LEM T Reviews and FAQs

Same problem as mine you need to “network unlock” or sim unlock which can be done through software “chinese miracle 2” i m not sure about this but maybe this works or else you need to change IMEI(which is illegal) and change the imei and add other device imei which is permanently swith off

LEMFO LEMT does not work in India. SO far I tried with BSNL(GSM 900 band) and Reliance Jio (VoLTE) networks.

Wth BSNL it has showed Registered on the network after doing the select operator and select automatically after search. But MMI code like *123# or calling any number doesnt work. in lock screen it shows EMERGENCY.

With Jio, select operator and select automatically after search, it said “can’t connect to this network right now. Try again later” though I have explicitly selected prefferered network 4G(recommended).

Is that a IMEI number problem ? or fault with this specific device ? Please let me know if it works for you in India or if you know any solution.

1 Like

Contact lemfo and tell them that you need to change your IMEI.
It is a known issue.
We cannot post the tools because it is illegal.

2 Likes

People,
Please don’t pm me anymore asking me for IMEI change tool.
It is illegal and I have a responsibility here.

Ask lemfo support please!!

6 Likes

can anybody tell me is the custom recovery image of LEM X and LEM T are same? can i use the custom recovery image of lem x in my lem t?

hi
do you know where to get the latest firmeware and how to update it?
thx in advance
D.

How to Root Lem T… hopefully
If at any time you mess up and brick your shit like i did multiple times.
open your watch up with the 4 screws and disconnect the battery. i have a photo of what connector that is and will find it when i can or if someone asks. then plug it back up and reflash the stock firmware (which you can learn how below hopefuly)
these steps are may be confusing as hell…sorry as i was learning how to do it myself in the process.
there may be extra steps that are not needed but if you follow these steps it will work… hopefully. if not you will be 30 steps closer to rooting your watch. lol
mtk devices are extremely hard to permanently brick so dont worry.

1. Download Iscle’s custom trwp recovery found above in this forum post https://discourse.fullandroidwatch.com/t/lem-t-reviews-and-faqs/50030/64

2. download the firmware you prefer for the watch. I perfer version Lem 1.0 rather than lem1.4. because 1.0 has the coolest watch face ever (fluid) and 1.0 has gps on the exercise app and 1.4 has no gps. everything else about the firmware is the same. http://www.lemfo.com/col.jsp?id=166 here is 1.0
    I do not know but i think 1.4 can be downloaded above in this forum post somewhere. But just know i have tried it and cannot stand it. it sucks

3. download SP FLASH TOOL. If you have windows 10 do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzDo6iNKSEk I do not know what to do if you have a mac.

4. if you have windows 10 do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbJCbdfPlF8
    i dont know what to do if you have a mac.

5. run spflash tool exe as an administrator. if you have already used spflash tool before. delete the history.ini inside the spflash tool folder. (Do this every time before using spflash tool) If you just downloaded spflash tool dont worry about deleting the history.

Extract the firmware you downloaded
7. open your watch settings and click on build number 7 times and turn on oem unlocking and usb debugging. Plug your watch into your computer and make sure you do not or will not accidentally unplug it. I grab a shampoo bottle and strap my watch with the charger to the bottle.
when you plug your watch into your computer and a
dialogue box will pop up on your watch saying “allow USB debugging” Click always allow click and ok
If it wont let you allow it. go to settings -> uninstall applications and click on all your apps that could be running in the background and force close them. force close things like keyboard, connect phone,google, (just all the crap that runs in the background) then you can reconnect your watch and allow your computer via the watches dialogue box.

click this and go to where you have your firmware downloaded then click on the scatter file

1. click download

2. Reboot your watch.

3. spflash tool will too its work.

4. unplug your watch and turn your watch on.

5. you will now have a factory reset watch. go to settings. make sure oem unlocking is still enabled.

6. enable usb debugging again.

7. then plug your watch into your computer again. and the dialogue box will pop up again on your watch saying “allow USB debugging” Click always allow click and ok.

