LEM 7 - LTE Issues

Hi I recently received the LEM7, however, I seem to be having several LTE issues with the unit:

- Incoming voice calls do not ring on the LEM7 and go to voicemail

- Out going calls fail 75+% of the time

- Cellular data is unstable in that some times it connects and sometimes it fails to connect

- Text messages are sometimes delayed

I have validated the nano SIM works in Android and iOS device so I know the SIM is good. The Sim is from FreedomMobile

From the main screen when I swipe down, it shows the battery level and the sometimes 4 bars in yellow for the LTE signal. within a minute the 4 yellow bars sometimes change to grey.

Is there an update for the phone? It came with Android 7.1.1 with the May 5, 2018 security patch.

Kernel is 4.4.22 from Wed Sep 26,2018 - 12:15:36

Build: Z28S-LEM7-V1.2

Nov 1, 2018 0:58:07 GMT 1 fc said:

check if power saving mode is on. there should'nt be any issue with the watch to work with lte.

Power saving is disabled and the battery is at 80% to 100% when I am testing

I am new to the board. I am facing the same problem with 4G and LTE. The T Mobile -US nano SIM works fine as I took out and used on another phone and everything worked on that phone with 4 bars. But on the LEM7 which is on the last version the signal reception is so bad, it comes and goes, and most times it is grey (no signal). I tried the default APN and even created a PAP profile same issue. Signal is either on bar or greyed out/ not connected. Not reliable at all. Any advice, anyone is having similar problems? The whole idea is not to be dependent on a phone and BT kills battery so 4G LTE has to work or else watch is not very usable. Ideas?

Nov 1, 2018 3:11:31 GMT 1 fc said:
Power saving is disabled and the battery is at 80% to 100% when I am testing

Nov 17, 2018 20:21:17 GMT 1 samk said:
I am new to the board. I am facing the same problem with 4G and LTE. The T Mobile -US nano SIM works fine as I took out and used on another phone and everything worked on that phone with 4 bars. But on the LEM7 which is on the last version the signal reception is so bad, it comes and goes, and most times it is grey (no signal). I tried the default APN and even created a PAP profile same issue. Signal is either on bar or greyed out/ not connected. Not reliable at all. Any advice, anyone is having similar problems? The whole idea is not to be dependent on a phone and BT kills battery so 4G LTE has to work or else watch is not very usable. Ideas?

ok, i need to make something clear, you can't compare smartwatch antennas to phone antennas especially in areas that do'nt have that great coverage secondly do you know if the cellular company support the bands of the watch?

capt jon
leafar

I don’t use the watch as a phone no simcard,even where I live in Florida :us: , the connection it’s not reliable, still in :us: the phone carrier the connection is bad, that’s why I don’t see the meaning to use Smartwatch with SIM card just with Bluetooth

Indeed it is not reliable. I have used the watch to make phone calls and to get SMS in the US with no issues at times, even when I travelled to Canada. But not consistent or as reliable as a phone. for sure the Antenna is not as good as phone antenna, where the phone would have 4 bars, the LEM 7 would have 1 bar. It has been a nice feature not to depend on having the phone near by with BT off as it sucks the watch battery quickly. I take my watch to the gym where I can listen to music without carrying my phone on me, and would be nice to receive texts and calls there too. But I guess the technology is not quite there yet. Keeping my fingers crossed it will get there one day. Thanks all for chiming in. I thought I would share my experience so as to level set expectations for other users in the US.