Lemfo LEM 7 always on display problem inaccurate

Anyone else have a problem with always on display seemingly sleeping and not moving, but then jumps to the correct time when it feels like it? It would be nice if it was accurate.

Dec 3, 2018 23:33:29 GMT 1 fartwatch said:
Anyone else have a problem with always on display seemingly sleeping and not moving, but then jumps to the correct time when it feels like it? It would be nice if it was accurate.

will check this out and inform.

Thank you, Sophie! The watch is a Lemfo (alps) LEM 7 with mt6739 processor running Android 7.1.1 Build number Z28S-LEM7-V1.1

BTW, I am referring to the “always time” in the display settings of the resident firmware, not the new always on display option available in Eric’s launcher. The problem occurs whether I am using the watch’s main activity launcher or Eric’s launcher. I don’t think the problem can be solved unless a firmware upgrade for the watch is developed.

Dec 3, 2018 23:33:29 GMT 1 fartwatch said:

Uh.... ANYBODY?

fartwatch

sorry, will check out with my Hope watch to look it up.

Oh Sophie, it is OK! That Hope watch looks awesome BTW. I have found a firmware upgrade here…

/thread/2936/lemfo-lem7-m6739-z28s-model

Maybe it has a bug fix for the problem, but I really don’t want to do it since it runs beautifully the way it is. It is a shame that a bug fix report isn’t available with firmware upgrades like this, really goofy if you ask me. I have tested the “always time” display with everything I mean EVERYTHING) enabled to run in the background and access data during sleep mode (NO battery optimization for ANYTHING), yet the problem is still there. It seems to lag for a minute or two, or even five, then jump to the correct time.

Dec 7, 2018 7:30:59 GMT 1 fartwatch said:

ok, you are right the watch face seems to freeze and only when i clicked the button and turned off again it showed the right time. have you used Eric's luancher? it gives you more options for watchfaces as always on.

Actually, I just needed to know that it was an inherent bug with the watch’s resident firmware, and not just on my watch, but with all (I am certain) of these watches advertising an “always time” display that is completely useless. As such, I hope that future reviews that include this feature demonstrate this problem.
Thank you very much for your “time” LOLz!

Dec 7, 2018 19:02:52 GMT 1 fartwatch said:
Actually, I just needed to know that it was an inherent bug with the watch's resident firmware, and not just on my watch, but with all (I am certain) of these watches advertising an "always time" display that is completely useless. As such, I hope that future reviews that include this feature demonstrate this problem. Thank you very much for your "time" LOLz!

it will be reported to be fixed i never noticed cos i do'nt use this feature, btw, have you tried Eric's? his launcher works with different faces.

Yes my watch does it and its better than just a blank screen

My time is always a bit slower. I thought that it was a battery saver reason by updating the display every minute or so rather than a fault and did not worry about it.

I will try Eric’s launcher

Yes! I love Eric’s launcher! His latest version gives EXCELLENT battery conservation!

Hi fartwatch,
I have a LEM7 and have had it for the last 2 months. In the default always on screen/setting it frequently seems to stop, and then suddenly jumps 5 mins or more when you push the action button. The worst jump so far is about 20 mins. The point of the always-on feature (which LEM7 was one of the first to have) was so you could always tell the time, but this feature has lost much of it’s value when it often ends up telling the wrong time, being off by between 5 and 20 mins, until you push the action button. The universal Launcher seems to solve the problem, but as it still eventually goes back to the default always on screen the same problem ends up occuring, just only after longer than it does on the default launcher.

Dec 7, 2018 19:40:53 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 7, 2018 19:02:52 GMT 1 fartwatch said:
Actually, I just needed to know that it was an inherent bug with the watch’s resident firmware, and not just on my watch, but with all (I am certain) of these watches advertising an “always time” display that is completely useless. As such, I hope that future reviews that include this feature demonstrate this problem.
Thank you very much for your “time” LOLz!

it will be reported to be fixed i never noticed cos i do’nt use this feature, btw, have you tried Eric’s? his launcher works with different faces.

Hi . This occurs on ALL android watches 7.0 + . The always on ambient watch face is always behind and needs to be woken up .
Lemfo lem8
Iqi i8
Hope etc

It is also fearured in smartwatch ticks videos .