8. go to https://magiskmanager.com/
    and download the magisk.zip and the apk. p

place both of these downloads into your watches files anywhere easy to get to. (i forgot to ad the apk in in the photo. but placed it there afterward. Do as i say and not as i do) you may have to allow usb file transfer rather than usb charging on your watch.

9. go to the place where you downloaded the firmware and go into the folder called image and copy the factory boot image into your watches files.

17.5 paste iscles custom twrp recovery into your firmware folder called ‘image’ and delete the facotry recovery.img and rename iscles custom recovery, the one you just placed into this folder, to ‘recovery.img’

Also, Not shown in this photo but it is in a few photos down in 18.5, Paste the factory boot.img to your watch just like we did with the magisk.zip. Then paste iscles recovery over the boot.img just like we did with the factory recovery shown in the photo above and rename it to boot.img of course.

1. open spflash tools folder and delete the history
    Run sp flash tool as administrator again.
    and choose the same scatter file we did in step 8
    and uncheck every box except recovery and boot
    This photo explains

click download and reboot your watch. (usb debugging and oem unlocking need to be turned on)

1. Reboot your watch.

2. spflash tool will do its work.

3. your watch should boot in to twrp.

4. on twrp slide to allow modifications

5. On TWRP click install (you may or may not have to navigate to ‘sdcard’) in sdcard click install img, then install boot.img first (Which if you followed the directions correctly, this is the factory stock boot.img, then tell it to flash this boot.image over the boot.

6. go back into install then click install image.
    Then navigate to the boot.img file seen in photo 17. Install it. The go back and click install zip in the bottom right. and install the magisk.zip we place into the watch earlier at photo 17. Swipe to confirm flash. This will backup your factory boot img and overwrite your watches recovery with the custom recovery. With out installing magisk, if you reboot your watch right now your watch will replace our custom recovery with the stock useless recovery. So you need to flash this zip. reboot and do not allow it to install the twrp app. (Not a big deal tho)
    reboot your watch
    and now you have a rooted watch

7. cus me out at how unorganized all these steps are

8. cus me out at how many extra steps i may have thrown in here.

How to boot into twrp via adb.
Easier method once you have magisk (root) is downloading a reboot app like bottom quick settings. This app is; amazing. I have it shared in my drive link shared in this thread somewhere.

Download this to your desktop.
power shell will open. disconnect all phone devices from your pc except your watch. make sure usb debugging is allowed.
then do this with the downloaded file
then this type ‘adb devices’ then click enter
then type ‘adb reboot recovery’ enter

your watch will reboot to recovery

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=13pojAOAwcJQ6WqECEUZov2mcwdAb8Vpm
Here’s some great apps including bottom quick settings and fluid navigation. Best watch apps ever

5 Likes

Also, once you get your shit rooted. I have some great apps in this folder like a rotation app that forces every thing to be in landscape except what you don want in landscape. it is the best app ever for watches and apps that sometimes or always rotate to portrait. Another great app is fluid navigation. It is a must!!! i have a photo of one way i set it up months ago but have changed it around now. Another must is Quick settings. I will upload a video of how great these things are soon and how i have them set up.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13pojAOAwcJQ6WqECEUZov2mcwdAb8Vpm?usp=sharing
as well as bluetooth auto connecting. this is really great if you dont have a sim

wow, that was a long guide, I do have some comments to it though

I might remember incorrectly, but I didn’t think it was necessary to run it as administrator. And, is it any specific reason why you want to delete the history?

Apart from the shampoo bottle this step is entirely unnecessary, and it’s too early to connect the watch. Instead, turn the watch off and wait to connect it until after pressing download. This is valid for the second flashing as well.

Did it actually work that easy, with the previous steps as you’ve told them? Usually you have to either modify the boot image(and flash it together with twrp) or flash the recovery to the boot partition in addition to the recovery partition(for this last option it will automatically boot to twrp when you boot it, and its only for this method that you have to flash the boot image in step 26)(if you choose the method with modifying the boot image, then you will have to use the adb commands)
If you choose the method with flashing recovery to both partitions, then, in twrp you should first flash the boot image and then the magisk zip. If you take the magisk zip followed by the boot image then I don’t believe the watch will be properly rooted, and twrp will be overwritten by the stock recovery when you reboot. This will be the reason you had to install the magisk zip a second time.
But, if you got into twrp that easily, maybe verity isn’t activated for the lem t, if that’s the case, you can forget what I said about having to either modify the boot image or flashing twrp to two partitions. Then just flash twrp to the recovery partition and use the adb commands, but it wont be necessary to install the boot image again.

