LEMX Apps advice please.

Hi All,

This is my first post here although I have been a member for quite a while.
I received my LEMX this week having previously owned LEM4Pro and DM2018.

I am looking for app advice for the following subjects.

1 Email App

An email app for Gmail that will notify correctly on the LEMX and fully work on cellular internet as well as wifi.
The app would have to be able to send notifications in the background when the watch is sleeping, same as calls or messages.
The google gmail app does not work for some reason?

2 Camera App

The camera on the LEMX is as good as the DM2018, but the intergrated app is hopeless. (The DM2018 has a good integrated camera app for instance.)
Has anyone found a decent camera app that works well on the LEMX?

3 Quiet Mode timing feature.

I would like to automatically set the quiet mode on a timer between certain hours (When I’m asleep !)
Any recommendations?

Thanks everyone

Nov 21, 2018 12:39:39 GMT 1 promethian said:
1 Email App

An email app for Gmail that will notify correctly on the LEMX and fully work on cellular internet as well as wifi.
The app would have to be able to send notifications in the background when the watch is sleeping, same as calls or messages.
The google gmail app does not work for some reason? - try this one: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.outlook&hl=en btw, have you enabled notifications and data usage for gmail? that will have an impact on battery:)

2 Camera App

The camera on the LEMX is as good as the DM2018, but the intergrated app is hopeless. (The DM2018 has a good integrated camera app for instance.)
Has anyone found a decent camera app that works well on the LEMX? - what do you mean? different app from the stock app on the watch?

I would like to automatically set the quiet mode on a timer between certain hours (When I’m asleep !)
Any recommendations? -somthing like this: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anonestep.silentmodeschedular

1 Email App

The google gmail app does not work for some reason? - try this one: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.outlook&hl=en btw, have you enabled notifications and data usage for gmail? that will have an impact on battery:)

Yes have altered these settings prior to posting, gmail app does not provide notifications on LEMX (I admit I was surprised when it didnt either!)
However Bluemail does work on wifi, just not over cellular? Was maybe hoping someone else had tried out all the available apps !
Must have something to do with implimentation of 7.1.1 on LEMX?

EDIT
After much experimentation.
GMX mail works… well done the Germans.

2 Camera App

Has anyone found a decent camera app that works well on the LEMX? - what do you mean? different app from the stock app on the watch?

Yes different from stock app on watch. Wondering if anyone has any experiences with LEMX
I have tried 'Open Camera ’ app but that is far to involved for the LEMX, and the menu’s do not translate well in the small screen format.

Any recommendations? -somthing like this: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anonestep.silentmodeschedular

Thankyou

Nov 21, 2018 19:55:56 GMT 1 promethian said:
1 Email App - have you enabled data usage on 3g?

2 Camera App

try these:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=camera360.lite.beauty.selfie.camera&hl=en
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.toh.hdcamera.pro&hl=en

Any recommendations? -somthing like this: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anonestep.silentmodeschedular (have you tried this one?)

Nov 22, 2018 3:36:36 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Nov 21, 2018 19:55:56 GMT 1 promethian said:
1 Email App - have you enabled data usage on 3g?
 Yup

2 Camera App

try these:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=camera360.lite.beauty.selfie.camera&hl=en
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.toh.hdcamera.pro&hl=en

Thankyou

Any recommendations? -somthing like this: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anonestep.silentmodeschedular (have you tried this one?)

Thaanks

promethian

when i mean enable data usage through the app itself:)

Nov 22, 2018 11:53:16 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:promethian

when i mean enable data usage through the app itself:)

Yes I did understand … believe me, I went through all the options.
The gmail app does not sound any alerts on the LEMX, whether on wifi or cellular data. (Even though there are settings to select for this)
The only way to check whether you have an email is to physically open the app and check, which for me is not an option and far to rudimentary.
Some other apps I tried, did some of what was needed. ( I tried about 10 and it is a time consuming process!!)

But the GMX app is really good.

You can choose whether to push emails, or poll the emails with timings from 1 minute upwards.

I have set the options to a 5 minute poll, and the options allow you to set a distinctive sound for when you receive an email.
With 5 minute timings it seems to have a minimal effect on battery drain.

I am sure I am not the only one who needs this functionality?

Anyway, now on to the camera app… I shall report back when I have success.

Hello has anyone tried lem X with:

Android auto?

(app that makes upper end car stereos work with voice commands, phone and google maps on your phone)

Google voice commands?

(could be as simple as pushing mic button and saying “call mother” or “pizza near me”)

Voice to text?

(in text message mode, push microphone and it takes your words to text to send via sms) I think this is part of google keyboard.