Lemfo Lemx bluetooth and wifi connectivity

I just received a Lemfo Lemx smartwatch, and while I love the large face, I think I may have got a defective one. The bluetooth will pair to my phone (Apple iPhone 8+), but will not connect. I have installed the Wii Watch 2 app on the phone, and I cannot connect through it also when scanning the barcode. Wifi connects, but it is real slow. I have tried forgetting and repairing several times, and I just did a complete reset of the watch, but have the same problem. I also tried connecting it to my old LG V10 Android phone with the same results. Has anybody else experienced this problem? Thank you for any help you can provide!

reset the application on the watch and the watch itself and reset the iphone too try to connect it again and wait for the pair screen .

Dec 2, 2018 15:10:28 GMT 1 cranstonsnord said:
    I just received a Lemfo Lemx smartwatch, and while I love the large face, I think I may have got a defective one. The bluetooth will pair to my phone (Apple iPhone 8+), but will not connect. I have installed the Wii Watch 2 app on the phone, and I cannot connect it through the it also when scanning the barcode. Wifi connects, but it is real slow. I have tried forgetting and repairing several times, and I just did a complete reset of the watch, but have the same problem. I also tried connecting it to my old LG V10 Android phone with the same results. Has anybody else experienced this problem? Thank you for any help you can provide!

have you updated the firmware of the watch  to the latest?

I was able to connect this to Wii Watch 2, but appears that all this app is for is for fitness, which is fine, but I also want the watch to notify me when I get a call or a text message. I also want it to give me the weather. It seems that to do this, it has to be continually connected to a network, not just tethered via bluetooth to my phone. I am looking to replace my Samsung S3 Frontier, which does all of that with the wifi on the watch turned off. I have no desire to get on the internet or run apps on this watch, as it is too small of a device. I basically was looking for a larger faced smart watch that would work like the S3 Gear, but maybe this is not it. Is there another app I should be using on my phone to do all this, or did I maybe purchase the wrong device??

Edit: Instructions show something called a mobile assistant feature in Wii Watch 2, but I do not see anything like that

Dec 2, 2018 21:05:07 GMT 1 cranstonsnord said:

I was able to connect this to Wii Watch 2, but appears that all this app is for is for fitness, which is fine, but I also want the watch to notify me when I get a call or a text message. I also want it to give me the weather. It seems that to do this, it has to be continually connected to a network, not just tethered via bluetooth to my phone. I am looking to replace my Samsung S3 Frontier, which does all of that with the wifi on the watch turned off. I have no desire to get on the internet or run apps on this watch, as it is too small of a device. I basically was looking for a larger faced smart watch that would work like the S3 Gear, but maybe this is not it. Is there another app I should be using on my phone to do all this, or did I maybe purchase the wrong device??

Edit: Instructions show something called a mobile assistant feature in Wii Watch 2, but I do not see anything like that

the wiiwatch IS notifications app it not just for fitness it is mostly for notifications, i also have the gear s3 not the lte version but tethering one they are two different watches and i must say so far the lem x take it by far BUT and that i s  A HUGE BUT all full android smartwatches are standalone devices the tethering part is a bonus but still meant to be a standalone, i use m2d so i can also use it with 4g or wifi and not just bt for notifications. just think of the watch as your phone and think what can you do with it as you do with your phone.

The jury is still out on mine. I ordered another one and am going to send this one back. The bluetooth does not stay connected and I get no notifications at all on the watch. I do see that this is more of a stand alone product if you activate the 4G in it, but I do not have a need for that. I am going to see how the replacement does before I make a decision to keep this or not. There seems to be a lot more options for using this thing also if you use an Android phone. I am regretting more and more my decision to use an iPhone. ;p(

Dec 3, 2018 5:31:25 GMT 1 cranstonsnord said:

The jury is still out on mine. I ordered another one and am going to send this one back. The bluetooth does not stay connected and I get no notifications at all on the watch. I do see that this is more of a stand alone product if you activate the 4G in it, but I do not have a need for that. I am going to see how the replacement does before I make a decision to keep this or not. There seems to be a lot more options for using this thing also if you use an Android phone. I am regretting more and more my decision to use an iPhone. ;p(

that just it you can install all the apps that you want notifications from like gmail, messenger…even whatsapp on your watch and get notifications  on both devices for calls and sms you can use the wiiwatch which i’ve tested today and works well no disconnections (i have note5) but if you use watch droid or m2d or swapp link you can reply to sms and for calls get notifications.

Dec 3, 2018 15:34:44 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 3, 2018 5:31:25 GMT 1 cranstonsnord said:

that just it you can install all the apps that you want notifications from like gmail, messenger…even whatsapp on your watch and get notifications  on both devices for calls and sms you can use the wiiwatch which i’ve tested today and works well no disconnections (i have note5) but if you use watch droid or m2d or swapp link you can reply to sms and for calls get notifications.

