KYR Watchfaces: KYR Xīnnián Kuàilè (新年快乐)

Available in my blog.

Features: Analog time (hour, minutes and seconds hands). Weekday. Day.

Today is the Lunar New Year, starting the year of the Ox. And Xīnnián Kuàilè or 新年快乐 is one of the ways to say Happy New Year in chinese. One thing leads to another, and this is how now I bring you this beautiful watchface to celebrate the Lunar New Year holidays. This watchface uses basically, for everything, two very typical colors in the Lunar New Year festivities: red and yellow (or golden). And the design shows many different symbols related to this holidays. And to complete the design, the hours (except the 12) are represented with the chinese zodiac animals, with the Ox prominently dispayed in the design of the watchface.

Happy Lunar New Year to all the chinese friends. And, if you’re not chinese, you can celebrate it anyways with this cute watchface!

5 Likes

Beautiful face @Kyrnath Xīnnián Kuàilè , 新年快乐 for everyone.

2 Likes

Obrigado, Joao!

1 Like

Howdy Kyrnath! :+1: Now personally I think that " And Xīnnián Kuàilè or 新年快乐 is one of the ways to say Happy New Year in chinese" is a lot of Bull! You only have to look at the representation of a Bull on the watch face to know that! :woozy_face: :crazy_face: But hey, if you want to try and impress my fellow forum members with your knowledge of Chinese…well never let it be said that the ole Doons stood in your way! :crazy_face: But seriously Kyrnath, that is one very classy looking watch face mate! :+1: :+1: Cheers…Yoko Geri (Which is Chinese for “Doons the magnificent”! :rofl: :rofl:

Considering my “knowledge” comes from searching in Google and asking a girl who works in a store near my home to confirm it’s right… I don’t think I can impress so much… :laughing:

1 Like

Well mate…I’ll say this for you…at least you are (Reasonably :crazy_face:) honest! All my Chinese comes from Google! (Wish I had a Chinese neighbor to check my pronunciation! :laughing:) Cheers, “Eye of the Tiger” Doons

How did you know that’s my chinese zodiac sign? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

That’s better than nothing. If I had to write something in chinese I would rely purely on google just as Doons. But while the year of the bull (ox) makes Doons think of bullsh**, it makes me think of bull runs in the stock and crypto markets :chart_with_upwards_trend: By the way, the face looks really good

1 Like

@noidremained & @Kyrnath I am not all that expert! :crazy_face: “Yoko Geri” is actually a karate term for …side thrust kick! And I only remember that because I could never manage to do it correctly! :rofl: Cheers…Crasshopper…Doons

1 Like