Lemfo LEM16 - Personal experience

27/07/2023 P2
Heart Rate and Blood Oxygen sensors work properly, compared with Apple Watch Series 7!

Comparison of size with LEM10, LEM16 sits much more comfortably due to the round design.

I absolutely love the fact that the watch is able to automatically check my heart rate and blood oxygen, missed it a lot on LEM10.

@pablo11 Read about issues with root, my watch has the OEM Unlock toggle, wondering if that could play something?

Thanks for the offer but our hosting costs are already discounted and provided by a former members company.

It’s closed source, the only reason I have access to it is because we are heavily involved in with the solution company and assist with developing and testing.

The OEM unlock will allow you to use Magisk if you so desire. We avoid discussing this as much as possible due to the number of people who end up in trouble and we just don’t have the resources to assist them.
We do this as a hobby in our spare time.
We get no financial gain from this site.

I hope this is clear enough.
It gets asked so many times, it’s not funny.
Cheers

2 Likes

Oh yeah it is absolutely understandable!

28/07/2023
Sleep tracking works very nicely! Correctly tracked my REM cycles.

@pablo11 I am unable to use Maps as when I press the “Current Location” button, a blank page comes with “Google Play Services” title, I checked and all apps are up to date, location is turned on. Most likely a poor implementation of Google Play Services, possible to check with the software provider for bugs?

Have you tried looking at the posts in the official thread?

I have version 1.5 for both Lokmat and Lemfo now and I am uploading them.
As far as I know, there will be no OTA for this version.
I’ll add them to the top of this thread when they are ready.
Cheers

1 Like

Nice, just before you replied I figured out GLAccuracy would be the fix, just released a watchface too:

clk
Download (for 400x400)

1 Like

Came to a problem today, noticed that the heart rate and blood oxygen sensors were failing to measure, removed the watch from my wrist to find out the sensors are fogged up…

UPDATE
After trying everything possible, I was unable to get the fog out, the hear rate LED is barely lighting up and not always, blood oxygen LED is unstable, seems like the whole part is short circuiting.

Please turn it off and remove the SIM tray. Then put it in a bag with rice, preferably in a warm place, such as a sunny windowsill. For about 2 days, then hopefully the moisture is gone and it’s working again.

2 Likes

Contacted LEMFO representative, will do it now, it is 3AM in china so I have some time, I have disassembled the watch, no condensation was found there, everything was clean

My guess is that the glue of the plastic cover of the sensors isn’t good enough and is failing to keep sweat/moisture away, strange decision considering LEM10 had a unibody back.

Another question would be, even if the moist is gone and in some magic way the LEDs start working, how would that prevent the same issue happening in future? Keep in mind the watch was never subjected to water, this is from the sweat of the hand.

I will be honest I absolutely loved the watch, the system has some slight polishes to do, but is overall very nice.

The problem isnt even in the watch having this issue, I know that I am fully eligible for a replacement, the issue is that I am using a forwarder which does not send back stuff to China. And, of course, the waiting time of getting the new one…

Moreover, we cannot be sure the replacement doesnt have this issue considering they are most likely going to be from the same manufactured batch, or even a structural failure.

If you have checked the thread I linked earlier:

I think there are not many people who have this issue. In fact you may be the first to have issues with the sensor panel.
It sounds like it may be a defective device.
A manufacturing fault.
If the camera lens has no condensation, it seems likely that the rear cover is defective.
Especially as there is no other trace of condensation as you say.

I would be sure to persue the replacement because it is not a common problem at all, as I said.
If you have any problems with Lemfo support you can let me know by private message with your order details and I will talk to them.

Pease get some very good resolution photos of the damp in the sensor windows because the one you have posted is good, but still not easy to see the issue.

My advice is to reassemble the watch very carefully and maybe get a short video of the diodes not working correctly and very good photos.

Don’t mention that you took the case off or anything like that and be careful that you don’t damage the screws or scratch the case when you put it together.

It needs to be replaced. Drying with rice is good if you were not going to try and replace it.
The issue will reoccur so drying it is only a temporary fix.

Cheers

1 Like

Hey Pablo, much appreciated!

Yes I have seen some posts regarding condensation, and as I stated previously, only the sensors are fogged, I am talking with 赵香畦qí about the replacement via WeChat, I have provided a video demonstration, as well as a photo just a few minutes ago showing that while the fog from the LEDs has disappeared, the central sensor has a lot of fog, currently waiting for her reply.

She has been helpful, currently only possible issue is sending the watch back because my agent cannot do that, so using a postal service is the only way it could be quite expensive.

Thanks, I appreciate the update.
Let me know how you get on.
Fingers crossed that they will not demand the faulty watch to be returned.
But I suspect that they will.

Well sadly they have, but since they are covering the return, I don’t see any issues :slight_smile:

Good to hear.
Well done :+1:

1 Like

Google location services enabled, that’s the answer.

In my opinion… Those sensors and diodes windows look fine…
The sensors is normal that they blink off when you put it off of your wrist

1 Like

Yep, that worked out.