LEM15 and Google apps?

Wondering whether I should buy a LEM15 on AliExpress but then I read in the threads non here that the current version does not work with Google calendar and other Google apps. Is that still the case or has there been an update? Thank you very much.

Our own FAW firmware will be released very soon which fixes all these issues . Buy it :+1:

5 Likes

Yes, seriously considering it. My last was one of those large landscape rectangular watches, on Android 4 if I remember correctly. My only doubt is how difficult is text entry, it wasn’t already too great on the old one. I text and whatsapp quite a bit.

You could try the Prime 2 or A7.1.1 Ticris Max S which hopefully will have A10 firmware soon

Both amazing bigger watches :+1:

1 Like

Was looking at the lokmat appllp max but saw that somehow there is an issue with support of A9 watches and definitely no support on here. Which is a pity, that is exactly what I want. Good camera in rigfht position, can remove from band and use as a mini phone and our friend uncle Mr Ticks seems to like it too. I’m a bit tempted, partly, if I see it working on his videos, I think “Can’t be that bad, can it?”

All of what you want and MORE is available in a A10 watch so cannot see the point really . However if you buy one its not the end of the world . Thanks

Would love Android 10, but with the hardware of the Lokmat Appllp or the S999. A rectangular, large watch, can be separated from wristband, hi-res camera pointing forwards (not at hand but perpendicular to arm).
Those were exactly the things missing on my old A4 Lemfo rectangular watch: There were times I wanted to just put it in my pocked (e.g. on bike, when leather jacket a tight fit around wrist). And if I wanted to make photos the quality was poor and the pointing awkward. So, I put my SIM card back into my phone but then an Android watch, as they are nowadays, doesn’t make that much sense. They all expect a SIM card and don’t tether logically to a phone, i.e. you can’t place/receive calls via BT to your phone.
That is something I don’t understand anyhow. We all have phones and I guess most users will still carry a phone. So, why not forget about SIM and have cheaper and smaller watches that are also easier to waterproof than thise with SIM support? Or, have better hardware (like the Appllp or S999) so that they can be a phone replacement.
So, my conundrum i that I haven’t found an A10 watch with the right characteristics, unless there are now A10 versions of the hardware the Appllp/S999 uses?

And it sits more comfortably on the wrist than the LEM T, and the camera is in landscape orientation which few if any other FAWs have (a pet peeve of mine), and the charging contacts are on the side (reduces deterioration from skin contact/sweat). As I said elsewhere the design gets so many things right that it’s tragic the firmware makes it unusable for my purposes. YMMV.

1 Like

I’m trying to help you. A lot of money has been spent on developing the Android Wear system. Not as successful as it was designed to be.
Therefore, they try to prevent the use of other alternatives at the system level. Therefore, BT remote control has been disabled for other systems. Android does not allow BT call launch.
If you use it without a SIM card with your smartphone Then why choose the FAW watch. FAW watches are designed for independent operation.

2 Likes

Android Wear watches are always expensive, in my experience at least. So, FAW watches seem to be the only ones with the type of hardware I want, at a reasonable price. Now, if there are cheap Android Wear (or other OS) watches, that have a good camera, etc, and that integrate with Google’s apps like calendar etc…, please let me know, I would be genuinely interested. My ideal FAW would be full Android without the phone bit, so a “wrist tablet”, not a wrist phone. If it is a wrist phone then O want it to be a good substitute for my phone, which includes a proper camera and a screen big enough to be able to write the odd text or WhatsApp message.

2 Likes

Yes, it just looks to get it all right. What are the problems with it that make it a no-go for you?

The biggies for me are background apps can be stopped and there’s no way to disable that, and apps aren’t restarted after rebooting. Also apps can’t be given admin permission, and you can’t use a 3rd party launcher.

1 Like

That seems all related to each other somehow. A bit as if you are not the “account holder”, just a guest on the system. Never had that on an Android system, hoe does not having admin permissions affect the daily running? Could you give examples? Also, which type of apps were stopped in background and can’t be restarted. Things like landscape locking screen orientation apps too? So, practical examples that made it for you unable or at least awkward to use would be interesting, to see whether it would interfere with my planned use too. It’s looking more and more that I have to wait a bit longer and hope somebody makes a watch with a stable implementation of a current Android OS and logically designed hardware. Thank you very much for your help and info.

1 Like

You may have to wait a long time because of the current chip and display crisis.
I’m not expecting miracles this year, I just hope the world of FAW watches survives.

2 Likes

You might be right there, @gyuri . Maybe time to dig out my old Android 4 watch (DM98) again and charge it up. If I can find its cable, that is, must be somewhere in that spaghetti chaos called my “cable-drawer”.

Tasker and Applock Fingerprint (AF) are two apps that are killed and don’t restart at boot. I even tried whitelisting an app from battery optimizations with adb but it didn’t work. I didn’t try any messaging apps. In addition to app security I use AF for locking app orientation so yeah those kind of apps can be affected. Apps don’t usually need admin permissions but AF uses it for increased security,

1 Like