Lange & Sohne Rattrapante Perpetual Calendar Handwerkskunst

An average watch from A. Lange & Söhne is already full of craftsmanship and is anything but average. However, for those who want something even more “special,” the brand’s Handwerkskunst watches usually offer an additional artistic embellishment to one of the brand’s existing models. The A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Rattrapante Perpetual Calendar Handwerkskunst is one of them. It has a perpetual calendar, a rattrapante chronograph, a moon phase and a power reserve indicator, which I use to display the battery.
Also date, month, day of the week and leap year and small second.
I confess that this watch face has keep me buissy for a while. I also confess that I took my Prime 2 off the shelf to check the result in order to be able to see the sometimes tiny details better. However, it looks really good even on smaller displays.
A version for Stocklauncher Android 7.1 and higher will follow soon.

credits: -https://www.alange-soehne.com/

download for Universal Launcher: -LangeSoehneRatUL.zip - Google Drive

Download for Stocklauncher A7 and higher: -LangeSoehneRattSt.zip - Google Drive

clock_skin_model

pro

16 Likes

Great job! A. Lange & Söhne makes beautiful watches.

1 Like

Thank you! I really like this brand. I have already made a few watchfaces from Lange & Söhne because I think too that they are beautiful to look at.

Fantastic detail as always mate. Will look cool on my new /old watch :+1:

1 Like

Thank you, Doc. It took up all of my free time for the last 2 weeks. It is quite extensive, I have doubts that it will work smoothly on Android 8 watches.

1 Like

I added a Stocklauncer version. Rotatevalue 13 was needed to realize the counterclockwise second. But finaly it works fine.

1 Like

Why counterclockwise second?

1 Like

@G1NT0N1C Great job as usual. Thanks

1 Like

Ok, I really hate making mistakes. In fact, I find it much easier to forgive other people’s mistakes than I do myself. Your question made me wonder. Why counter-rotating seconds? it is obvious…Or not? :thinking:
In fact, the position of the second hands in all the pictures of this watch that I could find led me to a false conclusion: I assumed that the two second hands were in opposite directions. In fact, they are not. Now I’m a bit at a loss: What can be displayed in the (very limited) clock skin format with the 2nd second hand? Perhaps the easiest option would be to just leave it at 12 o’clock. But somehow that doesn’t satisfy me. Do you have a better idea?
It seems to me that it is not possible to display the actual function in the Clockskin format.

I’m not sure which hand you refer to as the “2nd second hand”. As I see it, the second hand is the one in the lower subdial. The two big hands are chronograph second hand and chrono split-time second hand. The blue hand in the upper subdial is the chronograph minute hand. If the chrono second hands are “frozen in place”, then I would suggest the blue chronograph minute hand be frozen as well, at zero (the “30” position).

Yes, I’m talking about the chronograph second hand and the split second.

If the chronograph is non-functional as a stopwatch in the clockskin, I would keep those two large chrono second hands frozen in place in the same position as shown in the original image. They look nice that way. And likewise the chrono minute hand frozen. But that’s just my opinion. :wink:

1 Like

Yes, I think you are right. I will do so. Maybe I’ll do a “.watch”- version to realize chronograph function.

2 Likes

@onourwatches What do you think about the typical demo position?

1 Like

Yes, that’s the position I would do. It’s the same position as shown in your first photo above for the handwerkskunst. What I don’t understand, in both of those images, since the chrono second hands are both “parked”, i.e. the chronograph is not running, why is the blue chrono minute hand showing 17 instead of zero (in both pics)? :thinking:

1 Like

I’m wondering, too. I think I will choose the 12’ o clock position for the chronograph minute.

1 Like

I fixed my mistake. Both links updated. A “.watch” version with working chronograph might follow.

1 Like

@G1NT0N1C It looks great!! . . . but . . . why are both chrono second hands the same color? (In case you haven’t figured this out, this is a test . . . I am testing your obsession with perfection in paying homage to the original. :rofl::rofl::rofl: )

I’m a little disappointed with your eyesight. In fact, one is white and the other is silver - exactly like the original picture that I used as a template. Conclusion: there are several slightly different versions of this masterpiece - and it stays as it is. :wink:

1 Like

You are right on both counts: I saw a different version with one of these hands being gold-colored and I assumed they were all made that way; and yes, even with my reading glasses I did not notice that your two hands were different colors. Please accept my apology! :pray: