I noticed there isn’t a review for the Lemfo Lem 9 since it has been released, so I can start it off. Can the site developers add Lemfo Lem 9 in its own separate section within Lemfo Products? It will be a good way to keep track of the device updates, firmware, etc. Thank you developers!
I got my hands on the Lemfo Lem 9 recently and tested it for 2 days.
I’m running on version v08.
If you watch Ticks youtube unboxing and 1st look, then you should know that the production watch is very different than the prototype Ticks showed. Hopefully Lemfo Developers fix my concerns with a future software update.
Tick’s prototype has an option to enable “Always on Time display”, production unit does not and is replaced with “Notification Bright Screen”, which I have no idea what it does yet.
Lackingt ransitioning mode.There was a transitioning standby mode that Ticks mentioned between bracelet and normal mode but it seems like that won’t be something the final production or update.
For now, other than those, the watch has its pros and cons.
- One day of using bracelet mode drained about 15-20% of battery, so it is about right to say it can go for 5 days.
- Lighter than the LemX and runs a lot smoother. I do not have overheating with it yet.
- Bracelet mode has 24 hour constant heart rate mode while using minimal power, good for long time tracking of heart rate when exercising. This is new and not in the prototype that Ticks showed.
- Watch charges quickly similar to LemX, usually no more than 1.5-2hrs for full charge.
- Bracelet mode with SIM card does not notify you, it actually rejects all phone calls and never goes to call history. That is a big problem and hopefully Lemfo developers fix that, especially since there is not a current Always on Time display mode at the moment.
- The front facing camera is at a weird angle than you might be used to.
I’ll update more pros and cons as I test the watch more. That’s it for now. I’ll also get back on the battery of how long it can go for in normal use before a charge is needed.
It seems like the developers will be working on a future update to include Always on Time display under the normal android mode once they have it sorted out. Looking forward to the updates!