I guess these are the ones I’m doing :laughing:

I tried flashing recovery_C10_480X640_LFLT using flash tool and flashing was successful. But on rebooting through recovery I see the stock recovery itself. Looks like on boot after recovery factory recovery is getting restored.

Can some one advice the better way of installing persistent recovery_C10_480X640_LFLT ?

@mininuke below tip was very helpful.

If at any time you mess up and brick the shit out of your device like i did multiple times.
open your watch up with the 4 screws and disconnect the battery.

I forgot to recharge by ET yesterday and today morning it got switched off by itself. After that it did not connect in adb mode. I tried SP flash tool and it was reporting your USB device has malfunctioned and Device is not recognised. Finally I disconnected the battery and now all fine.

Heading to rooting now !

@miniNuke, the boot.img of this ROM has /system/recovery-from-boot.p so it is not allowing me to persist the custom CWM/TWRP :frowning:

To run twrp you must first flash twrp IMG to boot and recovery partitions, then boot into twrp and flash the magisk-patched boot.img (or the official boot.img and then delete the install-recovery.sh file in /system/etc

1 Like

Thanks, that reply was helpful. I thought boot.img and recovery.img are two different partitions. Didnt know I can flash the same recovery_C10_480X640_LFLT.img to both.

Few Questions on Lemfo LEMT -

Q1. I was trying to unlock the bootloader, but since there is no Volume Key on LemT I could not select among Yes/No, when I press power button it just terminated bootloader unlocking.

Q2. How to search for a specific contact by name ?

Q3. My adb doesnt work, how can I reboot the LEMT in to A. fastboot B. recovery mode as device doesnt have Volume Key ?

Q4. Backup taken out of TWRP are in .win format for example boot.emmc.win how to convert this to boot.img format ?

Q5. I tried the Nova launcher but after installing and uninstalling it, all my apps are utilizing only 80% of the height and width not utilizing 100%.

Q6. What is the best user-friendly keyboard app for this LEMT small rectangular screen ?

Q7. Once I make a call to saved number, how to check and edit the contact ?

Q8. How to add new contact ?

Q1 you unlock the bootloader from developer settings. You just turn on oven unlocking. And the factory recovery is useless. Apparently, you cannot do anything on the factory recovery. And it just shows a little Android guy.
Q2. Maybe download a the Google contact apk off chrome.
Q3. If your device is not rooted you have to use ADB to boot to recovery. Maybe figure out why your Adb doesn’t work. If it’s rooted you can download an app like the quick settings that I have in my Google drive folder I posted above. It’s a great app.
Q4. Don’t know
Q5.not sure
Q6. Gboard is what I use
Q7. Download Google phone
Q8. Google contact

1 Like

Hahaha lol! No worries and thanks for the Help Bro! This is my first full Android watch. And my post was me rooting it again for the second time after deleting some stuff i shouldn’t have.

2 Likes

I’ve only owned this since Oct 8th and this has already happened! Was just scrolling though an app today when I felt something was off.

P1090431

Any repair solutions? Ask for a replacement band? One of the reasons I upgraded was because the DM98 did the exact same and superglue didn’t keep it on. Maybe it’s just larger watches as I haven’t had this issue with the 8ish other smartwatches I’ve owned.

Hello! I am looking for way to sort list of application in Lemfo Lem T launcher (in icons or list mode).
May be here any other launcher with support of default style of notifications? (i have nova launcher prime, windows x launcher - but looking for ways to keep default style of notifications of lemfo lem T).

Thanks!

1 Like

+1 Even I am looking for manually sorting the icons in the LEMT default launcher named “mainActivity”. I thought of doing a clear cache on this app to see if that helps resorting the apps but I dont see this app itself in the Manage applications or so called “Uninstall Applications”.