Unfortunately, all of those apps are not available for the iPhone. I only have one choice , and that is Wii Watch 2. If it does not work on the replacement watch I will get tomorrow, more than likely I will just return them.

cranstonsnord

make sure to read and follow pablo11 thread about iphone and wiiwatch

remember to grant access in notification on the watch,go to setting notification and look what you have and check the launcher or watch. Wiiwatch automatically do it,but you can not respond them.maybe is something wrong with the watch usually stable connection with bluetooth and its suppose to work

Thank you, both of you! I was playing with the watch last night and I did not have the notification settings turned on. I cannot get the watch and phone to connect, however. They pair easily, but just will not connect. I am trying to pair them using the online instructions, but cannot get the bar code to come up on the watch. I am trying to remember how I got them to connect the other day!

Edit: I do not see Pablo11’s thread about the iPhone and the Lemx.  ;p(

Deleted the WiiWatch and install again reset the phone and the watch and the last thing in your pairing devices deleted too.did you know too that can reset the Bluetooth on the same bar code screen

OK. Just did a factory reset on the watch for the third time. Removed the Wii Watch 2 application on my phone. If you mean by resetting my phone, to put it back to factory settings and set it up again, I am not going to do that, sorry. I should not have to do something as drastic as that to get a watch paired. ). The watch comes up with a bar code to install the application, but it does not work, so I manually installed the app on both the watch and phone. The instructions say to not pair the devices in the settings of each, but to use Wii Watch 2. This does not work. When I open up Wii Watch 2 on the watch, no barcode comes up to pair. The same on the phone. The only way I can pair both devices is to go to the settings in the phone and watch, and as I stated before, they pair, but do not connect. What am I doing wrong??

Dec 4, 2018 14:47:59 GMT 1 cranstonsnord said:

OK. Just did a factory reset on the watch for the third time. Removed the Wii Watch 2 application on my phone. If you mean by resetting my phone, to put it back to factory settings and set it up again, I am not going to do that, sorry. I should not have to do something as drastic as that to get a watch paired. ). The watch comes up with a bar code to install the application, but it does not work, so I manually installed the app on both the watch and phone. The instructions say to not pair the devices in the settings of each, but to use Wii Watch 2. This does not work. When I open up Wii Watch 2 on the watch, no barcode comes up to pair. The same on the phone. The only way I can pair both devices is to go to the settings in the phone and watch, and as I stated before, they pair, but do not connect. What am I doing wrong??

ok, wiiwatch 2 on the watch? do you mean the assistant app? the barcode must be there. i am uploading a video hopefully today and that will help to make the settings right. no, he did’nt mean reset the watch but reboot it after the installation.

no I mean reboot 

I was able to get the watch paired and connected using the Assistant application. This is something missing from the online instructions from the link in the program. I installed another launcher which makes the watch support Watchmaker faces, and found a source for a ton of free ones! Now if the watch would stay connected, and it would start getting notifications from my phone, I will be a happy camper! I want to thank all of you for your help with this so far!! )

I think I saw a post somewhere from Pablo11 where he explained (with screenshot) to click the red (or yellow) question mark above the small connect barcode - then another screen opens with a bigger pairing barcode. - I know I was a little stuck on that point too until I saw his post.

Dec 5, 2018 14:38:19 GMT 1 aronl said:

I think I saw a post somewhere from Pablo11 where he explained (with screenshot) to click the red question mark above the small connect barcode - then another screen opens with a bigger pairing barcode. - I know I was a little stuck on that point too until I saw his post.

The problem that I was having was that the instructions said to use the Wii Watch 2 application to pair the phone with the watch, and to run it on the watch. When you click on “connect” like it tells you too, the camera comes on and it is looking to scan a barcode. One does not come up. It is the same on the phone. You have to click on the assistant app on the watch, then click on “Connect phone.” It is real easy once you get the proper guidance! 

I am still having problems where Bluetooth just turns itself off on the watch, and I have to manually turn it back on. Also, I have Weatherbug and MyRadar weather apps on my iPhone, but do not get notifications on the watch. What weather apps do you all use? I know most of you use Android phones, so that may still be my problem. The iPhone compared to Android phones is so limited.

Dec 9, 2018 15:01:46 GMT 1 cranstonsnord said:
I am still having problems where Bluetooth just turns itself off on the watch, and I have to manually turn it back on. Also, I have Weatherbug and MyRadar weather apps on my iPhone, but do not get notifications on the watch. What weather apps do you all use? I know most of you use Android phones, so that may still be my problem. The iPhone compared to Android phones is so limited.

the bluetooth on the watch turns itself off? that is weird cos never happened to me on any of my watches, is power saving mode on?