LBK-Watchface: Plum Blossom Update: July-8-2019

Requires Universal Launcher.

Plum Blossoms Updated July-8-2019
2 versions, zip contains 2 zips, one with and one without the steps counter.
clock_skin_model

Can’t find the artist for this. This is the best i can offer.
unknown

Update: Higher Quality Background. I was able to make a better one without compression. So it’s noticeably sharper. Enjoy!

To update, switch to a different watch face, delete the old plum blossom, copy the new one over and switch back.

3 Likes

@lazybunnykiera How do you do the reflection? Is that doing time twice, changing the perspective, and doing a blur effect? I really like this face. I have a strong fascination with the Japanese culture. I may be a guy, but I could easily see myself adding this to my collection.

Take a picture you like. And run it through either of these to add the water effect.
https://watereffect.net/
OR

You may have to do some cropping and editing of the photo first.
Save it as a GIF and add it as an animation layer. In the animation layer, use a higher FPS. 15FPS for this animation is perfect

As for the numbers I added the main numbers first, the one’s above the water effect.
Then i exported the clock skin.

Then i went into the folder, took all the number PNGs and ran them through this site 1 at a time. https://onlinepngtools.com/flip-png-vertically

I saved them into a separate folder/Number Flip/ the images named 0 as 0.png, 1 as 1.png etc.
I also did this for the Months and the Day(sunday, monday etc)

Then i added a second Digital Clock, Named “Clock Reflect” and in the numbers, section, i changed them to images, and selected the flipped number PNGs instead.

I then added a blue effect of 4.0.
And a Simple Perspective Effect of 50.00 / 1.00, for the clock. And 34.00 / 1.00, for the month/day.
With “Dark with Depth” disabled."

Then after i was done placing them just right. I deleted the export folder and re-exported the watchface for everyone.

So i didn’t do a true reflection or flip within the Watchface Designer program. I sorta… cheated. :slight_smile: by flipping the exported PNGs and using them as Images for numbers instead of actual ASCII numbers.

Edit: @Nicholas_Herczeg While going through this little walk through. I noticed the background had a bit of compression. And was able to update the watch face with a higher quality one. So thank you.

1 Like