Happy you like it!

1 Like

You say "There are 4 on the main stem…2 for the time and 2 for the chronograph! ", but I have not been able to find a picture that shows anything other than hr/min/sec on the main stem. Your model must be different?

Take a gander at the link below Father Twice! :crazy_face: It shows the 4 “Main” hands in operation…the guy even comments on how hard it is to read the time with all 4 deployed! Ok, so he is talking about a 2001 model, but my 2003 model is exactly the same. (If you look carefully at the picture of my watch in my original face request, you can see all 4 hands deployed on my watch…“Oh yea of little faith”! :woozy_face:) Cheers, “When the 2 big hands are on the 4 and the two little hands are on the 7, what times(s) is it”? :woozy_face: :crazy_face: :rofl:, Doons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXLwBEqeV5I

1 Like

Hi @doubledad Did you take a look at the Utube video? Cheers, Doons