LEM12 Pro A10 Official Support

Hello. Received the Lemfo Lem 12 Pro yesterday. I’m already annoyed because this isn’t my first Lemfo product (LEM T was) & I’m already at wits end with this device. I have so many questions & there doesn’t seem to be any tangible answers. Firstly. I installed gboard on the watch to do glide typing & i can’t even do that because the backspace & enter button are too far out of the watch face. It doesn’t matter if it’s square face or circular face. I cannot believe an amazing hardware product like this can be released with such software problems/shortcomings. I don’t want to root the phone to get what i need to because it’s the most simplistic & basic of needs. What is the best launcher for the phone? I tried launcher x & universal launcher & they both seem terrible. No matter how many times i select gboard as my preferred keyboard i always have to choose it again before any text entry. I put a SIM card in it no problems but i couldn’t even send a text because i couldn’t hit the enter button or backspace. Like how was this device released?? There doesn’t seem to be an always on display which makes no sense as i would like to see the time as the most basic function. Lift to wake up works when it wants to. Somebody please help me before i give this away.

Too much text, buddy. You keep people from replying when you compress everything into one long piece of text. I will try to solve some of your problems. But for that I have to be well rested and have a lot of time. The chances of getting answers are higher if you split your questions into smaller portions. Just my opinion.

1 Like

No worries. Would appreciate what you can answer. I’m just very disappointed for what this phone watch can do when i know it can do better.

If you set gboard to floating you will be able to reach all the keys. have you tried disabling the old keyboard in the settings, I think that is what you have to do to avoid having to choose preferred keyboard every time. It doesn’t have always on display because it would draw a lot of battery because of the lcd panel, but if you want to you can do as me and use this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomer.alwayson or a similar one.

2 Likes

The problem with gboard having to be reselected is maybe because its a app . Make sure it is unoptimized / off in battery saver . Also allow it unlimited data access . This will allow it to run in the background . I am not using this app so i cannot comment on how it works . Using the stock keyboard i have no issues ?
As for AOD i would use universal launcher for this . Why do you think this launcher is poor ? I appreciate it had a few teething problems with A10 but i’m sure its fine now ( check out the latest version on this forum ) - not playstore if its still there . Thanks

3 Likes

I have gboard installed on my Kospet Prime 2 and have no problems. Follow the instructions you will find in this community and you will see that you will solve. These smartwatches are fantastic when set up properly.

1 Like

I’ve managed to turn off gboard in battery optimization. Floating keys has helped thanks alot. I’m currently downloading button mapper & AOD. There’s still a few things about universal launcher that infuriates me. Like why i can’t seem to change watch face even when I’ve downloaded one. In the setting section if i scroll down too quick it brings up the Google icon along with the microphone icon. How do i get rid of that completely?

Any questions for Universal launcher kindly ask and post them in the Universal thread

Thanks

1 Like

Where is the universal thread? I’m new to this forum. Also what are the best apps for lem 12 pro & what are the other launchers available?

Our search function is pretty good:

And no, there isn’t any other laucher especially for our watches.

I see. Then thank you & i will use this launcher to the best of is ability

1 Like

Personally, I just use the google assistant rather than trying to type. It is actually pretty good. I use it a lot to set alarms (you need to install google clock though), read my messages, and send messages. It can also do things like search the web. It is a must for a smartwatch in my opinion - I need glasses to properly read the display, so typing is somewhat painful (but possible).

1 Like

I totally agree with you @vader
Mixture of fat fingers and old eyes means that Google assistant is awesome :grin:

1 Like

Btw can i shower with the lemfo lem 12 pro?

This subject is off topic for UL. But Lemfo’s web site says it is “Life Waterproof” and does not mean waterproof. Their are enough comments on this forum to attest to what happens, if most of these watches get seriously wet. I would not shower, swim or immerse this watch if it was mine. Not worth the risk. But it is your watch shower away if you wish.

2 Likes

The doc claims IP67 rating. The first number is dust, 6 means dustproof. The second is water protection - the higher the better. IPx7, means submersing in 1m of fresh water for 30 minutes. Water jets (ie shower) is IPx5 and says it can handle water jets of 6.3mm diameter at 12.5l/min. IPx6 is 100l/min with 12.5mm diameter (think garden hose which can deliver almost 2 l/second). If the testing is correct, you should be able to shower with it, no problems - however, problems occur if you haven’t sealed the SIM slot properly, or there are cracks/damage to the watch glass or body.

Unless I bought the watch to swim with, I normally just take it off to shower. If I forgot, or was caught in a tropical downpour, it should survive, but not putting it to the test means it definitely will.

1 Like

Thank you for this. I’ll shower with it today & get back to you. Some of the replies on here are poor. I’ve been avoiding it in water but we’ll see today anyways. Thanks again

What do you mean poor ? The waterproof debate has raged on for years now with these watches . Only recently some watches seem to be heading in the right direction with waterproofing but there is a long way to go . As you will see across the forum there are mixed results . Nothing conclusive . Personally i would never expect more than splashproof. I wouldnt take the risk but many have without issues when swimming . There are many factors to take into account with water .

Its your call

1 Like

The quality of the answers is always directly related to the quality of the question…

6 Likes

Ha ha ha…

Seriously though, my phone cost over $1000 and I would never dream of taking it to water.

The watches cost around $200.
I’m sorry but no matter what any one told me, I would not take my phone watch near water and expect it to be safe…

It just doesn’t sound like a good idea to me no matter what I was promised…

Electronics (with microphone, speaker and buttons) plus water = sadness.
Words to live by as far as I am concerned.

Cheers

4 Likes