Lemfo lem10 GPS is not working fine

Also… without SIM or Internet via Wifi. onboard GPS never worked or a few time since i’ve bought it.
Sometimes when net is connected and GPS is using location form onboard GPS + Wifi + Cellular, it shows me location and that keeps moving around left or right or in the streets or some different location… and even when I’m driving, it takes me to the other side of road and keeps tell me to take a u-turn and turn left or take a u-turn, etc… that literally makes me to turn the watch off…

Here is a video
Btw. Luckily it showed some close position.

Uploading: IMG_1382.MOV…

Which version of the Lem 10 do you have? (1x16) or (3x32). I have both and could never get the GPS to work right on my (1x16) version. It works fine on the (3x32) version.

it’s mean this is some manufacturing fault, mine is 3/32. … there is nothing to do with 1/16 or 3/32 while i guess GPS needs a few of MBs to work in background. 1Gb is enough to run GPS.

may be the same fault you faced in 1/16 is what i’m seeing in 3/32?

Anybody please help me in this regards? should I claim a return? if yes how much? because this is literally a useless watch wihtout GPS. because it is not a great phone without GPS… message can’t be typed… phone calls can be answered or dialed. and battery doesn’t last for longer so internet if remains off then this works fine. otherwise it could be a good “Google Assistance” device.

After you flashed v8 did you peform a full reset ? If not i would flash with V9 and then perform a full reset . I have the 32g version which is so accurate with gps it is my running watch . You said you cannot type message ? Why

If you have gps , sim , 4g and wifi on for ages yes these watches can get warm . I only use 3g

Thank you Andy.
why can’t I type… I meant to say if I keep this phone and don’t go with return then with a small screen it is extremely difficult to write long message (even typing URL is very difficult). I thought swiping keyboard like (Gboard) would work. that works but if any word that needs swipe from left to right (that behaves a gesture to go back) and typing ends and keyboard hides by swiping so.

I’ve tested with v8 and currently i’ve flashed v9 since it was released in … i think in beginning of march.

“If you have gps , sim , 4g and wifi on for ages yes these watches can get warm . I only use 3g”

Yes i wored on 4G… the GPS only works good on 4G or may be it works slightly better on 4G as compare to 3G but in never gets warm… i gets BURNING HOT…

i travelled in open space… the main motorway… where the same network sim on my phone is working great with 3G but in watch with wifi (without data on) give me random jumping locations. (off course no buildings in surroundings).

On another day, i just used watch with 3G data, and same either it starts getting hot with fake (or close) locations … close by streets where i’m walking. some times 2 ~ 3 streets different where i’m standing…

I will again try v8 and then reset the watch… before that… I will just reset today with v9 already flashed in…

Thank you

1 Like

Connect to pc with this -

Makes it much easier to type on keyboard :+1:.

Another option, that I prefer is to use a BT keyboard. It works really well and can be used anywhere.

BT Keyboard

Using a Velcro strap on my arm and the back of the keyboard it can be used on your wrist.
Keyboard

1 Like

Thanks for reply and good suggestions.
I think my poor english couldn’t make you understand.

I already own iPhone for my phone stuff, messaging, browsing etc…
And this watch as a smart watch was great for wearing and GPS stuff. I wanted to give this to my daughter so she would use it… and I would keep her tracks for her security… whenever I will need to, i will call her with 3G or so…

before its THIS above use, i had to test it for GPS, 3G, camera, voice calls or video Calls. but since its GPS is not working as I expected, I can’t rely on this watch to give to my daughter for location based tracking… and would either keep it or will demand the seller to compensate it.

If I keep it, then this is fine as Google Assistant, it can be a good music player with 32 GB memory, But for other uses, like browsing internet out of my house, or using messengers, I will need to type … i can’t keep BT keyboard (that definitely required both of my hands (or otherwise some BT simple joystick mouse could work great, if exists on planet)), I can’t keep Vysor application out of my home. .(though these both suggestion are good in their uses).

btw I used “Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com” and this doesn’t work like mouse or even can’t use all functions on watch.

I can type on such watches with a bit difficulty but at the end I can. (what can we expect from 1.8in watch) :slight_smile:

My point is…
If I ask for compensation from the seller, how much amount should I ask. because buying a phone only in that much huge amount doesn’t make any sense. because the BIGGEST main feature on watch is GPS which is not functional. If this was NOT GPS watch, i would have never bought it. A already own IPOD nano with all music stuff etc as well… Even its battery doesn’t last longer.

One important point… I discussed with the support guy on skype

… there mush be some hardware issue of GPS chip, when watch is trying to get GPS data, but since GPS is not returning any good data, it keeps trying to push GPS chip, that makes watch hot and drains battery!!!.. So this is the FACT!!!

Same like computer processor or phone processor, when we demand it to work harder , it starts getting hotter and drains battery…

Did i notice the correct issue?

no. that keyboard can’t be used at all… it needs a USB part, where should I put that on watch? :thinking:

I have dealt with aliexpress several times in the past long before i was a mod . The best i ever got with a faulty watch was -50% of what i originally paid .

2 Likes

It is blue tooth and connects directly to a watch or phone. I normally use it on a table with the watch next to it with no problems but as the picture shows a little yankee ingenuity and it can be worn on your wrist when you don’t need two hands.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: won’t this look so clumsy… this is not a good idea… I could velcro my IPHONE in this way (far smaller than this) and far better in GPS and performance… :wink:

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t think anything will satisfy you. I would not wear it this way all the time. Like I said it is easy to set the keyboard on a table and use it next to your watch.

what location (GPS) mode are you on?

I tested with

only GPS
— never worked at all… once in a bluemoon may be.

battery saving mode (wifi, bluetooth or cellular networks)
— it worked a few times or give me location far from my actual location and updates only once and no idea when will the next location update. But I i’m sitting in home, it shows my home location or my neighbours. (acceptable)

High accuracy. (wifi, gps, bluetooth or cellular networks)
— it sometimes works, but if it is this is wokring, it doesn’t frequently update the location, it remains turing off and on, off and on… then this keeps taking me to opposite road and keeps asking me to take a uturn… or takes me to streets in the side of the road i’m moving on…

(this taking u-turns or updating map location is totally based on my location what maps are receiving, i’m pretty sure there is no any fault with maps)

it only works on 4G
and in 4G its battery lasts for a 40minutes around and becomes as HOT as you can iron your shirt with it.

Today I was too much frustrated that i make a video “breaking this watch” hammering it and share on all social websites that this phone doesn’t work and the end result is this!. ’

i just reset this watch… but still not getting ny information on GPS Testing app.

As you have exhausted every option and you clearly have a hardware issue i would try for a refund - part refund asap .

the level of frustration i faced … and wait in discussion on their website…I would want a FULL REFUND…
or they send me one working one.!!!

Can you guys send me a video on your watch by walking and updating your GPS location on map… you can zoom enough so i won’t know your location but just the updation of location when you will be walking in streets.

Thank you